MaryandMian

Calling Islamabad Embassy v 3

1,343 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I am done filling up all the paper work. faisalshirin I just saved the parents form and going to fill it up on adobe. I can't fill and print out ds-156 yet cause the Pakistan passport agency is so pathetic. she was told she will get her passport on the 4th of this month. she called them to see what is going with it and they said it's going to take another week or so. LAME.

I got the I-134 notarized from Fedex kinkos. They charged me $10 for it. Not bad compare to my tax preparer who asked me for $40. lolz.

My printer is acting up and did not print out the logo on forms. Is that going to be any problem?

That sux. Tell your fiance to keep bugging them and stay on thr tails until she gets her passport. And yes print out the form with logo.. Yaar we all are dealing with Pak embassy. Btw, now you can do your tax online...Why pay somebody to do your taxes?

hey hey now now! i m a CPA!!! we dun charge as much=P how am i gonna earn my salary=P

y did u pay $10 when u culd've done it for FREE from ur bank! well now it's done!

lucks guys,

u a bit too late. Give me more advice in future to save me money. lolz. Thanx for telling though.

I dont mind I am going to get 75% off for shipping my package to Pakistan anyway.

LoveU.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I got mine today as I said in previous post. someone did say u can get it done for free from your bank? I think u should get it notarized. It's better than getting ur papers sent back, saying NOT NOTARIZED. That will be an extra 10-15 days delay on ur case.

LoveU.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I got mine today as I said in previous post. someone did say u can get it done for free from your bank? I think u should get it notarized. It's better than getting ur papers sent back, saying NOT NOTARIZED. That will be an extra 10-15 days delay on ur case.

tru tru... never know what objection they might have...

and i think the acct was prolly thinking he had to fill out the i134 thatz y he asked for $40.. otherwise he can't ask that much for nortary!

who is getting 6K back:P:P let me call IRS on u guy:P

well money doesn't matter here! as long as our so called gets here !=)

duas n lucks for ya all,

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Timeline
well money doesn't matter here! as long as our so called gets here

Damn rite. The only thing I regret was having to spent a ton of money on attorney. He didn't do ######. Why didn't I find this site/forum earlier? :crying: My advice is never to waste your money and time on attorney. I'll do AOS stuff myself now! :blush:

Revived sis have you heard anything for Embassy yet? God how r u coping with all this ######? You are in my prayers. Hope you hear something from DOS or USEM soon. It would be one thing if you know what is going on and why ur man is stuck in this AP hell but not knowing & not having any control is the toughest part. Hang in thr, your time will come! :thumbs:

b4byd09 I am Sindhi & from karachi.

No western has ever come close to this one....and no western ever will.

once-upon-a-time-in-the-west2.jpg

ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST

Timeline

Damn rite. The only thing I regret was having to spent a ton of money on attorney. He didn't do ######. Why didn't I find this site/forum earlier? :crying: My advice is never to waste your money and time on attorney. I'll do AOS stuff myself now! :blush:

Revived sis have you heard anything for Embassy yet? God how r u coping with all this ######? You are in my prayers. Hope you hear something from DOS or USEM soon. It would be one thing if you know what is going on and why ur man is stuck in this AP hell but not knowing & not having any control is the toughest part. Hang in thr, your time will come! :thumbs:

well i must agree w/ur lawyer opnion... we literally paid thousands of $s for nuthin' but few papers... plus they made so many errors! totally not worth it.. well now it's done so cant do anythin' about it!

well we will started our 15mon of AP=) keep on makin' dua 4 us=)

fyi m orginally from khi as well..

when u both gettin married? uff u guys must b so excited=P i m envious=)) j/k

caios,

Edited by Revived

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Timeline
when u both gettin married?

In May. Me nd her r going thru some problems(Long distance relationship & family problems etc) rite now. We will sort it out & every thing will b back to normal once she gets here. But we do fight alot on phone lolz :help: I donnu what will happen once we get married :lol::bonk:

I am from garden area in Karachi....You??

Filed: Timeline

In May. Me nd her r going thru some problems(Long distance relationship & family problems etc) rite now. We will sort it out & every thing will b back to normal once she gets here. But we do fight alot on phone lolz :help: I donnu what will happen once we get married :lol::bonk:

My wife asked that question outside of this thread just in case she did not get a timely response. Anyway, the question is they are requesting everything upfront that others said we did not need until the interview. So, they need everything right now? Even I-134 and all supporting evidence including photos?

Timeline

I don't live in pakistan, but I will answer what I know from my fiance. He lives in a small town like that. He has gotten mail from the embassy easily. Mail from me arrives if I mail a package, but letters from here are almost never delivered to him.

Question to those living in Pakistan

Is it common in the villages not to have street names and number addresses? My fiance moved back to his village in November cuz his job wanted him to resign due to the fact he couldnt commit to a full year of service cuz he was honest with them and told them didnt know when he would be receiving his visa. Anyways I am concerned about this address in the village cuz it really isnt an address no street number , just the city and the post office where he is located . Is this common and im worried how this may effect our AP. He says its a everybody knows every body so the postman knows where it is and how to find him by his fathers name :huh: . Im concerned cuz that is not how it is in the United States everybody has a address or a P.O. Box . Anyways i gave this info to the embassy about a month ago. Is the embassy aware of these villages not having IMOP a real address? Is this common? Please enlighten me :help:

Timeline
My wife asked that question outside of this thread just in case she did not get a timely response. Anyway, the question is they are requesting everything upfront that others said we did not need until the interview. So, they need everything right now? Even I-134 and all supporting evidence including photos?

Koi baat nahi...Yes u r required to send I-134 & all the supporting documents like Bank letter, Employment verification letter, paystubs & last three years tax returns to Embassy. As for pics, what we did was we sent some like 2 or 3 pics to Embassy and she took the rest(the whole engagement album) with her to interview.

Edited by FaisalShirin4eva

Timeline

We didn't pay a lawyer, did all the paperwork myself. I am wondering now it that is a problem. In march it will be 2 years ago we filed. Nothing will work. Someone has said maybe we should get a lawyer now, because nothing else has helped. But I have talked to some by email and they say there is nothing they can do. I really don't know what to do now. Waiting is too hard :crying:

well i must agree w/ur lawyer opnion... we literally paid thousands of $s for nuthin' but few papers... plus they made so many errors! totally not worth it.. well now it's done so cant do anythin' about it!

well we will started our 15mon of AP=) keep on makin' dua 4 us=)

fyi m orginally from khi as well..

when u both gettin married? uff u guys must b so excited=P i m envious=)) j/k

caios,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
MaryandMiyan I wrote an email to Embassy, they told me she might receive visa within 3 weeks. Does it really take that long? Good lord I thot I was done with Embassy Hell but now I have to wait more blush.gif

That is probably correct about 3 weeks. Right now I have two others waiting over 2 weeks for visa returns from another forum. Hang in there and hopefully it will not take that long.

Edited by MaryandMian

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

sorry off the topic=)

hey have u heard that song by brandy "long distance" do listen 2 it!

----

may Allah presever ur relationship ... i'A all will get better .. i think this finace visa journey is not easy cuz u r not married and our culture is so that not only the couple is involved but the entire family inteference is expected! i'A all will get better... and mohabat will win:P:P

duas 4 you both n u better do likewise bro i need a tonsssssssssssss:P

Koi baat nahi...Yes u r required to send I-134 & all the supporting documents like Bank letter, Employment verification letter, paystubs & last three years tax returns to Embassy. As for pics, what we did was we sent some like 2 or 3 pics to Embassy and she took the rest(the whole engagement album) with her to interview.

We did same! though not required to send the pics and on goin relationship proof pre interview but we did anyways... and he took more w/him

Filed: Timeline

sorry off the topic=)

hey have u heard that song by brandy "long distance" do listen 2 it!

----

may Allah presever ur relationship ... i'A all will get better .. i think this finace visa journey is not easy cuz u r not married and our culture is so that not only the couple is involved but the entire family inteference is expected! i'A all will get better... and mohabat will win:P:P

duas 4 you both n u better do likewise bro i need a tonsssssssssssss:P

We did same! though not required to send the pics and on goin relationship proof pre interview but we did anyways... and he took more w/him

Can a disabled person drawing disibility co-sponsor? They have a house worth $189,000 and their spouse makes over 125% over the poverty level but the spouse will not co-sponsor. Can she do it if they file taxes jointly?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.