joe_robin66

how about the wedding?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
This is an amazing website with great info! Its good to know that we aren't alone in this daunting process! My fiance and I have decided to go with the K-1 visa and I have done so much reading between this website and books that I think my eyes will start crossing soon! :wacko: Many questions to come on the process once we get the ball rolling, but the one that I am really curious about now is the wedding. Do we plan things as if we were both USC living in the states? What happens if we need to change the date depending on approval? How do we set up contracts with vendors, etc? Any advice would be great thanks!!!

Removal of Conditions

10.15.2012 ROC package sent to California Service Center

10.18.2012 Package received

10.19.2012 Check cashed (it never ceases to amaze me how fast the gov't cashes a check!!)

10.29.2012 NOA received dated 10.18.2012

10.29.2012 Biometrics appt received

11.14.2012 Biometrics

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

it's probably better to wait for you to have the VISA in your hands before planning anything, nothing is guranteed in this process. Alot of people plan during the proces and get burned because USCIS didn't approve on time and sometimes petitions get stuck at NVC for a few weeks to a few months... etc...

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

My advise to you is not to plan anything till at least you have NOA2 and know that NVC has sent it to the Embassy

You cant tell how long this will take so to save dissapointment I would wait

Good luck with your journey

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
This is an amazing website with great info! Its good to know that we aren't alone in this daunting process! My fiance and I have decided to go with the K-1 visa and I have done so much reading between this website and books that I think my eyes will start crossing soon! :wacko: Many questions to come on the process once we get the ball rolling, but the one that I am really curious about now is the wedding. Do we plan things as if we were both USC living in the states? What happens if we need to change the date depending on approval? How do we set up contracts with vendors, etc? Any advice would be great thanks!!!

You use common sense working within the parameters that you will not know the date the visa will be in hand until it is in hand. At that point your fiance has six months to enter the USA and 90 days after entry in which to accomplish a legal marriage, inside the USA, to you and only you or leave.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.