Daniel Brillit

Colombia Club Part II

2,910 posts in this topic

There is a busy day coming up at the Embassy for VJ'ers. On Thursday 9/2, 3 couples will have their interview. Let's wish luck to:

Allan & Patricia

Mike & Andrea

Jen Barbieri & Nicolas Riveros

Hope that you will all be celebrating Thursday night and all weekend long.

Felicitaciones a Nicolas. Su visa esta aprobado. Gracias Nicolas por la revista de tu entrevista.

Visa approved.

See his review here

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=6587

Edited by Robert de Bonda

7-30-07 - Met in Santa Marta, Colombia

9-19-08 - Engaged

7-13-10 - I-129F sent by USPS Expressmail to VSC;

10-18-10 - NOA2!!!!!!!!!! (Received in hand 10-22-10)

11-12-10 - Sent email to Embassy asking about petition; response "Petition rec'd; send in documents"; sent same day

11-24-10 - Called the Department of State; interview has been scheduled

11-29-10 - Package 3 received by beneficiary

01-19-11 - Interview - VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

01-27-11 - Passport received; visa in hand

02-08-11 - POE - Fort Lauderdale, Fla MISSED FLIGHT; 02-10-11 - POE second time's the charm. Easy POE. Welcome to the USA.

03-04-11 - Married

AOS

05-08-11 - Mailed out I-485, I-765 & I-131;

05-16-11 - Text & email msgs with Receipt Number

05-17-11 - Applied for Expedited AP as Victoria's mother was very ill; 05-18-11 - Picked up AP document

05-20-11 - Victoria returns to Colombia; NOA1 for all 3 forms arrive

06-03-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE 06-07-11 - RFE arrives for 2010 Tax Return

06-08-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; Post Office returned a letter that was sent by USCIS; 06-09-11 - Issue resolved

06-14-11 - RFE response sent; 06-21-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE response under review

06-29-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; Case transferred to CSC

08-30-11 - Victoria returns to US

08-31-11 - Biometrics done; Text message - "EAD Card Production ordered"

09-11 - Case transferred back from CSC

11-22-11 - Interview in Albany Field Office. AOS APPROVED.

There is a busy day coming up at the Embassy for VJ'ers. On Thursday 9/2, 3 couples will have their interview. Let's wish luck to:

Allan & Patricia

Mike & Andrea

Jen Barbieri & Nicolas Riveros

Hope that you will all be celebrating Thursday night and all weekend long.

Conratulations also to Allan & Patricia. Visa approved.

9-19-08 - Engaged

11-12-10 - Sent email to Embassy asking about petition; response "Petition rec'd; send in documents"; sent same day

02-08-11 - POE - Fort Lauderdale, Fla MISSED FLIGHT; 02-10-11 - POE second time's the charm. Easy POE. Welcome to the USA.

03-04-11 - Married

AOS

05-17-11 - Applied for Expedited AP as Victoria's mother was very ill; 05-18-11 - Picked up AP document

06-03-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE 06-07-11 - RFE arrives for 2010 Tax Return

06-08-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; Post Office returned a letter that was sent by USCIS; 06-09-11 - Issue resolved

06-14-11 - RFE response sent; 06-21-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE response under review

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

OK, I just got off the phone with both the Dept. of State and NVC.

Dept. of State confirmed that the case was transmitted electronically on 9/1 but the consulate does NOT show that it has been physically received (which is what the lady at the consulate told me on Wednesday.) NVC confirmed that it absolutely, positively was sent out to Bogotá on 8/31 and that only Bogotá could make any inquiry to NVC concerning the whereabouts of the casefile, i.e. tracking, investigate potential loss of file, etc.

Now, my question is: How do I go about getting Bogotá to do this and how long would I have to wait before asking? Only being allowed to call during a 2 hour window weekly is frustrating and the fact that they don't seem to answer my emails is doubly so.

After 125 days between NOA1 and NOA2 and being told we were "undergoing AP" at NVC, we were hoping for a little smooth sailing once the case was shipped to Bogotá but I'm guessing that it just isn't in the cards for us...

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Geez Ryna

It's crazy how they're treating you.

I consitently get responses to my emails, and I've sent them a half dozen emails and various questions... I would certainly attempt to email them.. Are you by chance using like a hotmail or yahoo account? if so, they may block those (just guessing) but you may try getting an email account from a regular ISP like timewarner, roadrunner, or a company email account..

I beleive if you tell them in an email that it's been sent sometime ago, they should take some steps to track it...

Kenny

Timeline

Are you writing to them in English? Seriously, it's like a black hole when I send them an email using my roadrunner account (the address they have on file.) It's been over 4 days since the first email and now a full business day since the second.

Since I was able to find a thread here on VJ that shows how to track the DHL shipments from NVC to Bogotá, and every shipment within +/- 3 days from the date they told me it went out has already arrived, I think it never made it into the package shipped out by NVC. But, NVC won't investigate for me. Only Bogota can ask them to do that and Bogota just won't respond..

I'm starting to get a bad feeling that it was misplaced at NVC and they only think that it went out. And, that they're going to tell us we have to go back to VSC from the beginning again with an entirely new I-129F petition.., probably complete with waiver for a second time in two years...

Is IVBogota@state.gov the correct address? The fact that others get answered rather quickly makes me think I'm not sending it to the right place...

Edited by ryna

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Timeline

Are you writing to them in English? Seriously, it's like a black hole when I send them an email using my roadrunner account (the address they have on file.) It's been over 4 days since the first email and now a full business day since the second.

Since I was able to find a thread here on VJ that shows how to track the DHL shipments from NVC to Bogotá, and every shipment within +/- 3 days from the date they told me it went out has already arrived, I think it never made it into the package shipped out by NVC. But, NVC won't investigate for me. Only Bogota can ask them to do that and Bogota just won't respond..

I'm starting to get a bad feeling that it was misplaced at NVC and they only think that it went out. And, that they're going to tell us we have to go back to VSC from the beginning again with an entirely new I-129F petition.., probably complete with waiver for a second time in two years...

Is IVBogota@state.gov the correct address? The fact that others get answered rather quickly makes me think I'm not sending it to the right place...

IVBogota@state.gov is Correct..

Yea, I write to them in english..

Maybe you should go down there and kick their butts since you're in Bogota, but make sure you don't mention me.. :rofl::rofl:

Anyhow, I also get a "read" confirmation using outlook options "request read confirmation" on my email client.. And I have always gotten a response..

Kenny

Timeline

I just fired off another email to them using the read receipt option. This time, I received an Out-of-Office AutoReply response.. I have no idea..

I did mention that it has been 11 calendar (8 business) days since it left NVC and that everyone whom I've spoken with seems to be a bit shocked that it hasn't been received as of yet. Maybe this will get them to look into it?

Right now, I can only hope.

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Timeline

Well, third time was the charm.. I received the read receipt, then a few minutes later, a response. They told me 2 to 3 weeks is within the norm for delivery so they would expect to have it by the end of next week.

At least it was a response...

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Timeline

Well, third time was the charm.. I received the read receipt, then a few minutes later, a response. They told me 2 to 3 weeks is within the norm for delivery so they would expect to have it by the end of next week.

At least it was a response...

Whew man!, for a minute there I was starting to think they just had it out for you..

Kenny

They told me 2 to 3 weeks is within the norm for delivery so they would expect to have it by the end of next week.

Closer to 2 weeks than 3 is my opinion. Unless, maybe you're dealing with Chrismas and New Years Eve/Day, IMO.

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Felicitaciones a Nicolas. Su visa esta aprobado. Gracias Nicolas por la revista de tu entrevista.

Visa approved.

See his review here

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=6587

Review Topic: General Review

Hola todos, bueno les cuento la historia llegue super temparano como a las 6:10 am mas o menos fui directo a la fila 3 donde me pidieron las formas Ds-156 y me pusieron el sticker verde, luego una vez adentro me dieron la carpeta cafe donde poner los documentos en el orden que ellos quieren y pase a una sala de espera donde me llamaron a la ventana 32 donde una senora bastante brava reviso los documentos y los anadio a los documentos que envio el uscis despues me dijeron que esperara en la sala de espera frente a las ventanillas de la 1 a la 6 donde estuve esperando un buen rato ademas con nervos por que la consul de la ventanilla 3 parecia negar todas las visas, por fin a eso de las 11:30 me llamaron a la ventanilla 5 donde una consul super querida me dijo que todo estaba perfecto y que estaba impresionada pues nunca habia visto un caso que avanzara tan rapido como el nuestro dado que aplicamos en junio y hoy 9 de septimebre tengo mi visa, ella no me pregunto nada ni pidio ningun documento solo dijo visa aprovada y que pasara a domesa a pagar, me siento muy afortunado de que todo fuera sencillo y ando muy feliz pues en octubre viajare a estar con mi chikita. Gracias a todos por sus consejos y ayuda y suerte a todos en ssus procesos.

Nicolas' story didn't appear to include his fiancee. Good to see he didn't get denied for her not accompanying him to the Embassy this week. :dance::thumbs:

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Review Topic: General Review

Hola todos, bueno les cuento la historia llegue super temparano como a las 6:10 am mas o menos fui directo a la fila 3 donde me pidieron las formas Ds-156 y me pusieron el sticker verde, luego una vez adentro me dieron la carpeta cafe donde poner los documentos en el orden que ellos quieren y pase a una sala de espera donde me llamaron a la ventana 32 donde una senora bastante brava reviso los documentos y los anadio a los documentos que envio el uscis despues me dijeron que esperara en la sala de espera frente a las ventanillas de la 1 a la 6 donde estuve esperando un buen rato ademas con nervos por que la consul de la ventanilla 3 parecia negar todas las visas, por fin a eso de las 11:30 me llamaron a la ventanilla 5 donde una consul super querida me dijo que todo estaba perfecto y que estaba impresionada pues nunca habia visto un caso que avanzara tan rapido como el nuestro dado que aplicamos en junio y hoy 9 de septimebre tengo mi visa, ella no me pregunto nada ni pidio ningun documento solo dijo visa aprovada y que pasara a domesa a pagar, me siento muy afortunado de que todo fuera sencillo y ando muy feliz pues en octubre viajare a estar con mi chikita. Gracias a todos por sus consejos y ayuda y suerte a todos en ssus procesos.

Nicolas' story didn't appear to include his fiancee. Good to see he didn't get denied for her not accompanying him to the Embassy this week. :dance::thumbs:

I saw that as well; but never thought of letting her go to the interview by herself.

9-19-08 - Engaged

03-04-11 - Married

AOS

Timeline

I wouldn't ever think of letting her go to the interview alone either but it's still good to see someone who went solo get approved because you just never know what could prevent it from happening. I've learned to expect the unexpected more than normal throughout this process, whether I like it or not.

In my case, I got a bad vibe a week and a half ago when I entered Colombia - 30 day visa instead of the usual 60 they've always given me and the DAS agent finished reading her address for me (as if to say, "The same place, again? For tourism? Are you really living here or something?") I've just been lucky enough to have been able to make 6 trips since January, 4 of which have been for two-three weeks at a time. It's just good to see that someone got approved solo because I have this fear (probably unfounded) that I may be calling her from El Dorado airport saying that they're putting me on the next plane back to the U.S. and that she's on her own at the interview! I wonder if the consulate will accept "He came to Colombia for the interview but the DAS wouldn't let him in because we've seen each other too many times this year?":unsure:

Maybe it'll be a good thing if we miss the 9/15 cutoff for the September interview scheduling cycle because of the delivery delay from NVC. A few extra weeks outside of Colombia probably helps the chances that I get in again... that's if it really is an issue after all.

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Timeline

I wouldn't ever think of letting her go to the interview alone either but it's still good to see someone who went solo get approved because you just never know what could prevent it from happening. I've learned to expect the unexpected more than normal throughout this process, whether I like it or not.

In my case, I got a bad vibe a week and a half ago when I entered Colombia - 30 day visa instead of the usual 60 they've always given me and the DAS agent finished reading her address for me (as if to say, "The same place, again? For tourism? Are you really living here or something?") I've just been lucky enough to have been able to make 6 trips since January, 4 of which have been for two-three weeks at a time. It's just good to see that someone got approved solo because I have this fear (probably unfounded) that I may be calling her from El Dorado airport saying that they're putting me on the next plane back to the U.S. and that she's on her own at the interview! I wonder if the consulate will accept "He came to Colombia for the interview but the DAS wouldn't let him in because we've seen each other too many times this year?":unsure:

Maybe it'll be a good thing if we miss the 9/15 cutoff for the September interview scheduling cycle because of the delivery delay from NVC. A few extra weeks outside of Colombia probably helps the chances that I get in again... that's if it really is an issue after all.

Hey Ryna

Man, I really doubt that they'll keep you out.. I guess it really depends on the Immigration Office, but I've defintely seen diferences in one IO or another.. Usually they grump an moan a little, but for the most part, they're happy to let foriegners in.. If all else fails, you can usually get a visa at the airport or they'll send you to the DAS office during your visit...

I wouldn't worry about it though.. It never hurts to be prepared if all else fails though...

Hope you're enjoying your trip.. Did you ever hear back form the Embassy about your paperwork arriving?

Kenny

Timeline

Hey Ryna

Man, I really doubt that they'll keep you out.. I guess it really depends on the Immigration Office, but I've defintely seen diferences in one IO or another.. Usually they grump an moan a little, but for the most part, they're happy to let foriegners in.. If all else fails, you can usually get a visa at the airport or they'll send you to the DAS office during your visit...

I wouldn't worry about it though.. It never hurts to be prepared if all else fails though...

Hope you're enjoying your trip.. Did you ever hear back form the Embassy about your paperwork arriving?

Kenny

Yeah, I don't really think it'll be a problem but, just to be safe, I think I'll DHL any last minute docs she may need instead of my original plan to hand carry them. And, it was more of a weird, eyebrow raised, hmmm, kind of vibe than a bad vibe.

I plan on calling the DoS in D.C. today and/or tomorrow, the consulate again Wed. afternoon, if necessary, and will write again "towards the end of the week" as they advised me to do on Friday if there is no news by then.

And, I am really enjoying my trip (as usual.) I just wish the weekends were longer!

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.