Lisaandtim

Packet 3 Questions

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Okay some questions I have about packet 3..

- With the form DS-156(K): Do I need to send in Evidence of financial support as well, and what qualifies as evidence or is it another form to fill out and attach?

- With the form DS-156 Question 26. "How long do you intend to stay in the US?" What should I put here if I intend to marry and adjust status to live there permanently?

-With the form DS-156 Question 32. "Do you intend to work in the US?" What should I put here if I intend to work after I'm adjusted and legally allowed to work?

- I'm asked to obtain a "Photo copy of all valid passports biographic data pages". Is this just the front page with my picture and details of the passport, or does this include any pages with stamps on it too?

- I'm also asked to obtain "Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support from your US citizen sponsor)". Is this really required, my fiance'e is in USA and I'm here in New Zealand, this would take some time to get?

- Once receiving the package in my own country it asks me to send forms back, do I need to wait for any confirmation from that, or can I go ahead and schedule medical exam and then do interview to obtain visa?

Thanks. Sorry for so many questions.

~Our Story Time Line~

How We First Met: World of Warcraft, an online game ~ 2004

What: Talked online for years, became best friends, then it blossomed into more. :D

First Time Face-to-Face: June 30, 2008

Sent I-129F: Sept 26, 2008

NOA1: Sept. 29, 2008

NOA1 Hardcopy: Oct. 3rd, 2008

Touched: October 2, 2008

Requested Expedite: October 20, 2008

Touched: October 21, 2008

Holiday in US: December 17, 2008

Touched: January 9, 2009

NOA2 online: January 9, 2009 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOA2 Hardcopy: January 15, 2009

NVC Receives Paperwork: January 20, 2009

NVC Letter Saying They Will Forward to Consulate: January 23, 2009

Back to NZ =( : January 30, 2009

Packet 3 Received: February 1, 2009

Sent Packet 3 : February 2, 2009

Consulate Receives Packet 3: February 3, 2009

Medical: February 4, 2009

Checklist Sent: February 4, 2009

Interview Appointment: February 12, 2009, 8:45am

Visa Approved!!! : February 12, 2009

Picked Up Visa: February 19, 2009, WOHOO!!!

POE San Francisco: February 22, 2009

Wedding: February 27, 2009

Honeymoon: February 27 - March 6 in beautiful Santa Cruz!

AOS Paperwork Received: April 6, 2009

Biometrics Appointment: May 1, 2009

Card Production Ordered for I-765: May 28, 2009

Work Authorization Card Received: June, 2009

I-485 Appointment: July 8, 2009

- With the form DS-156(K): Do I need to send in Evidence of financial support as well, and what qualifies as evidence or is it another form to fill out and attach? Yes, you will need to send in the I-134 along with tax returns and proof of employment on company letter head from the sponsor.

- With the form DS-156 Question 26. "How long do you intend to stay in the US?" What should I put here if I intend to marry and adjust status to live there permanently? Indefinitely

-With the form DS-156 Question 32. "Do you intend to work in the US?" What should I put here if I intend to work after I'm adjusted and legally allowed to work? Yes, with authorization

- I'm asked to obtain a "Photo copy of all valid passports biographic data pages". Is this just the front page with my picture and details of the passport, or does this include any pages with stamps on it too? Copy all pages of the passport

- I'm also asked to obtain "Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support from your US citizen sponsor)". Is this really required, my fiance'e is in USA and I'm here in New Zealand, this would take some time to get? see question 1

- Once receiving the package in my own country it asks me to send forms back, do I need to wait for any confirmation from that, or can I go ahead and schedule medical exam and then do interview to obtain visa? Dont schedule the medical until u know when you interview date is, it is advised not to schedule medical more than two weeks before the interview.

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

Timeline

- With the form DS-156(K): Do I need to send in Evidence of financial support as well, and what qualifies as evidence or is it another form to fill out and attach? Yes, you will need to send in the I-134 along with tax returns and proof of employment on company letter head from the sponsor.

- With the form DS-156 Question 26. "How long do you intend to stay in the US?" What should I put here if I intend to marry and adjust status to live there permanently? Indefinitely

-With the form DS-156 Question 32. "Do you intend to work in the US?" What should I put here if I intend to work after I'm adjusted and legally allowed to work? Yes, with authorization

- I'm asked to obtain a "Photo copy of all valid passports biographic data pages". Is this just the front page with my picture and details of the passport, or does this include any pages with stamps on it too? Copy all pages of the passport

- I'm also asked to obtain "Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support from your US citizen sponsor)". Is this really required, my fiance'e is in USA and I'm here in New Zealand, this would take some time to get? see question 1

- Once receiving the package in my own country it asks me to send forms back, do I need to wait for any confirmation from that, or can I go ahead and schedule medical exam and then do interview to obtain visa? Dont schedule the medical until u know when you interview date is, it is advised not to schedule medical more than two weeks before the interview.

What if the would be sponsor is disabled, on social security and receiving retirement checks?

~Our Story Time Line~

What: Talked online for years, became best friends, then it blossomed into more. :D

Timeline

What if the would be sponsor is disabled, on social security and receiving retirement checks?

Also:

- How do I obtain a "police certificate of all places lived for one year since age 16"?

- An account balance would be good enough for "Proof of your own funds". How much money are they exactly expecting we have? haha

~Our Story Time Line~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

moved from K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures General Discussion to US Embassy and Consulate General Discussion

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.