MaryandMian

Calling Islamabad Embassy v 3

1,343 posts in this topic

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i always use usps priorty my husband lives in karachi and i sent him a parcel few months ago it was weigh 9 lbs cost me 76 bucks he got the parcel in 12 days.i am going to karachi on may 16

Thanks afia! Another lucky one going to Karachi!!! Have fun and stay safe :) I guess I will decide between FedEx and USPS depending on the pricing.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
i always use usps priorty my husband lives in karachi and i sent him a parcel few months ago it was weigh 9 lbs cost me 76 bucks he got the parcel in 12 days.i am going to karachi on may 16

Thanks afia! Another lucky one going to Karachi!!! Have fun and stay safe :) I guess I will decide between FedEx and USPS depending on the pricing.

I have also always used USPS in the past and never ran into any problems. nice thing about using FedEx though is that you can track your package all the way until it is delivered in karachi. USPS will only allow tracking until it leaves the US. I just got back from karachi 2 weeks ago with my fiancee...my second trip there and both times were in mid to late april. temps topping at 115 degrees fahrenheit. when i go back next time to visit my fiancee's family it will definately be in november or december. :thumbs:

USPS IS THE BEST. :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

USPS IS THE BEST. :thumbs:

I've always used DHL, never had a prob. prices were reasonable

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hi all!

Congratulations to everyone who just got their visas!!!! and best of luck to all those still waiting!!!

Plesae answer these two questions, I will be very thankful!!!

1) Does Police Certificate from Pakistan has to be attested from Ministry of Forigen Affairs in Islamabad before it is submitted to NVC??

2) After NVC completes the processing and gives a date for interview for CR1 Visa, will my wife still get something from the embassy??

(Islamabad embassy is a Appointment Post now and NVC gives an interview date, so my assumption is that after NVC gives a date for interview and mails/emails interview letter, Islmbad embassy won't sent anything to my wife, but plesae correct me if I am wrong!!!!)

hi all!

Congratulations to everyone who just got their visas!!!! and best of luck to all those still waiting!!!

Plesae answer these two questions, I will be very thankful!!!

1) Does Police Certificate from Pakistan has to be attested from Ministry of Forigen Affairs in Islamabad before it is submitted to NVC??

2) After NVC completes the processing and gives a date for interview for CR1 Visa, will my wife still get something from the embassy??

(Islamabad embassy is a Appointment Post now and NVC gives an interview date, so my assumption is that after NVC gives a date for interview and mails/emails interview letter, Islmbad embassy won't sent anything to my wife, but plesae correct me if I am wrong!!!!)

Dear!

No need to get Foriegn Affair attestation.

Islamabad USEM won't send any thing.(As per my knowldge goes..)

Best of luck :thumbs:

Timeline

Yeah Sibtain is right.....no need for attestation and ISL does not send any thing

Mar 4,06 I-130 sent ,rcvd Mar 7,06

Oct 24,08 USC, called to Upgrade

Nov 1,08 Citizenship certificate sent

Jan 3,09 Case upgraded.

Jan 6,09 TOUCHED!!!

Feb 13,09 Approved : )

Feb 20,09 Case # assigned

Mar 2,09 bill paid online,DS-3032 emailed

Mar 4,09 NVC recvd fee

Mar 10,09 AOS sent

Mar 30,09 mailed DS-230

Apr 13,09 CASE COMPLETED(per operators)

Apr 20,09 FINAL REVIEW

Apr 21,09 CASE COMPLETED (per AVR)

Apr 23,09 called:INTERVIEW JUNE 24th

Jun 24,09 AP, 1-3 months

Calling DOS begins,here is what I was told

Jul 7,09 No info @ DOS

Jul 10,09 Case sent to DC-pending

Jul 17,09 Pending

Jul 24,09 Pending,you can call every day for update but the day they call him for passport it means something is up so you get to know it before we do

Jul 31,09 Pending AP

Aug 06,09 Call from USEM requesting to submit passport

Aug 07,09 Every thing looks very good,visa issuance is up to the consulate!!!

Aug 07,09 Passport submitted

Aug 07,09 USEM is requesting applicant's passport :)

Aug 17,09-call 1 Visa issued Aug 3rd,EM recvd passport on 10th but still havent returned it

Aug 17,09-call 2 Case pending some kind of processing (URGHHHHHHHHH NOT AGAIN)

Aug 18,09 call to pick up passport,picked up from AMEX

Sep 26,09 REUNION :)

Timeline

AOA brothers and sisters!! hope all is progressing well, Im back from Pakiland after 2 months.wow now backto work.

Allah hafiz

Cindi fatima shah

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Timeline

Salam guys......

I just have a couple of questions for my hubby's interview

About How many pictures I should tell him to print.Does it has to be couple's pictures strictly or with whole families too?

Do they ask for proof of communication like chat,email,phone records?My husband doesnt want to print the any email or chat conversations as according to him,its our personal conversation.Do they reallly ask for it if so how do I convince him?Also how to get phone records from cellular phone companies in pak ,as I guess they dont send any bills ,it is just prepaid service.

Thanks a lot for ur help

Mar 4,06 I-130 sent ,rcvd Mar 7,06

Oct 24,08 USC, called to Upgrade

Nov 1,08 Citizenship certificate sent

Jan 3,09 Case upgraded.

Jan 6,09 TOUCHED!!!

Feb 13,09 Approved : )

Feb 20,09 Case # assigned

Mar 2,09 bill paid online,DS-3032 emailed

Mar 4,09 NVC recvd fee

Mar 10,09 AOS sent

Mar 30,09 mailed DS-230

Apr 13,09 CASE COMPLETED(per operators)

Apr 20,09 FINAL REVIEW

Apr 21,09 CASE COMPLETED (per AVR)

Apr 23,09 called:INTERVIEW JUNE 24th

Jun 24,09 AP, 1-3 months

Calling DOS begins,here is what I was told

Jul 7,09 No info @ DOS

Jul 10,09 Case sent to DC-pending

Jul 17,09 Pending

Jul 24,09 Pending,you can call every day for update but the day they call him for passport it means something is up so you get to know it before we do

Jul 31,09 Pending AP

Aug 06,09 Call from USEM requesting to submit passport

Aug 07,09 Every thing looks very good,visa issuance is up to the consulate!!!

Aug 07,09 Passport submitted

Aug 07,09 USEM is requesting applicant's passport :)

Aug 17,09-call 1 Visa issued Aug 3rd,EM recvd passport on 10th but still havent returned it

Aug 17,09-call 2 Case pending some kind of processing (URGHHHHHHHHH NOT AGAIN)

Aug 18,09 call to pick up passport,picked up from AMEX

Sep 26,09 REUNION :)

Timeline
Salam guys......

About How many pictures I should tell him to print.Does it has to be couple's pictures strictly or with whole families too?

Do they ask for proof of communication like chat,email,phone records?My husband doesnt want to print the any email or chat conversations as according to him,its our personal conversation.Do they reallly ask for it if so how do I convince him?Also how to get phone records from cellular phone companies in pak ,as I guess they dont send any bills ,it is just prepaid service.

Thanks a lot for ur help

Nothing is personal here since you have to prove 2 some1 that you both are married! you must forget your 'privacy' rights here!

You may take a small album with wedding pictures (group pics including) and other pictures. More the better.

Though he might not be asked for any other proofs but I must recommend that he takes along

-phone bills ; phone cards are not accepted. if he calls from cell his cell # must appear on your bill, send him your bills

-emails

-postal letters

-cards sent via postal service

-gifts receipts

it is better to take as many secondary proofs as possible though pics and marriage cert are primary.

good lucks

Edited by Revived

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Salam guys......

Thanks a lot for ur help

Nothing is personal here since you have to prove 2 some1 that you both are married! you must forget your 'privacy' rights here!

You may take a small album with wedding pictures (group pics including) and other pictures. More the better.

Though he might not be asked for any other proofs but I must recommend that he takes along

-phone bills ; phone cards are not accepted. if he calls from cell his cell # must appear on your bill, send him your bills

-emails

-postal letters

-cards sent via postal service

-gifts receipts

it is better to take as many secondary proofs as possible though pics and marriage cert are primary.

good lucks

atk_721 sister!

I do agree with Revived sister.

Timeline

Uh Pakistani marrying another Pakistani not a real problem. USCIS knows well how y ou roll with arranged marriages. No need to show embassy whole pic albums etc. make process go squick and easy, so others can get through. lolz wow some OCD lil pakistani fellows up in here these days.

I showed my fiancee in a towel with me, Korea ol whats her name the dept head @ Islammabad was not impressed. too much proof of relations.

PS. guys with wives, less likely to be threat to society. so stamp those wife visas!!!

DEC 2004 Approved

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Timeline

Who hooo I got a ten yr multiple entry visa for Pakistan!!! i can only stay for a yr @ a time though.

DEC 2004 Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.