Daniel Brillit

Colombia Club Part II

2,910 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

The lab tests and medical exam need to be scheduled about 2-3 days before the interview. She can get her lab work done early in the morning and get her medical done that same day in the afternoon so that the lab has enough time to send her results to the doctor doing the medical. The reason why it needs to be done 2-3 days before the interview is so that you can have enough time between the two in case something comes up and you need to take care of it before the interview.

The medical exam is valid for 12 months so her daughter can get it done the same day as her mom. BUT keep in mind that she will most likely need to get another medical exam here in the US for her AOS because in order to file for Adjustment of Status each applicant needs a medical exam if the one they got in their country was done more than 12 months earlier. It can only be done by an approved surgeon here in the US and it can cost between $200-$500. Just an FYI.

Diana

My appologies for having a thick skull...

anyone knowledgable regarding this item, please give me some of your thoughts...

On the DS156K, do I correctly understand this...

For my fiancee's daughter...

Item #5 List name, date and place of birth of all unmarried children under 21 years of age.

• Will Accompany You Yes/No
  • Will Follow You Yes/No

"Will Accompany You" If we select No, then "Will Follow You" we select yes, how long does her daughter have to enter the US?

also, we intend for her to do the medical at the same time her mom goes for her medical and Interview...

Will we need to Pay the K2 Visa at the same time as her mom? If not when? Will her daughter be included in the approval for the K1/K2 Visa, or will we need to do additonal items later for her daughter...

Basically, it would be Ideal if we can have her daughter's paperwork/k2 approval all done prior to mom leaving to come to the US, but we need a little more than 6 months before her daughter can travel.. 1 year would be Ideal, but we're trying to avoid doing a seperate visa for her daughter..

Does that make sense to everyone? if not, ask me questions, I'll try to clarify my concerns..

Filed: Timeline

My fiancee brought her DS-156 to Helm Bank in Barranquilla this week. They rejected it the first time because of her answers to #20 ("none" because she is unemployed and not a student) and #21 ("unemployed"). They told her to go home and replace her answers with #21: "homemaker" and #20: "home" and her home address, and return the next day. My fiancee made those changes and was approved at Helm Bank the next day.

Question: My fiancee did NOT bring a DS-156K to Helm along with the DS-156, but I note now the 'K Appointment Package' page 3 of 8 seems to say both the DS-156K as well as the DS-156 must be brought to Helm -- So should my fiancee return to the bank with the DS-156K? We had planned to just bring the DS-156K, completed but unsigned along with us to the interview (August 25). There are just my fiancee and me (USC), no kids.

Also, I thought the DS-230 Part II was required in our case (K-1 Fiancee Visa) and we are planned to bring it completed and unsigned to the interview. The DS-230 Part II is required in out case, correct?

Thank you

(PS we reserved a hotel room at Suitte Turisticas63Inn located at Calle 63 No. 28-62

http://www.hotelbogotainn.com/hoteles/hotel/1/5/Turisticas63.html)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yes, what you're asking makes sense but it cannot be possible. If you want to take care of the child's visa at the same time as her mother, she only has 6 months to use that visa to enter the US. If you need more time, then she can get her lab, medical and pay for the visa now but tell the embassy that she will go at a later time for the interview/visa approval. She will have up to 12 months to do this if you want her to enter the US with a K2 visa.

Here's another option you have that may or may not be something you'd wanna do. Your fiancée can get her visa, enter the US, get married and file for AOS. After you get married you can file for her daughter as her stepfather with the I-130. By the time the I-130 gets to the embassy, your then wife will have her own green card and will be able to fly to Colombia to take care of the medical, lab and interview with her daughter and then fly together to the US. The good thing about this CR2 visa is that the child won't have to file for AOS and her green card will arrive in the mail a few weeks after she arrives. But we're talking about 6-12 months after you get married.

Just an FYI.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline

My fiancee brought her DS-156 to Helm Bank in Barranquilla this week. They rejected it the first time because of her answers to #20 ("none" because she is unemployed and not a student) and #21 ("unemployed"). They told her to go home and replace her answers with #21: "homemaker" and #20: "home" and her home address, and return the next day. My fiancee made those changes and was approved at Helm Bank the next day.

Question: My fiancee did NOT bring a DS-156K to Helm along with the DS-156, but I note now the 'K Appointment Package' page 3 of 8 seems to say both the DS-156K as well as the DS-156 must be brought to Helm -- So should my fiancee return to the bank with the DS-156K? We had planned to just bring the DS-156K, completed but unsigned along with us to the interview (August 25). There are just my fiancee and me (USC), no kids.

Also, I thought the DS-230 Part II was required in our case (K-1 Fiancee Visa) and we are planned to bring it completed and unsigned to the interview. The DS-230 Part II is required in out case, correct?

Thank you

(PS we reserved a hotel room at Suitte Turisticas63Inn located at Calle 63 No. 28-62

http://www.hotelbogotainn.com/hoteles/hotel/1/5/Turisticas63.html)

when my boyfriend went to pay at banco helm he did NOT have to take the DS-156K form they asked for that form (DS-156K) unsigned at the interview.

Timeline

Thanks about the DS-156K. Did you bring Part II of DS-230 to Interview?

you don't need that form for the interview

We can all make a difference. Please recycle

por favor no escribas en mayúsculas sostenidas, eso equivale a GRITAR

crazy-cats.jpg

Timeline

We got a tentative YES, but with a slight technical delay. Officially a 221G, but with assurances that it is only for this one item and the approval will be given as soon as it is corrected. Some of the medical tests had to be redone, and won't be back to the doctor before the weekend. Without the doctor's approved report, they can't officially issue us a final visa approval, but we satisfied every other requirement, and the consular officer at the interview (a very pleasant lady at window #6) assured us that all Vanessa needs to do is come back for a followup appointment on her own, probably next week, to make it official. She has a good friend who lives here in Bogota who she will stay the extra week or so with, and we got her return plane ticket changed for the local equivalent of only about US$9, so all is well. We are already talking wedding plans for the 30th of October as we'd originally planned, and Vanessa is joking about either her dress and/or the wedding cake being orange & black for Halloween, LOL. They were quite happy with everything that we originally submitted and never asked to see any additional papers or photos (though we had thick files of them ready to offer if needed.) The CO didn't even ask to talk to me, but I'm still sure that the fact that I was there at all reinforced her quick (less than 5 minutes) decision. Just waiting now for news from the doctor's office, and a return visit to finish it all up...

VanessaDanA600x450.jpg

10-11-2008 Dan & Vanessa First Meet Online

01-15-2009 Dan's First Visit To Vanessa In Colombia

06-27-2009 We Are Engaged!

07-01-2009 Vanessa Asks Her Long Estranged Panamanian Ex For An Official Divorce

10-12-2009 Panama Approves Vanessa's Divorce But DOESN'T MAIL HER ANY NOTICE!!!

01-15-2010 We FINALLY Obtain A Div Cert From The Footdragging Idiots In Panama

02-25-2010 Our Completed I-129 Application Package Dropped Off With The Lawyer

03-01-2010 Lawyer Finds & Fixes Several Errors & Submits Package to VSC

03-10-2010 NOA-1

03-15-2010 Touched

06-01-2010 NOA-2

06-03-2010 NVC Received & New Case # Issued

06-15-2010 NVC Finally Sent File To Bogota Embassy

06-17-2010 DHL Delivers To Bogota Embassy (and disappears in the mail room for 4 days!)

06-22-2010 E-mailed Completed Packet 3 Forms To Embassy Requesting Interview Date

06-29-2010 DOS Confirms By Phone That We Have An Embassy Interview Date On 12 August!

08-12-2010 Interview Successful But Vanessa Must Return With Missing Paperwork For Final Approval

09-01-2010 Papers Now In Hand BUT Can't Get A New Appointment Until 12 Days After Calling PIN

09-13-2010 Vanessa is APPROVED At Follow-up Interview, Awaiting Visa Delivery In 8 - 10 Business Days

10-03-2010 Planned POE In Fort Lauderdale Florida

10-30-2010 Planned Wedding In Orlando Florida

Click On This Link To See Dan's Video Love Song To Vanessa

Timeline

We got a tentative YES, but with a slight technical delay. Officially a 221G, but with assurances that it is only for this one item and the approval will be given as soon as it is corrected. Some of the medical tests had to be redone,

Hey Guys,,,

Great news, hopefully you can return after your medical appointment and get a quick approval...

Is the issue with the medical personal? can you expand on the issue so we can do our best to ensure we dont run into the same delay?

Once again, very happy that your interview went well... Congratulations...

We got a tentative YES, but with a slight technical delay. Officially a 221G, but with assurances that it is only for this one item and the approval will be given as soon as it is corrected. Some of the medical tests had to be redone, and won't be back to the doctor before the weekend. Without the doctor's approved report, they can't officially issue us a final visa approval, but we satisfied every other requirement, and the consular officer at the interview (a very pleasant lady at window #6) assured us that all Vanessa needs to do is come back for a followup appointment on her own, probably next week, to make it official. She has a good friend who lives here in Bogota who she will stay the extra week or so with, and we got her return plane ticket changed for the local equivalent of only about US$9, so all is well. We are already talking wedding plans for the 30th of October as we'd originally planned, and Vanessa is joking about either her dress and/or the wedding cake being orange & black for Halloween, LOL. They were quite happy with everything that we originally submitted and never asked to see any additional papers or photos (though we had thick files of them ready to offer if needed.) The CO didn't even ask to talk to me, but I'm still sure that the fact that I was there at all reinforced her quick (less than 5 minutes) decision. Just waiting now for news from the doctor's office, and a return visit to finish it all up...

Dan,

This sounds good, and I'm sure your technicality will be cleared up and resolved shortly. Good going!

-Ken

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Timeline

Anyone know, how long does it take to get these 2 documents from DAS...

• REGISTROS DE INMIGRACION
  • CERTIFICADO DEL DAS

My Fiancee lives in Medellin

Is an appointment required? How dificult is to make an appointment?

Once the document is requested, how long does it take to receive it?

I wonder if I can send in the 1-134, DS156, DS156K, DS230 now and start the ball rolling on getting our appointment while we wait on these 2 documents.. We have everything else, including all birth certificates, Police Certificate, passports, my financial docs, Tax Returns and Transcripts, Paystubs, Employment Letter... I really would like to get the appointment scheduled, but we don't know if we're jumping the gun waiting for the DAS Documents..

Thanks again all..

Timeline

congrats hopefully doctor will give you a quick answer. i am going through the same thing now and hope to return to the doctor on sept 20. we have a more serious issue so hopefully vanessa doesnt have anything seriously wrong with her

Timeline

Anyone know, how long does it take to get these 2 documents from DAS...

• REGISTROS DE INMIGRACION
  • CERTIFICADO DEL DAS

My Fiancee lives in Medellin

Is an appointment required? How dificult is to make an appointment?

Once the document is requested, how long does it take to receive it?

I wonder if I can send in the 1-134, DS156, DS156K, DS230 now and start the ball rolling on getting our appointment while we wait on these 2 documents.. We have everything else, including all birth certificates, Police Certificate, passports, my financial docs, Tax Returns and Transcripts, Paystubs, Employment Letter... I really would like to get the appointment scheduled, but we don't know if we're jumping the gun waiting for the DAS Documents..

Thanks again all..

you can send the the file now to the embassy and get the ball rolling. from what i remember you do not have to sent i134 with you but someone can correct me if i am wrong. i think it took sandra less than 2 weeks to get the docoment but i do not remember how long.

Timeline

we have a more serious issue so hopefully vanessa doesnt have anything seriously wrong with her

I hope everything goes well for vanessa.. Let us know how she's doing.. best wishes, Kenny

We got a tentative YES, but with a slight technical delay. Officially a 221G, but with assurances that it is only for this one item and the approval will be given as soon as it is corrected.

Congratulations in advance! Just know that you are going to resolve the outstanding issue. If you make the cake orange and black at least use the real flavor of oranges. jajaja!

7-30-07 - Met in Santa Marta, Colombia

9-19-08 - Engaged

7-13-10 - I-129F sent by USPS Expressmail to VSC;

10-18-10 - NOA2!!!!!!!!!! (Received in hand 10-22-10)

11-12-10 - Sent email to Embassy asking about petition; response "Petition rec'd; send in documents"; sent same day

11-24-10 - Called the Department of State; interview has been scheduled

11-29-10 - Package 3 received by beneficiary

01-19-11 - Interview - VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

01-27-11 - Passport received; visa in hand

02-08-11 - POE - Fort Lauderdale, Fla MISSED FLIGHT; 02-10-11 - POE second time's the charm. Easy POE. Welcome to the USA.

03-04-11 - Married

AOS

05-08-11 - Mailed out I-485, I-765 & I-131;

05-16-11 - Text & email msgs with Receipt Number

05-17-11 - Applied for Expedited AP as Victoria's mother was very ill; 05-18-11 - Picked up AP document

05-20-11 - Victoria returns to Colombia; NOA1 for all 3 forms arrive

06-03-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE 06-07-11 - RFE arrives for 2010 Tax Return

06-08-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; Post Office returned a letter that was sent by USCIS; 06-09-11 - Issue resolved

06-14-11 - RFE response sent; 06-21-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE response under review

06-29-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; Case transferred to CSC

08-30-11 - Victoria returns to US

08-31-11 - Biometrics done; Text message - "EAD Card Production ordered"

09-11 - Case transferred back from CSC

11-22-11 - Interview in Albany Field Office. AOS APPROVED.

Timeline

you can send the the file now to the embassy and get the ball rolling. from what i remember you do not have to sent i134 with you but someone can correct me if i am wrong. i think it took sandra less than 2 weeks to get the docoment but i do not remember how long.

Thanks

We were thinking it would be ok, but didn't want to end up at our appointment without these documents.. Hopefully it's quick...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.