SharMarv

Dublin delays??

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi

I was due for my fiance interview this thursday - June 15 - but got a phone call today (Mon) to ring the embassy.

They have now told me that mine and other cases have been sent back to the US for further processing and they don't know how long it will take. Just to keep checking back in every week.

We filed in March 05!! so this is all taking a looonnnnggg time.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks

S

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I just posted the same question-we were approved WAY before the new IMBRA law too effect. I called the embassy & the woman told me that our case was being sent back b/c my man had to get a fingerprint clearance. Now that I read your post-I think she was confused. I thought it was strange that they called him before he even gave the fingerprints-but she assured me that it wasn't b/c of IMBRA.

I am really upset-####### is going on? our cases shouldn't be delayed b/c of that new law-at least that is what I thought. Anyone????

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Timeline
This thread may shed some light for you.

Sorry that you're caught up in the IMBRA hell.

I am going to call them again tomorrow-there is NO freaking way I am going to sit around & take this sh*t. We sent our petition in over 6 months ago-we should not have to get in line with people that just filed a month ago-no fu*king way :no:

sorry-I am just really angry-enough is enough. to make it all worse-they tell me that it ISN'T because of the IMBRA law when clearly it is(especially if it is happening to others as well).

Hopefully it will get sorted out sooner than later

Ok I am not fast enough to edit my previous post - ditzo me just realized the OPs NOA was in 2005. That has nothing to do with IMBRA, as far as I know.

It sounds like there are major issues with Dublin. What is up with that???

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline
Ok I am not fast enough to edit my previous post - ditzo me just realized the OPs NOA was in 2005. That has nothing to do with IMBRA, as far as I know.

It sounds like there are major issues with Dublin. What is up with that???

Just took a chance & called NVC they told me that our petition was sent back here because of this IMBRA sh*t, he said the law went into effect Jan 1 so since we were approved 3/7-it effects us. I am totally confused, I thought it was if you submitted the application after 3/6..................crying on the phone with the guy-he was actually very nice but my heart is broken :(

I will call the embassy again tomorrow to see what is going on.

This IMBRA stuff is wrought with misinformation. Seems you get different answers based on who you ask. I had thought the same thing about the 3/7 date. Maybe Dublin is being *overly* compliant and sending everything that they have back?

Sheesh.

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline
This IMBRA stuff is wrought with misinformation. Seems you get different answers based on who you ask. I had thought the same thing about the 3/7 date. Maybe Dublin is being *overly* compliant and sending everything that they have back?

Sheesh.

That could be what happened :huh: I just don't know why one woman told me that it wasn't becaue of IMBRA but yet it seems very likely.......I will call again tomorrow.

I am really upset-I hope it gets cleared up................as for the OP-did you try calling anyone???? I mean you have been waiting a lot longer than I have. Ok another update called the visa office in Washington-waited 15 minutes spoke to a really nice guy-he said he doesn't see anything on our file about IMBRA but told me that Gav just needs to have the fingerprint clearance & we are good to go. I feel a little better now :whistle:

Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline

HI

Thanks for the replies. Called the embassy again this morning - got through to a different person and she said not to worry that they hoped to be able to reschedule my interview within 2 weeks. Trying to be patient - all the same ours seems to have taken a long time on the US side. In any case - fingers crossed.

Timeline
HI

Thanks for the replies. Called the embassy again this morning - got through to a different person and she said not to worry that they hoped to be able to reschedule my interview within 2 weeks. Trying to be patient - all the same ours seems to have taken a long time on the US side. In any case - fingers crossed.

You have waited a LONG time! That is good news about the interview-I am hoping we won't be delayed too long either-good luck to ya!!! :thumbs:

keep us posted

Timeline

Latest update - its back on now for thursday!!!! Must just have been a hiccup.

Great news! I honestly think thay they rang everyone by mistake because of the IMBRA law. When I called yesterday the woman seemed really confused :blink:

Anyhow-lots of luck to you & if you don't mind-please post your experience it could help many others going through Dublin! I would love to hear how you get on at the interview.

Colleen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Good luck!

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Timeline

Latest update - its back on now for thursday!!!! Must just have been a hiccup.

There was a similar IMBRA hiccup with the London embassy when this ch*t first hit the fan - I think it was about 4 weeks ago or so. Some interviews got cancelled and then re-scheduled just a day or so after the cancellation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.