A little ticked

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

well said and beautiful a1angied (F)

noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes and basically the Arab or people from the ME/NA are being placed into the position that African Americans wrongfully were decades ago... AND NOW ITS PERFECTLY OK TO DO THIS. This is what sickens me beyond compare. Sorry I am not in such great spirits these days and bigotry, blindness, disregard for human-ness just makes me ashamed of what this country is becoming. Sorry if that stepped on some toes. Remember this is just my opinion based on the things happening around me. I want to feel proud to be American, but as they say "pride comes before the fall." I will be happy being dutifully human instead and just keep praying like crazy I can just be with the one I chose to spend my life with.

I feel the same way. I am so ashamed of how my husband has been treated. America is supposed to be the best country in the worl and I believe it still is. However, there are so many "bad apples" not only in our population but in our government employ as well.

I was venting some time back and called some of these people bigots and boy did I get in trouble for that!

( I think it was regarding goldenheart and her situation.)

Actuall I don't care because at that point I had had it with the injustice I see going on regarding those who are trying to immigrate to the states legally!!! (I don't want to go there again...I am still upset about that situation.)

I think most Americans are now afraid of Muslims and that is a shame because of a few "bad apples" who are also ruining it for the rest Muslim population.

I agree, pray pray pray. It is all I can do at this point for us now.

Hugs :)

chi

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

I have two different perspectives - one on a broad scale in terms of U.S foreign policy, FOX news type of propaganda, etc. but a totally different perspective on a personal level.

My husband has been very warmly received into this country by individual people. I think people are friendlier to him than they might be to a fellow American, and many go out of their way to show him kindness. People have sincere questions (if sometimes silly) about where he is from, his religion and what his life was like back home. They take time to understand his English as well as to make themselves understood.

I don't feel he has faced any blatant discrimination. I was worried when his work card arrived because his name is SOOOO Arab and quite difficult and long, and thought his name alone might put off potential employers. He had a full time job offer two days after getting the card, and has had two more since (less than two weeks). Many people have reached out to him.

I think it is easy to broadly brush our country as bad based on the Iraq war, immigration policy, etc., but I think Americans as individuals can be some of the most generous, warm hearted people. Look at the outpouring of personal donations after the tsunami. When people are in need, Americans tend to forget color and religion. I used to devote a lot of time to volunteering with refugees (unfortunately very few are entering the U.S. these days) and the generosity in time and money people were willing to give to help these non-English speaking "brown" people is beyond description.

Sometimes it just takes opportunity to open people's minds (as was the case with Amal :thumbs: ). However bad US policy is, especially since 9/11, I think most American people as individuals are pretty darn good.

Rebecca

rebecca,

I do agree with you on the basis that America "as a whole" is good. The only problem is that the "bad-apples" are making the statements for the rest of the country. My husband hasn't had many issues with discrimination other than what I talked about before..also he has not had much luck in finding a good paying job due to his nationality. I believe it was the movie "men in black" that said it the best.. "people individually are very intelligent but put them all together and they become stupid" (not exactly as it quotes but i'm sure you get the point).. well the same goes for this situation.. I'm still very disappointed in the stupidity and un-willingness of ppl to open their minds and see that ppl are ppl no matter where they're from. It's definitely a subject that can be seen on 2 levels. I'm glad you brought that up.

amal

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The eternal optimist, I also believe that most people in America (or anywhere else for that fact) are intrinsically good. I remember when Hicham and I were dealing with difficulties with my family when I told them we were intending to marry. I had told Hicham then that I believed we found each other for a purpose...that both of us came together to spread tolerance among our families, friends, and people we come into contact with. It has been a rocky journey at times. However, we have seen some people becoming accepting and understanding whom we never thought would.

Twila

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

I hope that Hasan will not face many difficulties with people when he is able to join me here in the US. My prayers are that none of our men or women that come from any country are discriminated against. If we all could be judged by our own actions then we would be a great society. Since we live in todays times it is not always that way, but somehow everything happens for a reason and a greater purpose. We can only live our lives and be as happy as we can and not worry what others think or say about our relationships. Just know that happiness is what we are all here for with our loved one's. I have met so many great people through VJ that have offered so much love and support to help me know how to get what I am ultimatley striving for and that is to marry and live with my husband here in the United States. I am very greatful that God places people in our lives, the good, the bad and the ugly but it is all for a purpose. Helps us to keep growing so we don't get stagnet. It is all a learning and growing process and it touches many areas in our lives. May all have amny blessings. (F)

Jul 20, 2006 Arrived in Amman, Jordan

Jul 24, 2006 Married in Amman, Jordan

Oct 11, 2006 I130 Approval Oct. 26, 2006 I129F Approval

Nov. 8, 2006 Recieved letter that I-129 was sent to Amman, Jordan

Dec 13, 2006 Recieved Package from Amman Embassy for K3 Intreview date Aug. 15,2007

Mar 05,2007 Embassy called interview scheduled for March 19th

Mar 19, 2007 Interview for K3- AP

May 20, 2007 Embassy called for Hasan to send in his passport!!!

May 24, 2007 Recieved Interview date of June 5th for CR1?

June 05, 2007 Interviewed and she said he was approved, kept passport and said will recieve in 4 days.

June 12, 2007 VISA IN HAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 21, 2007 Hasan arrived in the USA and so very happy!

June 26, 2007 Applied for SSN

July 06, 2007 SSN in hand

July 25, 2007 Green Card in Hand!

Aug 13, 2007 Behind the wheel test, Passed. Now has California DL

I-751

Mar 26, 2009 Sent in I-751

Mar 28, 2009 Proof received

April 1, 2009 check cashed

April 3, 2009 NOA Received

April 16,2009 received bio appt letter

April 24, 2009 Biometrics Appointment

June 6, 2009 Removal of Conditions Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 17, 2009 10 Year Green Card in hand!

I think every country has it's positives and it's negatives. How much disrimination and racisim you are going to experience depends on where in the country you live in. You know what discrimation againg Arabs and muslims are not just in this country but also in the Arabic Countries where the Majority of people Muslim. We need to look at each person as an indivisual. I know that when I graduated College and was looking for a JOB,( I have the Hijab on) I was worried if I would find a Job. Escpecially since my field is in business. I had to be a little pushier then I would with it, but I had no problem finding work.

There are plenty of bad apples, but there are also plenty of good people.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.