UmmSqueakster

biometrics in the last 15 months?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

If the LPR has had their biometrics done within the last 15 months, will they schedule it again? Do we still need to submit the biometrics fee? My husband had his done on March 28th, 2008.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Sometimes they don't do retake the fingerprints if they have been taken recently. I'm not sure how long they're valid for though. But as far as I know, you always have to pay the biometrics fee. Because, even if they don't have to retake the fingerprints, they have to reopen your file and get them rechecked.

Filed: Timeline
If the LPR has had their biometrics done within the last 15 months, will they schedule it again? Do we still need to submit the biometrics fee? My husband had his done on March 28th, 2008.

You have to pay the biometrics fee bcuz there is no certainity that a decision on the new application will be made in 15 months.

If your husband is scheduled for an interview within the 15 month time frame, they might not schedule him for finger prints( if they can find his old biometrics).

10/07/08 : N-400 Mailed to NSC.

10/18/08 : Notice Date. ( I-797C) - Expect 75 days for notification.

10/24/08 : Biometrics Notice date

11/12/08 : Biometrics Appointment & Done.

11/26/08 : Interview Letter received.

01/27/09 : Interview Date-Recommended for approval

03/02/09: Oath Letter

03/26/09: Oath date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You have to pay the biometrics fee bcuz there is no certainity that a decision on the new application will be made in 15 months.

If your husband is scheduled for an interview within the 15 month time frame, they might not schedule him for finger prints( if they can find his old biometrics).

Who knows, Emilio says no, field office said yes, another full day, 420 mile drive for the second and even third set of fingerprints. Either case, you still have to pay the 80 bucks. 1,320 miles of extra driving just for prints. Did take ugly photos for the first two though, didn't for the N-400, but still 80 bucks. But when we were there, did squeeze out that civics study guide out of them, wasn't offered, and took the guy several minutes to find one.

Yes, you have to pay the biometrics fee and your husband will still probably be required to have biometrics done. Take my case for example. My I-751 biometrics in Oct 2007. I filed the N400 in Aug 2008, went for biometrics in Sept 2008 and had my interview in December of the same year.

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Yes, you'll have to do it again. Our attorney said they are only good for six months, but I can't find any documentation to support that. My wife had 11 months between appointments.

K1 Journey

03/22/07 - Mailed I-129 Application

08/18/07 - Thai Wedding

09/06/07 - Interview Successful!

10/25/07 - P.O.E. San Francisco

11/01/07 - U.S. Wedding

AOS Journey

11/09/07 - Mailed AOS & EAD

12/12/07 - Biometrics

02/04/08 - Transferred to CSC

02/16/08 - EAD Card Received

05/27/08 - Green Card!

Naturalization Journey

08/28/08 - Filed N-400 via Section 319(b)

10/29/08 - NOA

11/20/08 - Biometrics

01/15/09 - Interview

01/29/09 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yes, you'll have to do it again. Our attorney said they are only good for six months, but I can't find any documentation to support that. My wife had 11 months between appointments.

It's good news to see that biometric appointment in the mail box, at least you know they received you application and doing something about it. But several posted here they never received that appointment and were concerned, sure do not get updates on your case on the web, nor do you get a letter stating they are going to use your last set of fingerprints, so you are left hanging. I know that 15 month thing is on the web, recall it was a .pdf file when Emilio was reporting to congress as he was asked, why is he still charging that 80 bucks. But I didn't save the link.

Always stress when dealing with any governmental agency, we experienced the most stress when that one year extension was running out with the I-751 and no ten year cards, there you cannot work or travel. We sent in our application precisely 90 days before those cards would expire and kept plenty of proof that we sent them, you always have the burden of proof that would prevent deportation in case your application was lost.

Didn't feel their would be stress with USC, but was, but still had that ten year card and renewed foreign passports, never got that oath letter when promised. Job is okay, but if anything happened to your family, felt restricted in seeing them. Another moment of stress, would the DOS lose your US passport application and certificate. You are really happy when it's all over.

Doing FIT now, and do them in such a manner that I feel safe if called in for an audit. Another miserable agency to deal with. Or a violation if the DNR, EPA, or OSHA pops in your door and finds one of your employees brought in a can of hair spray, or the ERA to make sure you have the required number of minorities on your payroll. Not there to help, but to crucify.

Send the entire fee required to file the N400.The FP is good for 15 months.But since you have no control over how USCIS processes and the time,it is safer to pay the biometrics fee.If you are scheduled fine,if you are not,fine.Don't risk the entire application being sent back to you for incorrect filing fee.

I was not scheduled for FP,they used my old one but I am not sure what they will do before the oath...

Goodluck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.