notime4haterz

OMG Approval Notice...but not my husband's!

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I figured I would share this with my K-3 family because you all have been there with me through this long, drawn out, grueling journey.

I received approval notices for my step-kids (actually they were approved yesterday). We filed for them in November 2007.

However my husband's case is still pending and "not assigned yet".

Now I'm convinced more than ever that they lost his petition. Sure, it's in the computer. They received it and sent us a receipt...but where it went after that is anyone's guess.

What should I do now?????

I'm 100% positive that if I call USCIS on Monday and explain everything, they are NOT going to do squat.

Any suggestions?????

PS-Before the fan club starts their harassment... They're not small children. They're grown. So get over it.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Narina....I was thinking back that you have had a past immigration marriage that ended after the GC was recieved....i have seen it on here before...when you petition again, it will take sometimes longer than normal bc there is more investigating.

Not trying to ruffle feathers, just saying its a possiblity to your not having an approval yet.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Timeline

I would have considered that as a reason. I'm not going to keep explaining my past. My ex-husband holds no residency or greencard. Yes, we applied for one. Yes, the judge ruled in our favor. No, my husband did not stay in the US to obtain the benefit. He went back home.

However, how can they delay an approval on petition that hasn't been assigned to anyone yet? In other words, no one has looked at it. If they did, I would say that maybe that is the reason it's being delayed. However, the fact that no one has ever looked at it...makes no sense!

Filed: Other Timeline

Call your Senator's offices. They have on staff an immigration liason who is there to investigate immigration problems. They may be able to find out what the hold up is with your petition. We had to do that when they lost our petitions. Twice. And my medical file when I applied for AOS.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I figured I would share this with my K-3 family because you all have been there with me through this long, drawn out, grueling journey.

I received approval notices for my step-kids (actually they were approved yesterday). We filed for them in November 2007.

Wow!!! I know they usually put all family petitions together...I am going to be optimistic and say your hubby should receive his approval this week if they have just approved the Kids.

Please call USCIS / Senators to raise the issue and find out what the heck is going on.....I understand how frustrating calling them can be...but it needs to be done

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Wow!!! I know they usually put all family petitions together...I am going to be optimistic and say your hubby should receive his approval this week if they have just approved the Kids.

Please call USCIS / Senators to raise the issue and find out what the heck is going on.....I understand how frustrating calling them can be...but it needs to be done

yes! This is exciting hun. :dancing::dance::dancing::dance::dancing::dance: ((((Narina))))

i think you should see your husbands soon! I just knew you would have some news while i was out of comision!

This is a new development that you can bring to your congressmans office attention...monday, start raising hell

yaaay

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

yes! This is exciting hun. :dancing::dance::dancing::dance::dancing::dance: ((((Narina))))

i think you should see your husbands soon! I just knew you would have some news while i was out of comision!

This is a new development that you can bring to your congressmans office attention...monday, start raising hell

yaaay

Lisa

Hey sweetie! Good to see you again. Did you get your power turned back on yet? Hopefully soon!

Thanks everyone. I love you all...you have been SOOOOO supportive through this mess.

Well, I have emailed my lawyer and told him to get the AILA liason on it. I have re-emailed the person at the congressman's office. I'm going to wait and see what they say. My husband's petition was filed in April. The kids were filed in November. They aren't together. I really do think they lost the April petitions. I don't know...but that's what I think. Once I see what they say, I'm going to take the next step.

I have an appointment with the lawyer's assistant tomorrow, God willing, because I wanted them to start and finish all the applications that need to go to NVC. I told the lawyer I didn't want any delays whatsoever. I told him I want the packages sent out as soon as that approval email comes. I didn't want any excuses like, "needs to be reviewed by attorney" or any other BS. I scheduled that about 2 weeks ago. Now I have to figure out what I need to do for the kids. So I guess we'll see what they say.

You know, they're not babies or anything, but how can I bring them here by me without my husband? When their English is not fluent? And unlike my husband, they don't speak Arabic either. So I don't know how I can communicate with them? I mean, I know my husband had them enrolled in extra English classes, but they have never had to apply the language. So it's going to be a struggle for them until they get comfortable with it. For that reason, I didn't want to bring them here until my husband is here.

I hope God will clear up this mess for me. I'm so tired of dealing with it all. My energy is slowly waning...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Narina,

It will all work out. I think this is a huge step in the right direction! have faith (((Narina)))))

yes, i have power THANK GOD!! 4 days without

let us know what the lawyer says and the liason

gonna go talk to my husband be back later

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

Do you think the ombudsman will help in this situation?

Say "hello" to Y!!! Talk to you later!!! Have fun!!!

PS- Thank God for the power!!!! Stay warm honey!!!

Edited by notime4haterz

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Correction: I filed the kids petitions in November 2008.

Well, atleast you got some good news! :thumbs: Good luck on your husband's case!

---------------------------------------------

"Our 1,000 Mile Visa Journey Thus Far"

---------------------------------------------

I-130

Sent: 07/29/08

Recieved: 07/30/08

NOA1: 08/01/08

Touched: 08/07/08

Approved: 01/12/09

I-129

Sent: 08/07/08

Recieved 08/08/08

NOA1: 08/14/08

Touched: 08/19/08

Approved: 01/12/08

"A (visa) journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step". - Lao-tzu

Timeline
Correction: I filed the kids petitions in November 2008.

Well, atleast you got some good news! :thumbs: Good luck on your husband's case!

Inshallah khair. Where did your hubby go? He's sailing away huh? Inshallah he'll be back safe and sound and return to you soon.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Call your Senator's offices. They have on staff an immigration liason who is there to investigate immigration problems. They may be able to find out what the hold up is with your petition. We had to do that when they lost our petitions. Twice. And my medical file when I applied for AOS.

Absolutely. They have to get back to you within X amount of days too, so you should hear something from the Senator's office within a week or so once contacted. One way or another you'd have some kind of answer and, hopefully, something that could set your mind at rest.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Aruba
Timeline

Hi Narina

Congratulations with the kids

I do recall that in the automatic robot system you have when they separate family members

Even do not filled together

ask to speak to a supervisor

and explain you can't bring the kids without your husband (i assume their dad)

And more likely they will bring your case forward and approve it

ask to join all the cases together

Good Luck :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Hugs

an1cCnE0f--0410MDAwMTg3NHN8MDAwMDEzZGF8Q2l2aWwgTWFycmllZA.gifas1cCx0-M3-0410MDM3ODEwc3wzNzcyNHN8Q2h1cmNoIFdlZGRpbmc.gif

an1cCsA-M000410MzAwMjY1MGp8NDc0Mjk2bGF8U3RhcnRlZCBWaXNhIFByb2Nlc3M.gif

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

09/02 Received DS-3032&I-864 Bill

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

26/02 Mail AOS&IV Package

Stuck at NVC :-(

10/3 Medical PASSED!

11/3 AVR states IV paid (1 month after it got paid)

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

19/02 Embassy gave me apt for K-3

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

04/04/09 POE: ARUBA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.