pie_1125

is cenmar nd marriage certifcate same at NSO??

6 posts in this topic

hi everyone to all filipino who get copy of CENMAR at the NSO..i just want to asked if CENMAR nd MARRIAGE CERTICATE are same if i get copy at the NSO ... coz i need to apply soon

hope to hear soon..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
hi everyone to all filipino who get copy of CENMAR at the NSO..i just want to asked if CENMAR nd MARRIAGE CERTICATE are same if i get copy at the NSO ... coz i need to apply soon

hope to hear soon..

it's not same.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=162087

They are in fact the same from NSO. CENMAR is the NSO version of the certification of marriage from the Cival Register. You want that for the VISA process

Love forever,

Dale & Trisha

Married: 9/29/2008

K3 Visa

POE-MSP: 3/13/2009

AOS/EAD

Greencard received: 08/29/2009

Removal of Conditions:

Approved: 10/20/2011

Citizenship

9/19/2012

A Cenomar/cenmar and a marriage certificate are two different things. The cenomar (certificate of no marriage) is a requirement for the US embassy visa application process. In that document it will state your name, your parents' name and ALL the marriages you have contracted in the Philippines. A ceNOmar is for single people. A cenmar (certificate of marriage) on the other hand is a similar document but is for married people. So note there is a difference between a cenmar and ceNOmar.

A marriage certificate simply states that you have married your current partner. Whereas a cenmar or ceNOmar, lists all your marriages. When you recieve the cenmar / cenomar, you will see teh difference between that document and the marriage certificate.

For women, they will use your maiden name on the cenmar / cenomar.

God bless.

Edited by jhcruz18

Correct that a CENOMAR and a CENMAR are different .

For K1 you need the CENOMAR

For K3/IR1/CR1 you need the CENMAR.

The OP is asking about a Certificate of Marriage and the CENMAR. They are the same.

CENMAR = Certificate of Marriage

No can a Married person request a CENOMAR? Yes but it will show the Index number of the CENMAR thus they are not permitted to be married.

Love forever,

Dale & Trisha

Married: 9/29/2008

K3 Visa

POE-MSP: 3/13/2009

AOS/EAD

Greencard received: 08/29/2009

Removal of Conditions:

Approved: 10/20/2011

Citizenship

9/19/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.