notime4haterz

K-3 Weekend Party

65 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
Hey Lisa, are you going both tracks (IR-1 and K3), or have you all settled on the IR-1?

Chris

Im feeling a little resentful/pitiful/defeated that our k3(supposedly a "pitstop" at nvc) is stuck there for a potential 6-8 weeks....but, im trying not to let it get the better of me. but, i think i will stop in for the party heh heh

Guys,

Apparently they are getting the "lost" files caught up. I hope next week is a better one for you!

Lisa

We decided on the K3. I told my husband, since we are already in AP now, maybe we will be safe later...we can look at the CR1. He was WAY against it.

All of the guys there that have been in AP for like, EVER..are CR1.

You guys doing the K3 too?

Lisa,

We just made a call at NVC and they said they have forwarded our case to Dhaka Embassy today (01-23-09). Is it a sign on being not in to AP procedure for K3?

CJ-G...yeah june filers along with few april, may and august got approvals..... atleast, this is hopeful that VSC is doing something...also u will be surprised to know that, in the website my case status is still pending...while my case was sent to Dhaka Embassy today...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Hey, Narnia, hang in there, dear, I've gotta think you're right on the doorstep. I've been reading a lot of these threads lately, is it true that there are some June and July filers getting approved while April and May are totally getting blown over?

Amazing.

Well, if it's any consolation, the next phase is not absent of drama. Take a look at my thread in the NVC forum, and you'll get a nice slice of what can happen once you get over to the "other side". I think the biggest lesson I've learned from this whole journey is what we (those who chose foreign spouses) are willing to go through to be with our SO's. I'm now thinking that ALL couples (including american/american) should have to go through this prior to being issued a marriage license. The divorce rate would be cut in half.

Best of luck, baby. Take care.

CJ-G

Hi Chris! Glad to have you back. I don't know of any other April filer in VJ that's left. I think it's just me and some May/June people. I give up. No point in even getting happy with an NOA2 as I see now that USCIS can just bring about more misery with NVC! When will it be over? Who knows? As I said in another post...I feel like a "game over"...like when you lose your video game, it says, "Game over" and then the music winds down and game shuts off.

If drinking weren't a sin in my religion, I would be so freakin plastered right now! :wacko:

Thanks for hanging with us at the party :wub:

Love always,

The Limbo Bimbo

(Damn, I wish I could change my sign in name but I have to wait a year LOL)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Yeah, at this point, we're more concerned with speed in getting her here, more so than the additional hurdles that would be faced with an adjustment of status action after she got here. Also, it gets a little more complicated for her if we go CR-1, because she has to travel to Warsaw Poland for that embassy interview, and although Warsaw is actually closer to her home than Minsk (she lives in a town called Brest, on the Belarus/Poland border), she needs a visa to go to Poland, while she does not need a visa to go to Minsk, it's the capital of her country. She knows Minsk very well, so she has told me she would rather go to Minsk than Warsaw, even if it means a few more headaches for her once she gets over here.

However, with this new drama I'm facing with I-129F packet being sent (or, NOT sent) to Minsk by NVC, I'm thinking I may get the CR-1 process started if they don't get the K3 matter resolved by the end of next week. Just to have all of my bases covered.

I'll be so glad when this mess is over.

C

Hey Lisa, are you going both tracks (IR-1 and K3), or have you all settled on the IR-1?

Chris

Im feeling a little resentful/pitiful/defeated that our k3(supposedly a "pitstop" at nvc) is stuck there for a potential 6-8 weeks....but, im trying not to let it get the better of me. but, i think i will stop in for the party heh heh

Guys,

Apparently they are getting the "lost" files caught up. I hope next week is a better one for you!

Lisa

We decided on the K3. I told my husband, since we are already in AP now, maybe we will be safe later...we can look at the CR1. He was WAY against it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
for Angelina Jolie size lips. :blush:

Damn USCIS! All the more reason to have your husband here! So he can enjoy the Angelina Jolie lips while they last ;)

:lol:

Love always,

The Limbo Bimbo :lol:

That's what i told my hubby

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Narnia, thanks hon. Good to "see" you. Sending my love.

C

Hey, Narnia, hang in there, dear, I've gotta think you're right on the doorstep. I've been reading a lot of these threads lately, is it true that there are some June and July filers getting approved while April and May are totally getting blown over?

Amazing.

Well, if it's any consolation, the next phase is not absent of drama. Take a look at my thread in the NVC forum, and you'll get a nice slice of what can happen once you get over to the "other side". I think the biggest lesson I've learned from this whole journey is what we (those who chose foreign spouses) are willing to go through to be with our SO's. I'm now thinking that ALL couples (including american/american) should have to go through this prior to being issued a marriage license. The divorce rate would be cut in half.

Best of luck, baby. Take care.

CJ-G

Hi Chris! Glad to have you back. I don't know of any other April filer in VJ that's left. I think it's just me and some May/June people. I give up. No point in even getting happy with an NOA2 as I see now that USCIS can just bring about more misery with NVC! When will it be over? Who knows? As I said in another post...I feel like a "game over"...like when you lose your video game, it says, "Game over" and then the music winds down and game shuts off.

If drinking weren't a sin in my religion, I would be so freakin plastered right now! :wacko:

Thanks for hanging with us at the party :wub:

Love always,

The Limbo Bimbo

(Damn, I wish I could change my sign in name but I have to wait a year LOL)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

All this talk of drugs and drinking...we really ARE partying now, aren't we?

Sounds good! Pass me the Flexeril! Maybe if I take 2 I won't wake up till Monday! Then we'll see what VSC puts out!

Forgive me. I'm pissy today. So what else is new? :lol:

Timeline
Been there, done that with amoxicillin. Not pretty !!! I spent 12 long days 3 times my normal size and hives and welts all over my body. Emergency room two times.... UGHHH it was a nightmare. After that, I went to the allergist and was tested for everything because I turned super paranoid. ( post traumatic stress disorder.... hahahahaha) That was 11 years ago. Take lots of Benadryl. 50mgand two Corona's knocks me on my ####!!

I'm sitting in the house tonight. I am with my youngest daughter. My son and my older daughter are out. My husband called me all stressing out. I talked with him for almost 2 hours. I really can't wait to be there with him next Saturday. I hate to rush the week... Hopefully I will have some good news to tell him when I get there.

I so wanted to call him today with good news to cheer him up. He needs some good news ! He is having a rough time over in Costa Rica. It sucks that he can't be here with me. ( THANKS USCIS, VSC etc..... !!!)

The Jolie size lips were cool, but the hives and welts weren't...I think i have been high on Benadryl and advil over the last 24 hrs.

I am hopeful you will hear some good news in time for your trip to Costa Rica...7 more sleeps :) Hope your youngest is doing well... are you gals having a PJ party tonight?? :)

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Chris

Guys,

Lisa

Lisa,

We just made a call at NVC and they said they have forwarded our case to Dhaka Embassy today (01-23-09). Is it a sign on being not in to AP procedure for K3?

I would say so. :thumbs: see? I knew youre day was coming! you were approved 24 days after me, but you will be the one going forward and spreading the knowledge :D

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Been there, done that with amoxicillin. Not pretty !!! I spent 12 long days 3 times my normal size and hives and welts all over my body. Emergency room two times.... UGHHH it was a nightmare. After that, I went to the allergist and was tested for everything because I turned super paranoid. ( post traumatic stress disorder.... hahahahaha) That was 11 years ago. Take lots of Benadryl. 50mgand two Corona's knocks me on my ####!!

I'm sitting in the house tonight. I am with my youngest daughter. My son and my older daughter are out. My husband called me all stressing out. I talked with him for almost 2 hours. I really can't wait to be there with him next Saturday. I hate to rush the week... Hopefully I will have some good news to tell him when I get there.

I so wanted to call him today with good news to cheer him up. He needs some good news ! He is having a rough time over in Costa Rica. It sucks that he can't be here with me. ( THANKS USCIS, VSC etc..... !!!)

esposa,

what a bad thing to be allergic to..its the "cure all" antibiotic!

I have the house to myself since josh is at my moms tonight :dance:

Julia is sleeping so its like I'm alone.... At least til 11 when Kelly has to be home. Tom is with his Uncle for the weekend doing " MAN" things. He hates to be home with all the girlz !! :blink:

Yea, I never had to take amoxicillin before in my life. I was like 30 when that happened. AND it was a 10 day script and I started the allergic symptoms after the 9th day. SO the meds were in my system for all that time. The whole experience made me afraid to take anything. I cringe when I have a headache and have to take motrin ( and I work for J&J , the makers of the darn drug)

I hate allergy season too because I am married to Zyrtec from april to June. My company also makes that drug.... you'd think I'd suck up my drug issues....

Jen

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Timeline
Yeah, at this point, we're more concerned with speed in getting her here, more so than the additional hurdles that would be faced with an adjustment of status action after she got here. Also, it gets a little more complicated for her if we go CR-1, because she has to travel to Warsaw Poland for that embassy interview, and although Warsaw is actually closer to her home than Minsk (she lives in a town called Brest, on the Belarus/Poland border), she needs a visa to go to Poland, while she does not need a visa to go to Minsk, it's the capital of her country. She knows Minsk very well, so she has told me she would rather go to Minsk than Warsaw, even if it means a few more headaches for her once she gets over here.

However, with this new drama I'm facing with I-129F packet being sent (or, NOT sent) to Minsk by NVC, I'm thinking I may get the CR-1 process started if they don't get the K3 matter resolved by the end of next week. Just to have all of my bases covered.

I'll be so glad when this mess is over.

C

Chris

Guys,

Lisa

God, I hope they get their sh!t together and figure it out for you guys next week. Her being as comfortable as possible with the location will def help her interview well :thumbs:

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

Guys,

Lisa

6-8 weeks #######??!! I don't get it. :blink::blink:

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Timeline

esposa,

what a bad thing to be allergic to..its the "cure all" antibiotic!

I have the house to myself since josh is at my moms tonight :dance:

Julia is sleeping so its like I'm alone.... At least til 11 when Kelly has to be home. Tom is with his Uncle for the weekend doing " MAN" things. He hates to be home with all the girlz !! :blink:

Yea, I never had to take amoxicillin before in my life. I was like 30 when that happened. AND it was a 10 day script and I started the allergic symptoms after the 9th day. SO the meds were in my system for all that time. The whole experience made me afraid to take anything. I cringe when I have a headache and have to take motrin ( and I work for J&J , the makers of the darn drug)

I hate allergy season too because I am married to Zyrtec from april to June. My company also makes that drug.... you'd think I'd suck up my drug issues....

Jen

ya, i took a sulfa anti. when i was 17, i thought i was DYING. it felt like little knives were running through my viens..it was f 'ing horrible! i sympathize with anyone who has been through a drug reaction yikes!

i cant blame your son for wanting to escape girls night :lol: He's lucky to have an uncle to go "play" with for sure. :)

My son has my stepdad, he goes over there on friday to watch wrestling :wacko: as long as he knows mommy is NOT a wrestling partner, im cool with it LOL

Thanks!

The Jolie size lips were cool, but the hives and welts weren't...I think i have been high on Benadryl and advil over the last 24 hrs.

I am hopeful you will hear some good news in time for your trip to Costa Rica...7 more sleeps :) Hope your youngest is doing well... are you gals having a PJ party tonight?? :)

Kinda like boobs when your pregnant.... They're cool but the belly isn't !! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

j/k

Julia is doing well. She will always have the tumor for the rest of her life unless it starts to grow at a rapid pace, then they will start meds and radiation. . I don't want to go that route because Iw ant her to grow up and have children and have everything she wants ! She already had surgery so they won't do that again, PLUS, the tumor sits right next to her pituitary gland. THey are afraid it is attached to the stalk that controls her hormones and pretty much everything else in her body !

Angie lips are very cool. I bet you are itching up a storm ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Feel better. Maybe a double shot of something strong will take away the itch and kill the cold virus you have. Two birds with one stone... 50mg of benadryl and 2 beers will make you feel wonderful.

Thanks for all you good wishes for me... I hope you get approved this coming week.

Everyone else TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edited by esposadetucho

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Guys,

Lisa

I dont get it either. Desiman and I are the ONLY k3'ers over there. :crying:

One would think that during the 8 DAMN MONTHS we were at USCIS, they could have preformed a few extra security checks, but hey...that would be logical and efficient lol

the good news is we can already "x" off 18 days

Edited by Y_habibitk

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Guys,

Lisa

Well...Now I am just wondering why would NVC go for the AP? Didn't the USCIS do that for the petitioners? Lisa filed a way back...what were they (VSC) actually doing with it since then? now 6-8 weeks... ridiculous...

I know, everyone is happy for me, so do I for myself..but I really really want every member and my friends to get approved as soon as possible...

For me, I don't know what is going to happen...my K3 has been assigned a case number and even forwarded to embassy while have not got the case number for CR1....

pray for us...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.