ryandgracey

Philippine Pride at Superbowl XLIII!

8 posts in this topic

Fil-Am Arnel Pineda, frontman of the band Journey performed at the Superbowl pregame show!!! I was not able to watch the Steelers-Cards game live this morning Manila time and only watched it tonight. I felt a profound sense of pride watching the li'l Filipino guy with the incredible vocals reminiscent of Steve Perry, singing his heart out to the crowd. Of course, I am not discounting the other Filipinos who have carved a niche for themselves all over the world as some of them are my own relatives.

Mabuhay and Pinoy!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

For some reason Claudeth was really laughing hard when she saw that guy singing :blink:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Should of had Journey sing at halftime instead of Bruce Springsteen.

Springsteen was a major buzzkill to watch and try to listen to, he is washed up....

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Should of had Journey sing at halftime instead of Bruce Springsteen.

Springsteen was a major buzzkill to watch and try to listen to, he is washed up....

Took to the shower after his second song :D

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Personally I think the highlight of the springstien show was when he powerslide at a camera, apparently someone lubed the stage up real good cause it looked like he made sweet love to that camera (well, actually looks like he rammed into it with his crotch but hey, he's gettin older and doesn't have the stamina or the time to give the camera a real show!). Honestly I kind of find the superbowl choices of musicians a little weird... I realize they are probably picking based on the attending audiences age (and since superbowl tickets can't possibly be cheap it's probably primarily 30-40 year olds) but this would have been a great year to throw AC/DC in the middle (Seriously, heck, they are even a current band again... so it's like the best of both worlds, you get a band that old folks recognize, and even the teeny boppers will know them). Generally I like to spend my time mocking AC/DC as the only band to truly be butt rock (I guess there is an actual genre of music known as butt rock and ac/dc doesn't really fit it but to me... butt rock should just be an alternate name for ac/dc). Anyway, all that aside, maybe next year... (and pleeeeeeeeeaze, the superbowl comes on late depending on where you are in the country... don't play music that may put us old folks to sleep during half time... we're full of food, beer, chips, hotwings, more beer, and a slow song could cause us to fall asleep before we see all the overpriced super bowl ads!).

i saw the journey live yesterday... i was happy it was arnel on the stage... feels good inside. though im not a journey "fan" i love some of their songs...

i dint watch the superbowl half-time. well i guess i did when they introduced bruce and when he threw the guitar to the man and the man almost fell lol... thought it was funny...

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.