maisflocon

Petition for wife I-130 - original birth cert needed?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

I am almost done preparing for my wife's I-130. However, she didn't think she ever had an original birth certificate like most of us do. All I have now is a notarial birth certificate (in China, they call it 公证书 gong zheng shu), is that acceptable or will that cause a delay down the road?

Also, do I need to mail a photocopy of in her passport pages?

Thanks all!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi all,

I am almost done preparing for my wife's I-130. However, she didn't think she ever had an original birth certificate like most of us do. All I have now is a notarial birth certificate (in China, they call it 公证书 gong zheng shu), is that acceptable or will that cause a delay down the road?

Also, do I need to mail a photocopy of in her passport pages?

Thanks all!

That will do. Send a photocopy of all pages of the booklet and retain the original.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I don't believe you need a birth certificate for the I-130, possibly just a copy. Later (way later!) on the process you will need one....but for now copy the pages of the passport. Follow the guides here at VJ and you'll do great! :)

***Removing Conditions***

Submitted I-751: March 4, 2011

Check cashed: March 10, 2011

NOA1: March 8, 2011

Biometrics Appt: April 21, 2011

Early Bio Walk-in: April 7, 2011

Approved: September 7, 2011

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I don't believe you need a birth certificate for the I-130, possibly just a copy. Later (way later!) on the process you will need one....but for now copy the pages of the passport. Follow the guides here at VJ and you'll do great! :)

Beneficiary's birth certificate is not needed at petition filing and neither is a passport copy. If she visited you in the US or another country though, you might want to show those passport pages along with the ID page. My point was the Gong Zheng Chu issued Notarial Birth or other Certificates and translations are what you use for any official translated document from China. I actually recommend including a copy of the Notarial Birth Certificate with the petition even though it is not required.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 4 weeks later...

@@@ Moosker @@@

MY RFE from NVC stated that I need to get the original copy of my wife BC but the NSO don't release those and I am trying to convince them that NSO gave us a BC from their system (copy).

Honey Bun and Sweet Bun Forevermore

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.