MaryandMian

Calling Islamabad Embassy v 3

1,343 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Thanks Transformer for the info. I dont know why Dubai will take one of his suitcases, but my mothers friend's son was coming through kandahar airport, then in Dubai they took one of his luggage, and kept the other one. I hope the same doesnt happen for my fiance. Also, if anyone knows how long they keep people waiting in dubai??

thanks alot for writing backk....

good luck to all

sister,they dont make you wait that long.it depends on the airline.and its all specified on the ticket.tell him to see the ticket closely.

tell me the airline he is coming on and i will try to help

Question about luggage: Is there anything my husband can not have in his bags? Is he allowed to bring edible goods with him? He will be here next week so I need to prepare him for his luggage packing! Also, he will POE JFK and any experience on the time it takes? Any advice at all?

yes:he cannot have gels,sprays in his hand bag but he can put those stuff in luggage.

and obviously illegal stuff.

he can bring some food but not fruits(especially mangoes) because its not desirable and might be disposed off at port of entry(check the airlines website to see what stuff he can bring with himslef).

my relatives didnt have a good time with JFK they hate it.they missed their flights so many times because of extended security checks but i hope nothing goes wrong with your husband.

good luck :thumbs:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Question about luggage: Is there anything my husband can not have in his bags? Is he allowed to bring edible goods with him? He will be here next week so I need to prepare him for his luggage packing! Also, he will POE JFK and any experience on the time it takes? Any advice at all?

Technically,he can't but every one does it .But if they go through his luggage,he will get into issues.I dont know which airport he is leaving from but paki airport's personnal go thru ur luggage if they feel like it so u can get their share(sorry if i m offending anyone,but its true) Most people do it though.I usually dont put any thing in my suitcases just some food items in my carry on.If some one ask,i always say I dont like the food they give in the plane so i m gonna have it when i m hungry and i always got away with it.Also I usually buy it at the stores in the Airport's waiting lounge .I do take tons of chocolates n candies whenever i go back in packed luggage though.

Mar 4,06 I-130 sent ,rcvd Mar 7,06

Oct 24,08 USC, called to Upgrade

Nov 1,08 Citizenship certificate sent

Jan 3,09 Case upgraded.

Jan 6,09 TOUCHED!!!

Feb 13,09 Approved : )

Feb 20,09 Case # assigned

Mar 2,09 bill paid online,DS-3032 emailed

Mar 4,09 NVC recvd fee

Mar 10,09 AOS sent

Mar 30,09 mailed DS-230

Apr 13,09 CASE COMPLETED(per operators)

Apr 20,09 FINAL REVIEW

Apr 21,09 CASE COMPLETED (per AVR)

Apr 23,09 called:INTERVIEW JUNE 24th

Jun 24,09 AP, 1-3 months

Calling DOS begins,here is what I was told

Jul 7,09 No info @ DOS

Jul 10,09 Case sent to DC-pending

Jul 17,09 Pending

Jul 24,09 Pending,you can call every day for update but the day they call him for passport it means something is up so you get to know it before we do

Jul 31,09 Pending AP

Aug 06,09 Call from USEM requesting to submit passport

Aug 07,09 Every thing looks very good,visa issuance is up to the consulate!!!

Aug 07,09 Passport submitted

Aug 07,09 USEM is requesting applicant's passport :)

Aug 17,09-call 1 Visa issued Aug 3rd,EM recvd passport on 10th but still havent returned it

Aug 17,09-call 2 Case pending some kind of processing (URGHHHHHHHHH NOT AGAIN)

Aug 18,09 call to pick up passport,picked up from AMEX

Sep 26,09 REUNION :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I have a question.... alhamdulilah the interview date has been set.. so now we are working on the medical process. When my fiance received the 3.5 packet, the medical form was not included, where can he get the medical form?

First of all dear for getting medical report there is no any kind of form.Your fiancee will have to send the packet 3.5 form filled to USEM islamabad.Then they will let u know when to get medical from their specific physcian.

Good luck :thumbs:

Well the USEM of ISL emailed me on monday telling me the interview date (they scanned the interview letter), I guess we have to wait for him to get the hard copy? He lives in AFghanistan and calculating the amount of days it took for him to receive the 3.5 packet is 10 days. Also with the elections coming up, it gets pretty hectic. I want to know if it is ok for him to call one of the physicians now to make an appointment even if he doesn't have the medical form

I also wanted to know if the medical form is usually included in the 3.5 but I guess it is not. Thank you Sibtain

There is no medical form. you will need your interview letter when you go for the medical.. you said that USEM emailed you a letter, Just print that out and set up an appointment with one of the approved physicians. Follow this Link below for medical exam and how to about getting one done

http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/medical_exam.html

List of Drs and other requirements:

http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/m...july_9_2009.pdf

Edited by Manohar

Timeline

Technically,he can't but every one does it .But if they go through his luggage,he will get into issues.I dont know which airport he is leaving from but paki airport's personnal go thru ur luggage if they feel like it so u can get their share(sorry if i m offending anyone,but its true) Most people do it though.I usually dont put any thing in my suitcases just some food items in my carry on.If some one ask,i always say I dont like the food they give in the plane so i m gonna have it when i m hungry and i always got away with it.Also I usually buy it at the stores in the Airport's waiting lounge .I do take tons of chocolates n candies whenever i go back in packed luggage though.

yea lol

its true

sometimes some people at the airport do this.

Here is another update.

I received call today from USEM islamabad to resubmit my new medical.And i have gotten appointment for new medical

which would be upcoming thursday.

So guys plz note it.It would be helpfull for the rest of the applicants who are in AP.

Interview date: 10 Nov,08

Phone Call USEM (For verifying the bio Data): 15 Dec,08

Filed Investigation: 22 April,09

AP Finished (Notification from USEM): 10 Aug,09

Received Call For Update Medical Report: 13 Aug,09

So my AP was for 9 Months. (God was too long).

Now i m very happy to see shorter APS.

Best of luck Guys :thumbs:

Congrats Sibtain!!!!. Just stopping by to say hello and hoping everybody gets out of AP soon. Havent been on lately, Just an update on our case my husband got his Green Card in hand last week. We are done with immigration for 2 yrs!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Congrats Sibtain!!!!. Just stopping by to say hello and hoping everybody gets out of AP soon. Havent been on lately, Just an update on our case my husband got his Green Card in hand last week. We are done with immigration for 2 yrs!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

WOW! that was fast!

congrats !

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Timeline

not a relevant question but i want to ask about police certificate i have lived my all life in lahore cantt area .from where and how am i suppose to get police certificates .plz reply me coz u guys have been through this. thanks

Timeline
not a relevant question but i want to ask about police certificate i have lived my all life in lahore cantt area .from where and how am i suppose to get police certificates .plz reply me coz u guys have been through this. thanks

go to the police station in your locality.

where do you live in lahore?

ask them what you want they will probably provide it.if not they will guide you where to get it from.for example may be from sadar police station(central police station of the city.)

Dear!

First of all this is too early to get info regarding Police certificate coz you are in ur initial process.So don't get panic abt it.

Second thing is that its very easy to get police certificate.It can be issue only from S.S.P office lahore and which is located at (Govt.College Lahore) kechehry stop.

Thirdly!

Your case would be K1 or K3 not CR-1/IR-1 coz you have mentioned in ur time line that u have sent 129F Forms.Plz reset your (Filed for: )secton with K1 or K3.

Best of luck :thumbs:

Edited by Sibtain

Timeline

Dear!

First of all this is too early to get info regarding Police certificate coz you are in ur initial process.So don't get panic abt it.

Second thing is that its very easy to get police certificate.It can be issue only from S.S.P office lahore and which is located at (Govt.College Lahore) kechehry stop.

Thirdly!

Your case would be K1 or K3 not CR-1/IR-1 coz you have mentioned in ur time line that u have sent 129F Forms.Plz reset your (Filed for: )secton with K1 or K3.

thanks for ur reply to let you know we have filed for i-130 and for k3 too now we have decided we will go for cr1 coz we dont have to deal with uscis again .one thing i want to know that how much time will it take coz my wife wants to go through nvc quickly she is asking me to send docs but i am insisting to send her when we get approval but if this certificate takes long time then i think i should apply for this sooner .

Timeline

Dear!

Thirdly!

thanks for ur reply to let you know we have filed for i-130 and for k3 too now we have decided we will go for cr1 coz we dont have to deal with uscis again .one thing i want to know that how much time will it take coz my wife wants to go through nvc quickly she is asking me to send docs but i am insisting to send her when we get approval but if this certificate takes long time then i think i should apply for this sooner .

and one more thing.

they are valid for only 90 days from the date of issuance.so,make sure you get them only when you need them.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks for the luggage question replies to those who did reply to me. I appreciate the tips. Now, he has to take a shuttle from JFK to La Guardia. Is there any tips on this? How can I be sure he knows what to do? I had no choice but to do his ticket this way as it was complimentary and we could not choose everything. If we could have chosen I would have selected another POE.Anyway, when things are complimentary it is worth some extra bumps here and there. So, anyway please pray he does not get lost. I am worried about him because I hate JFK airport it is too big!

Overall just happy that he is going to be here with me and excited to start our lives together under the same roof. This journey has taken so much out of us!

Good luck to all those waiting!

Edited by ♥ Sweethearts ♥

:-) Hip hip hooray! Alhamdulillah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Visa printed!!!!!!!!!! 08-06-09 after 4 tiring months of AP! Thanks Allah-you are the greatest!

Exactly 4 months after the interview! Amazing! :-)

08/11/09 Passport/Visa in hand! Alhamdulillah! Allah is magnificent!

08/18/2009-Home with the family! :-) Masha'Allah!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.