anka

Interview: Success!!!

25 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

My fiance, Vasya, was APPROVED for a K1 visa on January 21! I must say that hearing the good news was the best birthday present ever! :dancing::wub::dancing:

For anyone, interested Vasya said that the only painful thing about his whole interview experience in Moscow was having to wait outside the embassy in the freeezing cold! Other than that, he said it was total breeze! The officer asked him just 2 simple questions: "How did you two meet?" and "How is Anna's [me] Russian?" To the second question Vasya replied, "Her Russian's quite good but sometimes it can be a little difficult for her." He said that the officer laughed and joked: "Well, it can be a little difficult for me too... except all the time!"

Other than glancing over the financial documents and other required paperwork, that was all! He didn't even want to see any of the pictures, emails, notes, cards and other lovey-dovey junk that we'd both spent hours putting together and organizing! :rolleyes:

By the way, he completed his whole medical exam on January 19 - despite my worries about it being only 2 days before the interview - and said that it was simple as well. So... knocking out both the medical and the interview in one trip is definitely doable, especially if short on time (and cash).

Edited by anka

As of:

June 26, 2012 - The Hubbs received his 10-year Permanent Residency Card (aka THE Greencard) in the mail today!

At long last, this highly stressful leg of our journey has come to a close - for now - and we couldn't be more grateful and appreciative for all the tremendous help and support here on VJ! Without VisaJourney I doubt we would be where my husband and I are today! Thanks to all!

wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

<333

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

congrats!!! :dancing:

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Congrats!!!

June 2002 we met at a mutual friend's birthday party

August 2003 we started dating

August 2006 engaged

July 20, 2008 ZAGS wedding in Moscow

May 18, 2008 church wedding in NY

June 16, 2008 we returned to Moscow for one last year

December 1, 2008 filed the I-130 through DCF at the Embassy in Moscow!

January 13, 2009 called the consulate and found out that I-130 was approved on December 22!! But still waiting for the letter in the mail

January 20, 2009 received an e-mail from the consulate that the interview is scheduled for Feb. 20th at 8AM!

January 24, 2009 received packets 3 & 4 and confirmation letter in the mail!

February 12, 2009 medical passed!

February 20, 2009 interview scheduled, but had to reschedule due to a wounded finger

March 6, 2009 new interview date---passed!!!

March 12, 2009 visa received

August 9, 2009 he arrived! (through JFK) Received IR-1 and now we're done for another three years!

August 31, 2009 permanent green card arrived

July 16, 2012 sent in N-400 for U.S. citizenship

July 23, 2012 NOA

August 10, 2012 biometrics appt.

October 5, 2012 citizenship interview (approved!)

December 7, 2012 oath ceremony. We're done!

:thumbs: Congrats!!

K-1 TIMELINE

I-129F Sent :2007-09-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-09-10

I-129F RFE(s) :2007-09-30

Visa Approved :2008-01-07

Consulate Received : 2008-01-14

Interview Date : 2008-06-02

Visa Received : 2008-06-12

US Entry : 2008-06-26

Marriage : 2008-08-02

Total days from filling 1-129F till Interview 270days

AOS TIMELINE

Sept 12, 2008- Sent AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago (finally)

Sept 15, 2008- Delivered

Sept 18, 2008- Noas AOS/EAD/AP (yaay!!)

Oct 7th 2008- Case transferred to CSC

Oct 15, 2008- Biometric APPT (smooth and quick)

Oct 16, 2008- Case pending ......

Update....

EAD Card production ordered ........ 12/03/2008

Ap approved...approval notice sent 12/03/2008

Ap arrives in mail... dated ..............12/12/2008

EAD approval mail sent ..................12/11/2008

EAD arrives in mail ........................12/15/2008

AOS Touched .................................01/12/2009

AOS card production ordered...........02/27/2009

ROC TIMELINE 2011.

Jan 1st 2011 mailed in I751

Feb 15th 2011 Biometric appointment

May 24th 2011 Petition Approved

May 25th 2011 Card production ordered

May 31st 2011 Card recieved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

This is great news! Congratulations! Yulia has her interview in 7 weeks and wants to do the medical interview and embassy interview on the same trip to Moscow. Her interview in on a Tuesday and she will probably want to do the medical on Monday. Hearing this from you makes me feel better about her decision to wait until the last minute.

Congrats, and good luck on the rest of your Visa Journey!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

congratulations!! :star:

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

FANTASTIC NEWS and congratulations to you both!!!!

Thank you! :star::star::star:

Yipeeeee!

Totally! Yippy-yi-yay! :star:

As of:

June 26, 2012 - The Hubbs received his 10-year Permanent Residency Card (aka THE Greencard) in the mail today!

At long last, this highly stressful leg of our journey has come to a close - for now - and we couldn't be more grateful and appreciative for all the tremendous help and support here on VJ! Without VisaJourney I doubt we would be where my husband and I are today! Thanks to all!

wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

<333

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.