The_Dude

Guilty Pleasures

161 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I love watching Ghost Hunters (TAPS) on Sci-Fi, I would never tell anyone that I know, for fear that they would laugh at me. But I dvr every episode. I'm hooked.

my hubby and I have seen every single episode.. you are not alone :thumbs:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I love watching Ghost Hunters (TAPS) on Sci-Fi, I would never tell anyone that I know, for fear that they would laugh at me. But I dvr every episode. I'm hooked.

Thats my sons favourite show. He's obsessed with that kind of stuff.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
my hubby and I have seen every single episode.. you are not alone

Thats my sons favourite show. He's obsessed with that kind of stuff.

I knew when I started thinking that Jason was sexy that I was going off the deep end. It's nice to know I'm not the only TAPS fan. I still wouldn't tell any of my friends...lol!

0nboVVg.jpg0nbom6.png

moAOm6.png

Filed: Other Timeline
Does anyone remember Labrynth, with David Bowie and the bouncing heads? That movie was so wierd.

I own it, and can recite most of it. I love Hoggle :D And David Bowie for that matter.

James and I watch Ghost Hunters all the time. Don't much care for the new one GHI though, don't like the team lead, nor half the team :P I saw Jason and Grant at Dragon Con, I was walking behind them. Didn't get to talk to them though, their handlers were surrounding them. We didn't get to see any of their panels though because the one that we *did* get in to, was cancelled. We guessed because Steve couldn't get on the plane with them :( He never did show up that weekend, one of the other guys came in his place.

We also have a bunch of ghost hunting equipment of our own, and we've been out once with a local (very disorganized) group.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Timeline

I met David Bowie backstage at a Pixies concert a few years back. I was in awe. :lol: I am not a huge fan of his music but I respect his music, and he does have a real presence.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Does anyone remember Labrynth, with David Bowie and the bouncing heads? That movie was so wierd.

CLASSIC!

That movie made me incredibly afraid of David Bowie and life at the same time, but yet I could not stop watching it. I probably watched it a few hundred times as a kid. :lol:

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
James and I watch Ghost Hunters all the time. Don't much care for the new one GHI though, don't like the team lead, nor half the team :P I saw Jason and Grant at Dragon Con, I was walking behind them. Didn't get to talk to them though, their handlers were surrounding them. We didn't get to see any of their panels though because the one that we *did* get in to, was cancelled. We guessed because Steve couldn't get on the plane with them :( He never did show up that weekend, one of the other guys came in his place.

We also have a bunch of ghost hunting equipment of our own, and we've been out once with a local (very disorganized) group.

That is too cool! I don't like GHI either and it's for the exact same reason.

I'm gonna have to start coming and hanging out in you guys forum. You guys are cooler. LOL.

0nboVVg.jpg0nbom6.png

moAOm6.png

Timeline
Do you guys remember the Dark Crystal? Or Legend!? Legend was HILARIOUS.

I loved the Dark Crystal. I have it on DVD. I tried to name one of our dogs when I was younger Fizzgig after that one maniac character in it. I loved Labrynth even more. I Liked Hoggle, but I liked Sir Didymus and Ambrosius the best. :thumbs:

3612205_std.jpg

This morning, I heard the lineup for the Coachela Music Festival, and was reminded of another guilty pleasure. I like to listen to Morrissey and The Smiths. I hate emo music, but for some reason, I like Morrissey :blush:

Timeline
I hate emo music

Ah I "hate" this word. I think I hate it because people use it so generically. The original "emo" slang term originated from the words "emotional HARDCORE". (ie. as in hardcore or punk) It was actually "emocore".

Somehow, the word "emo" got popularized to just mean emotional and so now all emotional rock music tends to be pegged emo?

I'm not doggin' on ya, it just is one of my pet peeves from being a music nerd.

Edited by thetreble

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline
I hate emo music

Ah I "hate" this word. I think I hate it because people use it so generically. The original "emo" slang term originated from the words "emotional HARDCORE". (ie. as in hardcore or punk) It was actually "emocore".

Somehow, the word "emo" got popularized to just mean emotional and so now all emotional rock music tends to be pegged emo?

OK, I should phrase that a bit more carefully. I intensely dislike the current music that is labelled as "Emo". I do however like The Cure, The Smiths, and The Misfits :P

I generally just say it that way because far too often if I tell someone that I like Morriessey, they reply "Oh, your an emo huh?".

Timeline
I hate emo music

word I'm like that with the word "indie"

People just throw it around and don't seem to appreciate it in its true form.

I hate emo music

OK, I should phrase that a bit more carefully. I intensely dislike the current music that is labelled as "Emo". I do however like The Cure, The Smiths, and The Misfits :P

I generally just say it that way because far too often if I tell someone that I like Morriessey, they reply "Oh, your an emo huh?".

I LOVE THE CURE! <3

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

:lol:

It's quite alright. I love how the term went from being used for a genre of music, to people using it to describe someone or call someone something negative.

I hate that the mainstream media has done that to a GREAT genre of music. When kids are "sad" and where "black" and wear too much make up, maybe they are just depressed or crying out for attention, not "emo" :lol:

My eyes filled with grit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.