SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part12)

5,606 posts in this topic

It is finally starting to sink in for me. Obama will be sworn into the presidency in two days. I'm sooo emotional right now. I'm excited...and joyful at this moment.

KK

I've been a hot mess hot since Thursday :crying: History in the making...

Are you going to the inauguration on Tuesday?

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Did you see where Obama ask his daughter how did he do, and she said good.

YEA THATS WAS SWEET :luv::luv:

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
It is finally starting to sink in for me. Obama will be sworn into the presidency in two days. I'm sooo emotional right now. I'm excited...and joyful at this moment.

KK

I've been a hot mess hot since Thursday :crying: History in the making...

Are you going to the inauguration on Tuesday?

I don't know...yesterday I said no but may change my mind before Tuesday. Are you?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Rox, and I didn't know it all these dif wings..thought it was just the White house :) and that the pass thru road was just recently closed when the Oklahoma bombings happen

No, one thing most people don't realize is that ALL of the musems in Washington DC are FREE. There is so much to see and do here, you could be here a week, and not see or do it all. Then we have large populations of mix culture here, so any type of food that you would like to eat, we can find it here.

Rox you make it sound great there. You live in DC? Outside of things like the inauguration is there a lot happening in the city all the time or is it pretty quiet?

Wakey

Wakey, there is nothing quite about living here, I don't live in DC, but I'm am only 30 mins away in Maryland. I live in a area that is like ATL, the majority of the People living here are Black. A very diverse culture, I worlk in DC, I can see the Monument from my office window, walk down to it durning lunch. We have lots of clubs, resturants, shopping malls, etc.

Sounds like a great place to live.

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

They are talking about 2 to 3 million people will be downtown Washington on Tuesday.... that is going to be a hot mess. You won't be able to move around, the subway will be toooooooo crowded.....

Sib. I heard that they are not opening up the roads until 7:00 am on Wednesday, so rush hour traffic will be a total mess.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey ladies! How are you all. I haven't caught up so forgive me. I have a quick question. My girlfriend of over 15 years was telling me that she could never marry a man that wasn't the bread winner in the household. She wants a man that makes more money than her, regardless of love.

I know that a lot of us deal with the fact that our SO make less money than we do, at least in the beginning. How do you deal/cope with the fact that you will have to be the primary bread winner in the family? How does your SO cope with the fact that he makes less money? I have heard that alot of Jamaican men tell stories of coming to farrin, only to find themselves being manipulated, controlled, and made sex slaves all because they do not make the same or more money. Did your SO have those types of doubts? If so, how did you overcome it? Do you think it will become a source of contention in your marriage? Why or why not?

With my first husband, he made less than me starting out as an apprentice for heating & air. But, he quickly began to match my salary. I tried to teach him how to manage his money...how to budget...how to write checks...how to manage paying bills. He was a procrastinator, and started paying bills late. So after me losing it a couple of times, he was happier just putting his entire check on the dresser for me to sort out. I HATED it because I wanted some of the daily pressure off of me. With me being a smart #######...I began to spend the entire amount...barely leaving enough for his lunch and gas money. I told him, you will figure it out the easy way with my help, or you will learn the hard way. Now, after so many years, he thanks me for teaching him how to manage his money.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

I saw how many of the roads they r closing..OK WOW !!

On Tuesday, the only way into Washington, DC will be by subway, so all of the buses will either pull up into a subway in MD or VA and everyone will have to ride the subway downtown. There are so many people already in town, that are of the resturants are crowded, in DC, MD and VA.

Timeline
They are talking about 2 to 3 million people will be downtown Washington on Tuesday.... that is going to be a hot mess. You won't be able to move around, the subway will be toooooooo crowded.....

Sib. I heard that they are not opening up the roads until 7:00 am on Wednesday, so rush hour traffic will be a total mess.

I know. I may work from home Wednesday.

HBO DID A NICE SHOW :luv:

HBO is the only network with rights to tape and show the concerts :angry:.

Timeline

Goog question Jawi. I will answer later.

Bye ladies....I have to go get pretty for our dinner party...that's going to take awhile :hehe:

Edited by sjb1221

Jawi, I have been in relationships where the man made alot more money than me, and I have been in a relationship where I made more than him. What I found out,is it is not about how much someone makes, it what they do with it.

So, I think I have made my choose, the one where he doesn't make as much as RIGHT NOW I, but he knows how to handle and control the money that he does have. I have seen Men who makes alot of money be broke, so that doesn't faze me any more. I want a man that is going to love, cherish and respect me. Money is controlling.....

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.