alb2009

January '09 I-129 filers at CSC

593 posts in this topic

omg laura819, they just recieved my petition, and said it would take a week to forward to delhi embassy =]! yay!!!!!

Well, maybe I will call tomorrow then - as I'm hoping based on your time frame that mine's on it's way to London now. :)

-H

yeah you should call in, they will just make you vertify names and birthdates and tell you where your petition is =]

Update my case status to what? it said "approval notice sent" last time i checked...is that what yours says? how did you know they recieved yours? did you call in again? or status change?

they have not updated my case status, it still says pending, and yeah i just called a hourago n they said it arrived today and it will be at my embassy within a week

awesome! i think im gonna wait to get the paper copy of NOA2 until i call again. although I am wondering if they could have sent a huge packet of them, mine included? what do you think i should do?? do you have MSN messenger...or anything like that?

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
omg laura819, they just recieved my petition, and said it would take a week to forward to delhi embassy =]! yay!!!!!

Well, maybe I will call tomorrow then - as I'm hoping based on your time frame that mine's on it's way to London now. :)

-H

yeah you should call in, they will just make you vertify names and birthdates and tell you where your petition is =]

Update my case status to what? it said "approval notice sent" last time i checked...is that what yours says? how did you know they recieved yours? did you call in again? or status change?

they have not updated my case status, it still says pending, and yeah i just called a hourago n they said it arrived today and it will be at my embassy within a week

awesome! i think im gonna wait to get the paper copy of NOA2 until i call again. although I am wondering if they could have sent a huge packet of them, mine included? what do you think i should do?? do you have MSN messenger...or anything like that?

yeah i think they will recieve yours soon mines took a week, try calling tommorow if not then wait to call until you recieve your hard copy, i dont have msn, but we can message each other, and keep updated!

Known each other since we were kids ! =]

08/24/08-Engaged

01/10/2009- Sent

01/12/2009-NOA1

03/17/09- NOA2

03/25/09- NVC recieved

3/26/09- Forwarded to New Delhi Embassy

4/6/09- Packet 3 sent

4/8/09- Sent packet 3 to embassy

4/13/09-Embassy Sent packet 4

4/20/09- Recieved packet 4

4/25/09- Medical - passed =]

5/04-09- Gave paperwork to VFS

5/14/09- Intreview

Approved!!!!!!!!!!

5/26/09- POE at SFO

yeah i think they will recieve yours soon mines took a week, try calling tommorow if not then wait to call until you recieve your hard copy, i dont have msn, but we can message each other, and keep updated!

ok :) keep us all updated :) im so excited for all of us!!

Timeline

me tooo im so happy =]

08/24/08-Engaged

01/10/2009- Sent

01/12/2009-NOA1

03/17/09- NOA2

03/25/09- NVC recieved

4/6/09- Packet 3 sent

5/14/09- Intreview

Approved!!!!!!!!!!

5/26/09- POE at SFO

me tooo im so happy =]

how often have you been calling nvc?? i dont wanna be too obsessive...lol

Timeline

me tooo im so happy =]

how often have you been calling nvc?? i dont wanna be too obsessive...lol

ive been callling everyday, now that i knw they recieved it im going to call next week, thats what the representive told me i should do, he said by then it will be forwarded to embassy

08/24/08-Engaged

01/10/2009- Sent

01/12/2009-NOA1

03/17/09- NOA2

03/25/09- NVC recieved

4/6/09- Packet 3 sent

5/14/09- Intreview

Approved!!!!!!!!!!

5/26/09- POE at SFO

I haven't called the NVC at all (yet - keeping this option in reserve).

If people abuse a free service, it will not be free for much longer. You can see all the other pay-lots-of-money numbers referred to here!

I figure that if my petition left CSC on the same day as my NOA2 (March 16) Say it takes the whole week to get to NVC (March 23). They have to process it. Let's be nice and say that's 3 days of sitting in queue (March 26). Then they have to mail something back to me saying they've done it. Maybe that takes 5 days to get to me (March 31). That puts me about 2 weeks after my NOA2 before I should start even thinking about harassing the NVC.

My calling and taking up someone's time - someone who has to be PAID (and they'll find ways to make those who come after pay in turn - higher fees, or a paid line!) - doesn't move my petition along any faster. I know that it's a bit comforting to be able to track progress, but tracking it doesn't make it go faster! :) Also, it's just a few days longer to wait for the normal channels of getting the notice.

Besides, guys, we got our approvals faster than even in our wildest dreams we thought we might. You'll get your regular old paper notices about it getting to the embassy before you ever thought your petition would be looked at again...

I know we're all fired up and excited by how fast things seemed to be moving, and I KNOW it's hard to wait, but that's no reason to start getting impatient now!

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

I haven't called the NVC at all (yet - keeping this option in reserve).

If people abuse a free service, it will not be free for much longer. You can see all the other pay-lots-of-money numbers referred to here!

I figure that if my petition left CSC on the same day as my NOA2 (March 16) Say it takes the whole week to get to NVC (March 23). They have to process it. Let's be nice and say that's 3 days of sitting in queue (March 26). Then they have to mail something back to me saying they've done it. Maybe that takes 5 days to get to me (March 31). That puts me about 2 weeks after my NOA2 before I should start even thinking about harassing the NVC.

My calling and taking up someone's time - someone who has to be PAID (and they'll find ways to make those who come after pay in turn - higher fees, or a paid line!) - doesn't move my petition along any faster. I know that it's a bit comforting to be able to track progress, but tracking it doesn't make it go faster! :) Also, it's just a few days longer to wait for the normal channels of getting the notice.

Besides, guys, we got our approvals faster than even in our wildest dreams we thought we might. You'll get your regular old paper notices about it getting to the embassy before you ever thought your petition would be looked at again...

I know we're all fired up and excited by how fast things seemed to be moving, and I KNOW it's hard to wait, but that's no reason to start getting impatient now!

you are completely right :) im guessing my petition wont get there for awhile still...so i'll leave them alone :) but either way, I didn't even dream about getting NOA2 for atleast another month, so...

so the letters we get from now are....

NOA2

arrived at NVC letter

left from NVC letter

and then the non USC gets packet three...

....thats it right? or not all of those?

No new approvals today? :unsure:

I need to stop thinking about this so much, still nothing! :angry:

My guess is this:

My approval was the last, I think. I got a case update, late late at night. Whoever started doing them again the next day probably hasn't updated. cuz to be doing THAT many, and then NOTHING...doesnt make sense...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think some people arent posting here, cuz when I check out igor's the number of approvals has been growing, so maybe it was people who were approved around the 14th or so that are just now getting letters and updating their tmelines but not posting. Haven't seen Feb change, but Jan is now over 50%, it was around 40 last night when I checked. Hope that helps you!

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I filed on 1/15 from Thailand to the CSC. My NOA1 was returned since my mail was forwarded at the time, and I received a replacement NOA1 on 2/23 dated 2/19, and, strangely enough, another replacement NOA1 on 2/28 with a date later than the 1st replacement. Last touch was 2/24 :whistle: . My case status has not changed since about 2/19 when it alerted me to the fact that my NOA1 was returned by the USPS (although the message is quite confusing and I had to file a service request to find that out for sure). Best of luck and good vibes to all Jan filers (and others too, of course).

Note: If you don't have your name on your mailbox, or have your mail forwarded, or attempt to have USCIS correspond with you at a foreign address, you might run into problems, as I found out the hard way.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Wow so much to catch up on after only 2 days! Just wanted to check in! I am in Omaha visiting my fiance until April!! Unfortunately he still has to work some days while I am here so I will be around! I am going to wait to call NVC until tomorrow, and with hopes it has already been sent to Vancouver! Meeting with the pastor on Saturday and scouting out wedding venues too! Im so excited! :) The POE at the airport was seriously the easiest I have ever been through, asked me two questions, stamped my passport and I was on my way! All that freaking out for nothing! Congratulations to the newest approved and good luck to those still waiting I am praying for you all, rest assured it will come!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Wow so much to catch up on after only 2 days! Just wanted to check in! I am in Omaha visiting my fiance until April!! Unfortunately he still has to work some days while I am here so I will be around! I am going to wait to call NVC until tomorrow, and with hopes it has already been sent to Vancouver! Meeting with the pastor on Saturday and scouting out wedding venues too! Im so excited! :) The POE at the airport was seriously the easiest I have ever been through, asked me two questions, stamped my passport and I was on my way! All that freaking out for nothing! Congratulations to the newest approved and good luck to those still waiting I am praying for you all, rest assured it will come!

yay you made it!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.