tprak714

online relationship vs. having met in person

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

You have to have met in person within the last two years. If not, you will most likely wait only to have your petition returned to you with a denial minus the fee.

For the second question by another poster....firstly, please start a new thread with a new question. It's more likely to help others surfing for the same answer. ;) .... If this Russian girl somehow obtains a visitors visa (which I dont see) and comes to the U.S. with the intention of immigrating she is committing visa fraud. This is punishable by a lifetime ban to the U.S.

And just for the record.. the K-1 is a non-immigrant visa with immigrant intentions.

timeline.jpg

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline
We've been romancing for only about 8 months online and we haven't even met each other yet, in person. I want to go ahead and file the I-129F without proof of having met in person. I want to bring her from Cambodia to marry in the states. Should I start the application now? Any thought would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You haven't met each other in person within the last two years? don't even think about filing I-129F until you've met your fiance(e) in person and have evidence to back that. Good Luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

It WILL be REJECTED.

I-129F:

5. What Documents Do You Need to Prove That You Can Legally Marry?

A. Provide copies of evidence that you and your fiancé(e) have personally met within the last two years; or if you have never met within the last two years, provide a detailed explanation and evidence of the extreme hardship or customary, cultural or social practices that have prohibited your meeting; and

B. Provide original statements from you and your fiancé(e) whom you plan to marry within 90 days of his or her admission, and copies of any evidence you wish to submit to establish your mutual intent; and

C. If either of you is of an age that requires special consent or permission for you to marry in the jurisdiction where your marriage will occur, give proof of that consent or permission; and

D. If either you or your fiancé(e) were married before, give copies of documents showing that each prior marriage was legally terminated.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Even IF USCIS some how accepts a reason for not meeting, the consulate can deny the visa on the grounds of "Non-Bona fide" Relationship, having NOT meet in person.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Please think carefully, as many have said before me you can not file the petition without having met

I met my fiance online as well, however people are different when you meet in person, the chemistry might not be right even with the best intentions.

I strongly advise to meet to make sure that you get on in person just to see if it is right for both of you regardless of filing the petition

I was lucky and it worked out beyond my expectations, however I have met people as friends online but in person they were not who I thought

Just take care the rules are there for a very good reason

Many russian girls are coming to USA with a visitor visa.....some of them are given tourist visa...some of them not.....it depends of each case. If she has strong proves and ties to Russia she will have no problem with getting the visa.

One advise would be to not tell at the embassy that she is coming to meet her online boyfriend....better to say that the purpose of the visit is to see some friends.

About getting marry in the States and adjusting status from a tourist visa....i would say that is very risky, cause they can get denied any time being considered a fraudulent case.

My advise would be to not take the risk.....and go in visit first....and maybe go ahead later with a fiancee visa.

Any decision they will take.....wish them good luck...

ROC

01/13/2012 - package delivered at CSC

01/17/2012 - check cashed

--/--/---- - NOA1

01/25/2012 - Bio Letter received (dated 01/20)

02/03/2012 - Biometrics Appointment done

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Trust me, it's in your best interest to just listen to the people here. Without meeting, it will be denied because meeting within 2 years of filing the petition is a requirement. Good luck in everything you do, however. :)

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Please think carefully, as many have said before me you can not file the petition without having met

I met my fiance online as well, however people are different when you meet in person, the chemistry might not be right even with the best intentions.

I strongly advise to meet to make sure that you get on in person just to see if it is right for both of you regardless of filing the petition

I was lucky and it worked out beyond my expectations, however I have met people as friends online but in person they were not who I thought

Just take care the rules are there for a very good reason

:thumbs:

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.