6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I'm hoping someone can help me out.

My 2 yr GC is expiring Jan 30, 2009. I sent in the I-751 application in November and had my biometric appt in December. I checked my case status online and my case cannot be found. I know that my GC expiration is extended to 1 more year, but when can I expect a response from USCIS about my GC.

Can someone guide me in the right direction?

Thank you!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi Connie,

Per my knowledge, it could take 3 months, 6 months or even a year to get approval. I hope you get approved soon. Also, if you have received a Notice of Action, which should have a case number, then you should be able to check the status of your application online. Please call USCIS, if you cannot do so.

Mandar

Overland Park, KS

Local office - Kansas City, MO

Filed: Timeline
Hello everyone!

I'm hoping someone can help me out.

My 2 yr GC is expiring Jan 30, 2009. I sent in the I-751 application in November and had my biometric appt in December. I checked my case status online and my case cannot be found. I know that my GC expiration is extended to 1 more year, but when can I expect a response from USCIS about my GC.

Can someone guide me in the right direction?

Thank you!

It can take a year + to get approved for the 10 year greencard. The receipt number on your Biometrics letter is the one that you can use to see your case online. You may also want to do a search in this forum for people who filed in Nov 08 then you will be able to see when others who filed at the same service center get approved.

The time to receive an interview notice or the GC can vary. Take a look at the immigration timelines link at the top of the page, the stats may be helpful. Good luck :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Currently, VSC - which is where your application will be if your local office is Texas - is taking 11 to 13 months to approve most applications. They are currently working on applications filed last January and February - although there are still a few December filings waiting for approval.

As Kez/JWolf mentioned the number on your extension letter doesn't work for getting online case status updates - it is an internal use number for USCIS only. The number on your biometrics should work (you will see it is a different case number). There is at least one other VJer, however, whose biometrics number doesn't work so she has to phone into the 1-800 number - they are able to check status for her even though she can't see it for herself. So, if the biometrics number also doesn't work, call in and see if they can give you updates, or get the account activated so you can see the updates for yourself.

Good luck - and settle in for a bit of a wait.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.