MaryandMian

Calling Islamabad Embassy v 3

1,343 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey guys, I know this has been discussed here before, but while were kinda talking abt airlines...I'm going to be going to Pakistan when my husband gets his interview...probably in October. I'm looking for which airline to go with? I'm more concerned with comfort and safety rather than price. I'm seeing alots of good deals with Etihad...anyone ever travel with them? Last time I went, I went with Emirates and it was great, but they are pricier than others. Is Quatar better than Etihad? Also, I'm not sure how long I'm going to stay. Were anticipating a very long AP and I would like to stay about 6 months just so we can kill some time together. Would you suggest getting round trip and paying to make changes if I decide to come earlier or just get a one way ticket??? Any advice plz.

Edited by ABENITEZ

USCIS STAGE

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2008-11-11

I-130 Sent : 2008-12-18

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-12-23

I-130 Approved : 2009-04-23

NOA2 Hard Copy: 2009-04-27

NVC STAGE

NVC Received : 2009-5-5

Case # Assigned: 2009-5-6

Received DS-230 / I-864 Bill : e-mail received 2009-5-20

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-6-2

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-07-10

Return Completed DS-230 : 2009-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2009-5-20

Pay IV Bill : 2009-6-2

RFE: 2009-7-22

Returned Missing Docs: 2009-7-27

NVC Resumes Processing: 2009-7-30

Case Completed at NVC :2009-8-7

Embassy Stage

Flight to Pakistan: 2009-9-30

Medical: 2009-10-05

Interview: 2009-10-20

AP Start: 2009-10-20

Back to States alone :'( 2010-2-17

AP Done: 2010-2-23

POE:

b7evpzub78.gif

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Hey guys, I know this has been discussed here before, but while were kinda talking abt airlines...I'm going to be going to Pakistan when my husband gets his interview...probably in October. I'm looking for which airline to go with? I'm more concerned with comfort and safety rather than price. I'm seeing alots of good deals with Etihad...anyone ever travel with them? Last time I went, I went with Emirates and it was great, but they are pricier than others. Is Quatar better than Etihad? Any advice plz.

Hopefully this will be useful... http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/wn-09072401.html

ticker.png

Timeline

Wow thats crazy n scary! Anyways I won't be flying into Peshawar, just into ISB.

USCIS STAGE

NVC STAGE

Embassy Stage

POE:

b7evpzub78.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Yes, i don't think this is true transformer, My whole family has been coming through JFK forever, and doesn't matter which airport you come through you will interrogation. And also my husband doesn't have a beard, and is only 21 years of age, so i don't think he will have many problems. But it is all in ALLAH hands, but i thank you for trying to help. Thanks, also if anyone knows, from which airline should he come through? From karachi or Kandahar?? Which airline will give him the least problems???? PLEASE AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP>>>>>:)

my husband has a beard he is in his 20s ... he didn't have any problem @ JFK ... in fact he said the immi officers were v friendly.

Now my bro-in law almost always get stuck even though he has been a USC since 4ever... cuz he has a common name he has traveled through all the airlines and to many islands and countries he almost always get stuck in security check at every airport.

if u have a common terrorist name you will b stuck at any airport. the system red flags you and u must go through the checks, having a beard or airline doesn't have much impact on security checks.

Qatar airways is a pleasant ride.

your others r clean even if interrogated they will be let go, there is nothing to hide.

good lucks,

So, what do you think is the best place for less scrutiny and strictness to POE? I am just curious because my husband is really scared about this part. Not that he has the visa yet but trying to prepare. We been on AP 4 months now. What is the time now for AP these days? We were told 3 months at the interview but now we've surpassed that level of time. Starting to get worried since some people coming off AP in days, weeks, and less than 4 months. I know it varies case by case but why can't we get any information about where we are in our process of AP? This is crazy and extremely overwhelming for all of us who have to endure it. While I realize 4 months of AP is less than others I have also been married longer than some who have had less AP so, therefore, I feel this has been very lengthy for me. How come the embassy never writes me back when I email them but they write my husband back when he emails them? Also, my lawyer says that the embassy has tried to contact us for more information but as far as I know they never have. He said they will close the case if they do not get the information. If my husband calls will they tell him what information is needed? I am scared if they close our case because I am pregnant and I need my husband here for the birth of our child. Is it true they will close the case if they do not get this inquiry fulfilled? They never even sent us any emails or mail requesting anything. Any advice you can offer is well needed!

~Farah~ :blush::crying:

Edited by ♥ Sweethearts ♥

:-) Hip hip hooray! Alhamdulillah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Visa printed!!!!!!!!!! 08-06-09 after 4 tiring months of AP! Thanks Allah-you are the greatest!

Exactly 4 months after the interview! Amazing! :-)

08/11/09 Passport/Visa in hand! Alhamdulillah! Allah is magnificent!

08/18/2009-Home with the family! :-) Masha'Allah!

Timeline
Yes, i don't think this is true transformer, My whole family has been coming through JFK forever, and doesn't matter which airport you come through you will interrogation. And also my husband doesn't have a beard, and is only 21 years of age, so i don't think he will have many problems. But it is all in ALLAH hands, but i thank you for trying to help. Thanks, also if anyone knows, from which airline should he come through? From karachi or Kandahar?? Which airline will give him the least problems???? PLEASE AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP>>>>>:)

my husband has a beard he is in his 20s ... he didn't have any problem @ JFK ... in fact he said the immi officers were v friendly.

Now my bro-in law almost always get stuck even though he has been a USC since 4ever... cuz he has a common name he has traveled through all the airlines and to many islands and countries he almost always get stuck in security check at every airport.

if u have a common terrorist name you will b stuck at any airport. the system red flags you and u must go through the checks, having a beard or airline doesn't have much impact on security checks.

your others r clean even if interrogated they will be let go, there is nothing to hide.

good lucks,

So, what do you think is the best place for less scrutiny and strictness to POE? I am just curious because my husband is really scared about this part. Not that he has the visa yet but trying to prepare. We been on AP 4 months now. What is the time now for AP these days? We were told 3 months at the interview but now we've surpassed that level of time. Starting to get worried since some people coming off AP in days, weeks, and less than 4 months. I know it varies case by case but why can't we get any information about where we are in our process of AP? This is crazy and extremely overwhelming for all of us who have to endure it. While I realize 4 months of AP is less than others I have also been married longer than some who have had less AP so, therefore, I feel this has been very lengthy for me. How come the embassy never writes me back when I email them but they write my husband back when he emails them? Also, my lawyer says that the embassy has tried to contact us for more information but as far as I know they never have. He said they will close the case if they do not get the information. If my husband calls will they tell him what information is needed? I am scared if they close our case because I am pregnant and I need my husband here for the birth of our child. Is it true they will close the case if they do not get this inquiry fulfilled? They never even sent us any emails or mail requesting anything. Any advice you can offer is well needed!

I would have your hubby call the embassy ASAP. If they need info, of course they will tell him when he calls. Sometimes they ask for a new medical or updated police certificates or something right before they issue the visa. Just have him call and find out whats going on...

USCIS STAGE

NVC STAGE

Embassy Stage

POE:

b7evpzub78.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Thanks revived, but the thing is with my Fiance is that he cannot come through Pakistan Airlines, because he does not have a Pakistan visa and they will issue him a pakistan visa for $800.00. That is a lot of money plus the airline ticket is 1100.00 for Kam air. So my family is suggesting him to come through Kabul but my bro-in-law is saying that he will make a stop in Dubai and that they will give a lot of problems there. I hope someone will give me some advice, for this is the last phase that I am going through. I am praying for everyone so please PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY PROBLEMS??!!

I THANK EVERYONE AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Farah, they dont reply to your emails because they can only reply back to the applicant who is your husband.

They do reply to petitioners! they replied to mine when were in AP only if your case is done. They r not obligated to respond to AP inquires. it use to be that one must wait 10mons .. i dunno whats the deal now!

Pregnancy or any other reason will not excuse an applicant from security clearance. 4 mons is nothing try waiting for 16/17 mons w/out a clue =) but u know there will b day when ISL will call for visa. Fortunately ISL has been processing AP at a much faster speed now days.

I traveled via etihaad it was cheap but such an uncomfortable ride.. plus i lost my luggage too.. my fiance said Qatar was pleasant. PIA is not bad!

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

good lucks,

I would have your hubby call the embassy ASAP. If they need info, of course they will tell him when he calls. Sometimes they ask for a new medical or updated police certificates or something right before they issue the visa. Just have him call and find out whats going on...

Medical expires in a yr and police cert some in 3mons others 6mons. So if expired they request you to re-submit these otherwise you need to submit your passport. At times they want the applicant's updated bio info.

if ISL needs anything they will contact themselves via phone (in most instances)

as for 3 mons thats the standard line.. we were told 6 weeks.. no1 knows how many months/days.... if u call them and say 3 mons they will only tell u oh wait more it's not done yet !

Edited by Revived

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Timeline

I believe they just give an estimated quotation....

If they find a red flag or something on your name/fingerprints/case/file then the AP is extended longer than estimated.

Nothing to worry just have to learn to be patient.

.png

Timeline

If they find a red flag or something on your name/fingerprints/case/file then the AP is extended longer than estimated.

.png

Timeline

.png

Timeline

.png

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hey guys, I know this has been discussed here before, but while were kinda talking abt airlines...I'm going to be going to Pakistan when my husband gets his interview...probably in October. I'm looking for which airline to go with? I'm more concerned with comfort and safety rather than price. I'm seeing alots of good deals with Etihad...anyone ever travel with them? Last time I went, I went with Emirates and it was great, but they are pricier than others. Is Quatar better than Etihad? Also, I'm not sure how long I'm going to stay. Were anticipating a very long AP and I would like to stay about 6 months just so we can kill some time together. Would you suggest getting round trip and paying to make changes if I decide to come earlier or just get a one way ticket??? Any advice plz.

qatar was awesome.

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Well yes i meant leaving from karachi. sorry, lol. Umm he has not bought a ticket yet, because he has to renew his pakistan visa, and i was also wondering how far along they will issue him a ticket, i hope a week or two before ramadan... But honestly I dont care when he comes as long as he arrives here in ny safe and sound. I thank you all for your help. YOU ARE ALL IN MY DAILY PRAYERS. THIS IS A GOOD MONTH, SO HAVE SOME FAITH AND YOUR PRAYERS WILL BE HEARD. AMEEN.

a piece of advice:

if you want to save your hubby from strict security checks and interrogation/investigation(that might happen at the POE and can last for hours), mean behaviour of the immigration officers at the POE.DO NOT enter through JFK.JFK is the worst place to enter.everyone suggests not to enter america through JFK.my uncle who has been US citizen for 20 years had a tough time at JFK and another uncle who has a beard got stuck for 6 hours being interrogated.since you are from new york if you have another choice i will suggest you a different port of entry but if you dont have another choice(since he is probably coming from PIA and it lands only in JFK) then get ready for a tough time.sorry to disappoint you but its true in general after 9/11.but dont be scared everything will be fine. :thumbs: but be prepared and get all your documents.

this is completly FALSE! my fiance landed at JFK after SIXTEEN months of AP (security checks) and his immigration was about 10mins or less. and he has a V V common name. this is back in April of this year. If you are coming as an immigrant i m sure they do the checks before giving you the visa. It is different if you r a PR or USC.

I recommend you come on week days.

check the words again.

i said for most pakistani it happens you can make a post regarding landing at JFK and note the responses of pakistanis and afghanis.i just shared my relatives's experience.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.