jbmail

DOES Anyone know how KIEV Embassy gets notified from NVC

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I was reading your posts after being stuck in AP for 5 wweks, but relased 9-10 days ago. I called The Embassy and NVC again today. KIEV NEVER got hard copy of my file that NVC says it sent last Tuesday by DHL. Yet the Embassy says TODAY, that they have my KEV # Electronically in the database, but won't let me make an appt until thye have HARD copy, so I am again waiting.

They say they don't know where it is. I asked is there any chance its still being worked on being put in computer and told me all last weeks work is already input into computer??? I wonder ?

Now I call NVC and tell them I got 3 letters 5 weeks ago saying it went to Embassy...(which everyone gets and it never goes anywhere if you are in AP) and now that its ACTUALLY been shipped to Embassy 5 weeks later , they never sent me a letter to this effect and cannot track this, so they say!!!

Their suggestion was to wait another two weeks and call the Embassy????

Does it make sense that Embassy HAD these papers and put the into computer already, Then LOST them, thats why its in there NOW, or does the KEV# get sent by NVC to Embassy BEFORE they send out hard copies?

I can't figure out this mess, just paying alot of PIN NUMBERS trying to get an answers

I would like to hear from those who have ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE of how they would have got my Electronic file in Embassy database without having papers yet? I can guess, but I'd rather have real answers, if anyone knows?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Embassy gets electronic notification of the KEV #... DHL (or whoever they use now), will deliver the actual case file. Kiev does NOT allow you to schedule an interview until the paper file is physically in Kiev. This can take 2-3 weeks from when it is dispatched from NVC until it is in the interview scheduling database

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

To echo the above post, the KEV# reaches Kiev electronically awhile before the paper file. Now, awhile is a variable period of time, and I was able to schedule as soon as I was aware of the KEV#. It could be that I called NVC two weeks after the file was mailed. I can't tell for sure, because I never got any email notice of approval or NOA2.

You are now in the system, just waiting on the mail. I know from experience how tough it can be to wait patiently at this stage but trust me - the more you let it aggravate you the more nail biting you will do for no reason. Wait two weeks is the standard answer at Kiev, I would wait three or four days and try tactfully again. Calmly ask about scheduling, and thank the operators for their help. Showing any irritation can only hurt you IMHO. Government employees are the same everywhere I think, and these folks will not budge until your file arrives.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.