20 posts in this topic

Do cr1 applicants like myself need to bring cenomar or the interview? Isn't cenomar for singles only who plans to get married abroad? Help! I'm confused. My interview's scheduled on fen 5 & I dnt thnk I still have the time to get cenomar.

It shows that you haven't been married so are eligable to marry the petitioner

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

I'm married to the petitioner (cr1 visa). I don't need one right? Some folks in here told me I should get one.

I'm married to the petitioner (cr1 visa). I don't need one right? Some folks in here told me I should get one.

Yes you need one, they just started asking for it since Delbros stopped doing the document verification

It is called the CENMAR or marriage index. The confusion is that is that you file up the same green form at the NSO for both the CENOMAR and the marriage index. Just go to NSO and tell them you married and want marriage index, you will get the right thing.

Yes you need one, they just started asking for it since Delbros stopped doing the document verification

It is called the CENMAR or marriage index. The confusion is that is that you file up the same green form at the NSO for both the CENOMAR and the marriage index. Just go to NSO and tell them you married and want marriage index, you will get the right thing.

My interview's on feb 5. Do I still have time? OMG i'm freakin out. how long before I can get if I'll make the request tomorrow?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

If people would stop calling a CENMAR a CENOMAR, a lot of this confusion would go away. Married people cannot possibly get a government issued certificate to evidence they are NOT married.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

what you need is a cenmar. some consuls ask for it, some do not. but nevertheless you just want to be sure rather than sorry right? so go get one tomorrow monday, you have enough time

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

what you need is a cenmar. some consuls ask for it, some do not. but nevertheless you just want to be sure rather than sorry right? so go get one tomorrow monday, you have enough time

From the US Embassy in Manila website:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

12.CERTIFICATE OF NO MARRIAGE RECORD (CENOMAR)

* If you have never contracted marriage, a CENOMAR (Singleness) issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) and printed on NSO security paper should be submitted. You may call the NSO Information Center at 02-737-1111 to inquire on securing a CENOMAR or visit their web site at http://www.census.gov.ph.

Andy

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

Marriage : 2008-10-31

I-130 Sent : 2009-01-23 (Weather Delay)

I-130 Received: 2009-01-30 (Chicago Lock Box)

Official NOA1 Date: 2009-02-04

Check Cleared: 2009-02-05 (On my birthday!!)

Initial Touch: 2009-02-06

Received I-130 NOA1 : 2009-02-09

Received I-130 NOA2: 2009-05-12 (Never received; estimated)

NVC Received Case: 2009-05-19 (Estimated)

Received AOS Bill: 2009-06-12

Paid AOS Bill: 2009-06-14

Status as Paid: 2009-06-16

AOS & DS-3032 Mailed: 2009-06-17

AOS & DS-3032 Received: 2009-06-19

DS-3032 Emailed 2009-07-06

DS-3032 Re-mailed 2009-07-12

DS-3032 Received (mail) 2009-07-16

DS-3032 Entered (email) 2009-07-17

IV Fee Bill Available Online 2009-07-17

IV Fee Bill Shows PAID 2009-07-19

IV Package Sent 2009-07-19

NVC Login failed!! 2009-07-31 Hope to hear good news soon!

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-08-03

Consulate Received : 2009-08-17

Interview Date : 2009-09-18---APPROVED!

Visa Received : 2009-09-24

US Entry : 2009-09-28

CENOMAR= Is for single

CENMAR= For Married or it is called ( Certificate of Marriage or Marriage Index)

Since you are Married get the ( Certificate of Marriage or Marriage Index)

Good luck on the up coming interview :thumbs:

sweet_wifey22 :)

<style>body{background-image:url(http://images67.imikimi.com/image/images2_full/19twj-101.gif);background-repeat:no-repeat;}</style>

Timeline

* If you have never contracted marriage, a CENOMAR (Singleness) issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) and printed on NSO security paper should be submitted. You may call the NSO Information Center at 02-737-1111 to inquire on securing a CENOMAR or visit their web site at http://www.census.gov.ph.

Andy

And again, to try and stop the propagation of the confusion. Married people cannot get their "singleness" certified by NSO. They need a CENMAR, not a CENOMAR.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Andy

And again, to try and stop the propagation of the confusion. Married people cannot get their "singleness" certified by NSO. They need a CENMAR, not a CENOMAR.

Yes pushbrk is RIGHT :thumbs:

<style>body{background-image:url(http://images67.imikimi.com/image/images2_full/19twj-101.gif);background-repeat:no-repeat;}</style>

the correct term to call it is Marriage Index= this is for married people to a foreign national esp USC

the correct tern to call it for beneficiary who aren't married yet is CENOMAR

somebody correct me if I'm wrong

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Timeline
the correct term to call it is Marriage Index= this is for married people to a foreign national esp USC

the correct tern to call it for beneficiary who aren't married yet is CENOMAR

somebody correct me if I'm wrong

I'm sure that's correct. CENMAR is probably slang but so is CENOMAR to some extent. I wonder what the real name is, maybe simply Certificate of No Marriage. Would that make the other CEMAR, not CENMAR?

I'm continually amazed at all the people who tell married people they need a CENOMAR. Very strange indeed.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

i am also a CR1 applicats before,but during my interview they don't asked me a CENOMAR or certificate of no marraige.........

girl just be confident don't panic ,aslong as u know ur petioner or ur husband so well they wont ask

u more proof like things u worried about.........

goodluck!!!!!!!!!

04-12-08.........Married

06-11-08.........I-130 Mailed

06-13-08.........I-130 Received

06-18-08.........NOA1

06-20-08.........Touched

06-21-08.........Received NOA letter

06-23-08.........Check cashed (Hon's birthday)!

08-08-08.........Touched

08-08-08.........I-130 Approved

08-08-08.........Case completed

08-09-08.........Email Received

08-15-08.........NOA2 Hard Copy Received

08-28-08.........Received AOS Notice

09-04-08.........I-864 Received by NVC

09-04-08.........DS3032 email resent

09-11-08.........Paid IV bill online

09-12-08.........Sent DS230

09-15-08.........Sent a email to NVC requesting for early interview due to pregnancy

09-23-08.........RFE

09-26-08.........Found out that a expedite was granted due to pregnancy (NVC RULES)!

10-01-08.........Case Received at Embassy

10-03-08.........Faxed Expedite request to Embassy

10-05-08.........Expedite granted! USEM Rules!

10-07-08.........Delbros Paid (no longer required)

10-15-08.........Medical

10-16-08.........Medical Passed

10-22-08.........Interview PASSED!!(Pink Slip)

10-24-08.........Visa in hand

11-01-08.........POE (Hawaii),flight #######!

11-13-08.........SSN arrived

11-26-08.........welcome note

12-16-08.........GREEN CARD RECIEVED

02-12-09......... gave birth to a beautiful Baby Girl

04-21-09......... Veterinary LabTechician (job) (Cleveland Veterinary Hospital)

.[

10f2b0h.jpg22aveq.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.