Big Papa Zone

Traditional English Sunday Roast

72 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

This is one of the few things I'll miss about the UK. Yes, I know there's threads about this sh!t elsewhere, but Sunday roast deserves a thread of its own.

Now, let's discard chicken (because that's not a proper roast) and see who likes what: beef, pork, or lamb? For me, it's a toss up between beef (proper, prime beef, not this brisket sh!t) and pork. The main reason for my leaning toward pork is simple - the crackling. I made pork roast this afternoon, and I scored the fat, poured a little lemon juice over the joint, and smothered it in salt. Then I roasted the whole thing, and enjoyed the meat, but not half as much as I enjoyed that delicious, salty pork fat - mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Pork crackling - pure, salty fat, but ###### georgeous. :dance:

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunday roast is beef here too!

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Gotta be pork...have a joint in the oven right now!

07/15/2008 I-129f sent to VSC

07/19/2008 I-129f received at VSC

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

01/13/2009 Medical completed

02/03/2009 Interview - APPROVED!!

02/28/2009 POE Raleigh/Durham

05/02/2009 Official wedding day...get to see the family!

04/11/2009 AOS paperwork sent

04/17/2009 NOA for I-765 & I-131

05/13/2009 Biometrics appointment

05/08/2009 Biometrics done

06/05/2009 EAD & AP approved

06/23/2009 back in the UK

Lamb is my favourite roast. Beef a close second.

I plan to attempt to do a Sunday roast over here most weeks - although it won't be the same

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We have whatever happens to be in the freezer for roast. Today it's lamb but it's usually beef. Lamb, mint sauce, roast potatoes, carrots, peas, sweetcorn and yorkshire puddings. I know you're supposed to have yorkshire puds with beef but in our house we have it with all roast dinners, even Christmas dinner.

We have whatever happens to be in the freezer for roast. Today it's lamb but it's usually beef. Lamb, mint sauce, roast potatoes, carrots, peas, sweetcorn and yorkshire puddings. I know you're supposed to have yorkshire puds with beef but in our house we have it with all roast dinners, even Christmas dinner.

Sunday dinner, regardless of the meat, isn't the same without yorkshires.

07/15/2008 I-129f sent to VSC

07/19/2008 I-129f received at VSC

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

01/13/2009 Medical completed

02/03/2009 Interview - APPROVED!!

02/28/2009 POE Raleigh/Durham

05/02/2009 Official wedding day...get to see the family!

04/11/2009 AOS paperwork sent

04/17/2009 NOA for I-765 & I-131

05/13/2009 Biometrics appointment

05/08/2009 Biometrics done

06/05/2009 EAD & AP approved

06/23/2009 back in the UK

Gotta be Roast beef and Yorkshire puds otherwise its not a Sunday Roast!

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

roast lamb... beef a close second :)

so hard to get lamb here though :(

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Sunday roast isn't really done here. Closest you will get is dinner on special occasions. Last one we had was on New Years day. Haven't found Yorkshire puddings here, may need to make some soon.

I love lamb, which is not so easy to find here. Looking forward to next weekend, will be able to get haggis from the local store to celebrate Burns night.

Feb 2005 - Met online through brit band doves

Dec 15th 2005 - Met for first time at U2 concert in NE, USA

Apr 30 2008 K1 Interview Approved

Dec 11 2008 AOS approved

Dec 18 2008 Permanent Resident card received

Oct 22 2010 ROC NOA 1 Received

Jan 31 2011 ROC Approved

Doves Music Blog / Doves Official

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Sunday roast isn't really done here. Closest you will get is dinner on special occasions. Last one we had was on New Years day. Haven't found Yorkshire puddings here, may need to make some soon.

I love lamb, which is not so easy to find here. Looking forward to next weekend, will be able to get haggis from the local store to celebrate Burns night.

So are you a Jock then, Nicky? I just figured with you being a Toon ST holder you were from NE England.

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.