Nik

Is California Moving?!!!

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Oh My God - I WAS TOUCHED TODAY!!

I am trying not to get too excited, but it's been so long and it feels so good :P:dance:

Nik

Forgive my ignorance but what does it mean? How do know when it's touched? How are you aware of it?

(I'm still waiting for the check to be cashed and to get my NOA1...sigh)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Forgive my ignorance but what does it mean? How do know when it's touched? How are you aware of it?

(I'm still waiting for the check to be cashed and to get my NOA1...sigh)

When your check is cashed and when you receive your NOA there will be Receipt Number. (You can also find it on the back of your cashed check). With this number you can go to the USCIS Case Status Service Online https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/logi...id=cZt8chaO_pb8 and register.

Then, you can obsessively check the website looking for new "last updated" dates. When they work on your case (move a piece of paper, process something, transfer it to another center, put it on another person's desk) you should be touched. But many people never are during the process so try not to get too obsessed (easier said than done).

Well Michelle at least you are not in my boat. I'm still waiting on my noa2 from CSC from frickin January 26. Sucks but meh.

That is ridiculous. Have you contacted them? Congressman? Senator? Did you have an RFE or something else that explains the insane delay?

No none that I know of. Just says extra security checks. Fiance is still trying to contact a congressman.

Lifting of Conditions

*Sent form 05/15 to CA Service Center

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

*Notification of RFE acceptance 10/2009

*Interview Date: December 4th!

*January 9th: Received 10 year Green Card in the mail :)

Timeline

Well Michelle at least you are not in my boat. I'm still waiting on my noa2 from CSC from frickin January 26. Sucks but meh.

That is ridiculous. Have you contacted them? Congressman? Senator? Did you have an RFE or something else that explains the insane delay?

No none that I know of. Just says extra security checks. Fiance is still trying to contact a congressman.

It's VERY easy to get a congressman or senator involved. She can find a form regarding privacy on the Senator website, download it, sign it, fill in the story and send it. Then call to follow up. It shouldn't take them more than 1 week to get back to her and to dig into the case. I would PUSH HARD.

Good Luck

It's VERY easy to get a congressman or senator involved. She can find a form regarding privacy on the Senator website, download it, sign it, fill in the story and send it. Then call to follow up. It shouldn't take them more than 1 week to get back to her and to dig into the case. I would PUSH HARD.

Good Luck

We're working on it. The congressman that is responsible for my fiance's area is in jail and was kicked out of office and they just swore in a new guy on Monday. No contact info for him yet so that right now is our roadblock. Figures it has to be the one person we need to talk to. :no:

Lifting of Conditions

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

Timeline

We're working on it. The congressman that is responsible for my fiance's area is in jail and was kicked out of office and they just swore in a new guy on Monday. No contact info for him yet so that right now is our roadblock. Figures it has to be the one person we need to talk to. :no:

then SKIP the congressman and go straight to the Senator's office - you can find him/her here:

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_info...enators_cfm.cfm

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I am trying not to get too excited, but it's been so long and it feels so good :P:dance:

Nik

Lucky you! We filed our application on 15 March, received receipt on 20 March and had nothing since. Never touched :( How is it possible that you have overtaken me in the process?!!! Starting to get concerned our application has falled off the shelf :(

And why are all the other service centres forwarding their files to California - California has enough to work with i.e. my file ;)

Eager to get any information I can on this process. The unknown is killing me.

Don't worry touching doesn't necessarily mean much. There is almost a whole month (march 6-31) before before we get to April petitions, but then again this is the government so nothing has to make sense.

then SKIP the congressman and go straight to the Senator's office - you can find him/her here:

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_info...enators_cfm.cfm

Thanks,fiance emailed both senators for California. I am hoping it does us some good cuz 140 days to wait for a friggin noa2 is nuts. Especially when a handful after us are being looked at. Geez.

Lifting of Conditions

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

Timeline
Thanks,fiance emailed both senators for California. I am hoping it does us some good cuz 140 days to wait for a friggin noa2 is nuts. Especially when a handful after us are being looked at. Geez.

Email is not the way to do it. You will most likely receive a generic email message in a few weeks thanking you for supporting the senator's stance on immigration reform.

Instead, go to the senator's website. Go to the section for Constituent Services. Download the privacy release act form. Fill it out, give the details of your case with your case number, etc. Fax to the senator's office. Follow up with a phone call to make sure they received it. Call again the next day or two days later.

Good luck

Email is not the way to do it. You will most likely receive a generic email message in a few weeks thanking you for supporting the senator's stance on immigration reform.

Instead, go to the senator's website. Go to the section for Constituent Services. Download the privacy release act form. Fill it out, give the details of your case with your case number, etc. Fax to the senator's office. Follow up with a phone call to make sure they received it. Call again the next day or two days later.

Good luck

Ok I let my fiance know what you told me. Thanks

Lifting of Conditions

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Nik

congratulations!!!! :dance: we were touched today too!! :D maybe it is good news!!! :D

Caroline (Brazil) and Phil (USA)

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.