Daniel Brillit

Colombia Club Part II

2,910 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

A question for all of you regarding IRS Debt..

Are IRS Debts of the petitioner questioned if you're in a payment plan with the IRS and currently in good standing except for monthly payment agreement?

I currently am in a Payment Plan with the IRS with a significant balance.. However, I am in good standing with my payment plan and even with my IRS debt (I beleive), am above the poverty line... How is this calculated to determine if your Debt puts you below the poverty line?

What if anything do I need to do to be prepared for this at our interview?

Sadly enought you're correct. If the embassy spent a few more dollars on a delivery service like Servientrega, then most, if not all beneficiaries would receive their packets on time. Unfortunately they don't want to spend the extra money and use the regular unreliable Colombian postal service and many either never receive their packages or receive them after their interview. So instead of wondering whether a packet was sent or if it will delivered on time and to the correct person (yeah it happens), it's best to stay a few steps ahead, download the forms from the embassy and send them to them to get an interview date.

Diana

Thank you Diana. I love Colombia and Colombians, but sometimes you have to see things as they are as opposed to how they could be. I want things to be better. But if everyone believes that a problem does not exist; it will never get remedied.

On a brighter note, just returned from a 1o day trip to Colombia. Returned home to find NOA1. The trip was worth not being here to receive the NOA1.

7-30-07 - Met in Santa Marta, Colombia

9-19-08 - Engaged

7-13-10 - I-129F sent by USPS Expressmail to VSC;

10-18-10 - NOA2!!!!!!!!!! (Received in hand 10-22-10)

11-12-10 - Sent email to Embassy asking about petition; response "Petition rec'd; send in documents"; sent same day

11-24-10 - Called the Department of State; interview has been scheduled

11-29-10 - Package 3 received by beneficiary

01-19-11 - Interview - VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

01-27-11 - Passport received; visa in hand

02-08-11 - POE - Fort Lauderdale, Fla MISSED FLIGHT; 02-10-11 - POE second time's the charm. Easy POE. Welcome to the USA.

03-04-11 - Married

AOS

05-08-11 - Mailed out I-485, I-765 & I-131;

05-16-11 - Text & email msgs with Receipt Number

05-17-11 - Applied for Expedited AP as Victoria's mother was very ill; 05-18-11 - Picked up AP document

05-20-11 - Victoria returns to Colombia; NOA1 for all 3 forms arrive

06-03-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE 06-07-11 - RFE arrives for 2010 Tax Return

06-08-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; Post Office returned a letter that was sent by USCIS; 06-09-11 - Issue resolved

06-14-11 - RFE response sent; 06-21-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE response under review

06-29-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; Case transferred to CSC

08-30-11 - Victoria returns to US

08-31-11 - Biometrics done; Text message - "EAD Card Production ordered"

09-11 - Case transferred back from CSC

11-22-11 - Interview in Albany Field Office. AOS APPROVED.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

A question for all of you regarding IRS Debt..

Are IRS Debts of the petitioner questioned if you're in a payment plan with the IRS and currently in good standing except for monthly payment agreement?

I currently am in a Payment Plan with the IRS with a significant balance.. However, I am in good standing with my payment plan and even with my IRS debt (I beleive), am above the poverty line... How is this calculated to determine if your Debt puts you below the poverty line?

What if anything do I need to do to be prepared for this at our interview?

As long as you make enough and have proof of it by showing copies of your later tax returns you should be fine.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

If my memory is correct, Dan & Vanessa have an interview next week? :yes:

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Timeline

If my memory is correct, Dan & Vanessa have an interview next week? :yes:

Right you are! :thumbs:

We're meeting up in Bogota this Sunday for the whole week, with Lab & Medical on Monday & Interview on Thursday. I'm prepared with a two inch thick accordian file that should contain just about anything they could possibly need to see, and a photo album with at least a couple hundred pictures (on removable pages that I think should fit through the pass through slot ok...) We'll have a netbook along on the trip, so if Martha's wi-fi is working, I'll try to let y'all know how it went as soon as we get back from the embassy. :clock:

VanessaDanA600x450.jpg

10-11-2008 Dan & Vanessa First Meet Online

01-15-2009 Dan's First Visit To Vanessa In Colombia

06-27-2009 We Are Engaged!

07-01-2009 Vanessa Asks Her Long Estranged Panamanian Ex For An Official Divorce

10-12-2009 Panama Approves Vanessa's Divorce But DOESN'T MAIL HER ANY NOTICE!!!

01-15-2010 We FINALLY Obtain A Div Cert From The Footdragging Idiots In Panama

02-25-2010 Our Completed I-129 Application Package Dropped Off With The Lawyer

03-01-2010 Lawyer Finds & Fixes Several Errors & Submits Package to VSC

03-10-2010 NOA-1

03-15-2010 Touched

06-01-2010 NOA-2

06-03-2010 NVC Received & New Case # Issued

06-15-2010 NVC Finally Sent File To Bogota Embassy

06-17-2010 DHL Delivers To Bogota Embassy (and disappears in the mail room for 4 days!)

06-22-2010 E-mailed Completed Packet 3 Forms To Embassy Requesting Interview Date

06-29-2010 DOS Confirms By Phone That We Have An Embassy Interview Date On 12 August!

08-12-2010 Interview Successful But Vanessa Must Return With Missing Paperwork For Final Approval

09-01-2010 Papers Now In Hand BUT Can't Get A New Appointment Until 12 Days After Calling PIN

09-13-2010 Vanessa is APPROVED At Follow-up Interview, Awaiting Visa Delivery In 8 - 10 Business Days

10-03-2010 Planned POE In Fort Lauderdale Florida

10-30-2010 Planned Wedding In Orlando Florida

Click On This Link To See Dan's Video Love Song To Vanessa

We're meeting up in Bogota this Sunday for the whole week, with Lab & Medical on Monday & Interview on Thursday. I'm prepared with a two inch thick accordian file that should contain just about anything they could possibly need to see, and a photo album with at least a couple hundred pictures (on removable pages that I think should fit through the pass through slot ok...) We'll have a netbook along on the trip, so if Martha's wi-fi is working, I'll try to let y'all know how it went as soon as we get back from the embassy. :clock:

Congratulations on your upcoming trip, and I am sure everything will go well. :dance:

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey guys, just here to vent a little this time... My wife and I have been having a lot of problems lately, we've been married almost two years and the situation is getting to a point where neither one of us is very happy. We have talked about it, argued about it, fought about it, nothing seems to help, yesterday she said she wants to leave, and I told her if that's what she wants then there's nothing I can do, I also said that us being apart would probably be better. We have her AOS interview at the end of the month and I just don't know what to do, I married this woman in good faith, in fact, I love her, she is a royal pain in the #### but I love her. Unfortunately, even with all the love I feel for her I just can't continue living with her if she doesn't change some of her ways and give me the respect and consideration I deserve.

I don't want to create any problems for her, so I am inclined to just go to the interview and see if things can be worked out, but I am also a little worried that helping her might end up hurting me in the long run. Anyway, I don't know what to do, I love her but she keeps doing things that clearly prove she is just not in the same page with me when it comes to our relationship. For those of you reading this please pray for us.

Thanks

Wife's AOS

5/13/10 AOS Package sent

5/16/10 Package received

5/20/10 Checks cashed

5/26/10 NOA Received

5/26/10 Cases showing online

6/04/2010 Fingerprints note

6/25/2010 Fingerprints

7/19/2010 Interview letter received

7/21/2010 EAD Production Ordered

7/21/2010 AP application touched

7/27/2010 AP Received

7/31/2010 EAD Received

8/24/2010 Interview Scheduled - Approved, passport stamped

8/24/2010 Card production email

9/04/2010 GC Received!!!

Children's I-130

5/13/10 I-130 Package sent

5/16/10 Package received

5/20/10 Checks cashed

5/24/10 NOA Received

Filed: Timeline

Help with obtaining DS-156 print: My fiancee is attempting to obtain her electronically answered DS-156 with bar code. Each time (after what appears to be the usual multi-hour answer entry troubles), after seeing the satisfactory entries for all questions, that she clicks on the "Continue" button, she gets this message: "an error ocurred on the server when processing the URL. please contact the system administrator."

Has anyone else experience this block? How did you actually solve it? Could it be she's "timing out"? She believe the computer she is using conforms to the instructed minimum requirements.

My fiancee has minimal computer skills and is in Colombia while I'mm still in USA. I have not been able to help her with this problem. Her interview is on August 25.

Thanks

Timeline

Help with obtaining DS-156 print: My fiancee is attempting to obtain her electronically answered DS-156 with bar code. Each time (after what appears to be the usual multi-hour answer entry troubles), after seeing the satisfactory entries for all questions, that she clicks on the "Continue" button, she gets this message: "an error ocurred on the server when processing the URL. please contact the system administrator."

Has anyone else experience this block? How did you actually solve it? Could it be she's "timing out"? She believe the computer she is using conforms to the instructed minimum requirements.

My fiancee has minimal computer skills and is in Colombia while I'mm still in USA. I have not been able to help her with this problem. Her interview is on August 25.

Thanks

not sure why its not working for her but i tried this one https://evisaforms.state.gov/ds156.asp and when i click continue i can print it hope this link works for you. when sandra went to the bank the had the forms there and she can just fill it out there also

Timeline

good luck i am sure everything will be fine

Filed: Timeline

not sure why its not working for her but i tried this one https://evisaforms.state.gov/ds156.asp and when i click continue i can print it hope this link works for you. when sandra went to the bank the had the forms there and she can just fill it out there also

Thank you. I just tried it myself via the State Department link, filling the form with made-up answers and it worked fine for me too. I suspect my fiancee's computer is not really configured/loaded properly for this use. If she can not print it soon, I will obtain the details like passport number and cedula number that I do not already have and complete the DS-156 myself, then save the pdf file and attach it to an email I could send her to then print in Barranquilla. It is nice to have a back-up plan. Thanks for your help.

Now if only she encounters a helpful and knowledgable Helm Bank employee when she submits the 156.

Thanks

Has your Fiance tried different Internet cafes? My wife Leidys had problems on some computers (while in Barranquilla), and had to visit different Internet cafe's.

You should download the forms, fill them out, and send the .pdf files to her, and also scan the full-page documents to her. Could you also fill out the forms for her? Good luck.

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Timeline

Has your Fiance tried different Internet cafes? My wife Leidys had problems on some computers (while in Barranquilla), and had to visit different Internet cafe's.

You should download the forms, fill them out, and send the .pdf files to her, and also scan the full-page documents to her. Could you also fill out the forms for her? Good luck.

Just Curious about something...

I am planning to fill in the DS-156 for my fiancee (with her help to make sure we get all the answers right).. Then I will print it, scan it and email her the forms where she can sign it and fax it to the Embassy.. is there any issues doing it that way?

Kenny

Just Curious about something...

I am planning to fill in the DS-156 for my fiancee (with her help to make sure we get all the answers right).. Then I will print it, scan it and email her the forms where she can sign it and fax it to the Embassy.. is there any issues doing it that way?

Kenny

You could do whats listed above, and sign for her. Email packet 3 info for a faster response. I had difficulties faxing the Embassy, probably because my Fax machine was on the fritz.

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.