Twisted K

What exactly is AP anyway?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I think India and or NVC is on crack. Its ok, I needed a laugh, and wanted to share this laugh with you. I just called NVC again to see if our case has been received. The lady that answered the phone said our case was received on January 13, and is under Administrative Processing. Said it is unknown as to when it will be finished. Said our case has not been denied. What the heck? I thought AP was when they are going to approve the visa but need to go through name checks?? Anyways, it gave me a good laugh. But what do they mean we are on AP? could it be a glimmer of hope? If it means what I had seen it mean for others, it means possibly a long wait and they are doing name checks. Which I don't think it would be a problem, but why AP after delhi sent it back? could nvc realize that delhi was in the wrong, and they believe that we belong together?? i hope so. of course i am always looking for the ray of sunshine, for all i know they could be just doing some filing and preparing it to go back to CSC :bonk:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

AP means about a thousand different things. It is a cover all. . . in this case, maybe your inquiries are being acted upon and they are re-thinking the return of the petition. Had your liaisons started yet?

Timeline

One liason i contacted last week said she sent in an inquiry, but it was too soon to tell. The other liason said to give 30 days. I am going to call DOS to see if they know anything when they are open. I was caught by surprise when she told me that last night. Here I was, bracing myself to file another petition, but if this is going to work, excellent. I have my tickets on reserve, and plan on purchasing them officially tonight. I have already requested the time off from work, and am ready to fly, but now I am wondering if this means a possible 2nd interview, or what?

He is home!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I can't make a judgement call on this one, because people use the AP like a blanket as stated above.

The results to your phoen call will be in your favore in Jesus' name.

Hope is alive and well.

One liason i contacted last week said she sent in an inquiry, but it was too soon to tell. The other liason said to give 30 days. I am going to call DOS to see if they know anything when they are open. I was caught by surprise when she told me that last night. Here I was, bracing myself to file another petition, but if this is going to work, excellent. I have my tickets on reserve, and plan on purchasing them officially tonight. I have already requested the time off from work, and am ready to fly, but now I am wondering if this means a possible 2nd interview, or what?

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Timeline

One liaison has not started yet, said i was in queue to be worked on. the other, i left a message so i imagine i will hear back from her sometime on monday (she is good at returning phone calls). now i am even more confused than ever. i called nvc to double check because it just didn't make any sense, and this time a guy told me that they have never received my case back. all he was showing was when they sent it to the embassy on august 14. i don't know what to think. if the case is still in india, perfect, i pray they keep it there until i arrive on feb 12. if not, i will keep bugging someone until i get an answer somewhere. i am beginning to wonder am i imagining this whole thing. maybe this is april 2008 and i am just preparing to file my petition. talk about your head spinning around in circles! what day is it? what is my name? where am i? :blink:

He is home!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.