Brad and Vika

Kievrent and Kiev VIP airport service

7 posts in this topic

Just a quick statement for travelers to Kiev.

I used the VIP airport service and was again pleased with the smooth transition past the customs and passport control desks. Also, I was missing a suitcase, and the VIP folks handled it all. They tracked down an Air France rep, had her locate the suitcase before she spoke to me (it was still in Paris), brought her and all the paperwork to the lounge, and helped me fill out all the forms. Then they made sure the bag was delivered that day, and that I had all the necessary phone numbers to call should anything go wrong. If you have ever lost a bag in Eastern Europe and had a tough time getting it (and I have... oh boy), it is a great value! Also, no questions about currency or contents at all.

On the advice of Steelman (from this forum), I used Kievrent for airport transfer and flat rental. All is well, except a power outage for about twelve hours. Clean apartment, reasonable prices, city center location. I would recommend them.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I used the VIP airport service and was again pleased with the smooth transition past the customs and passport control desks. Also, I was missing a suitcase, and the VIP folks handled it all. They tracked down an Air France rep, had her locate the suitcase before she spoke to me (it was still in Paris), brought her and all the paperwork to the lounge, and helped me fill out all the forms. Then they made sure the bag was delivered that day, and that I had all the necessary phone numbers to call should anything go wrong. If you have ever lost a bag in Eastern Europe and had a tough time getting it (and I have... oh boy), it is a great value! Also, no questions about currency or contents at all.

On the advice of Steelman (from this forum), I used Kievrent for airport transfer and flat rental. All is well, except a power outage for about twelve hours. Clean apartment, reasonable prices, city center location. I would recommend them.

Interesting. I have travelled A LOT for the past 30 years, both in USA and international, and NEVER lost a bag on any airlines until I went for the visa interview (on Air France) and they lost my bag going BOTH ways to Kiev and back!!!! Both times it was stuck in Paris. The first time I retrieved it at Borispol airport the next day, coming home they had to deliver it to my house and I found it on my porch when I came home from work 2 days later. Good thing I put all the documents in my carry on! Seems Air France has a problem!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Brad,

That VIP service sounds pretty good. I might have to check that out next time I go to Kyiv. So, are you experiencing any cold apartments. I know that Kyiv has its own gas supply but just wondering if certain parts of the city are colder than others. This whole Russian gas thing is such a mess. Both sides are accusing the other of underhanded tricks while much of Ukraine and parts of eastern Europe freeze.

Interesting. I have travelled A LOT for the past 30 years, both in USA and international, and NEVER lost a bag on any airlines until I went for the visa interview (on Air France) and they lost my bag going BOTH ways to Kiev and back!!!! Both times it was stuck in Paris. The first time I retrieved it at Borispol airport the next day, coming home they had to deliver it to my house and I found it on my porch when I came home from work 2 days later. Good thing I put all the documents in my carry on! Seems Air France has a problem!

I will pass the word to Vika :lol: I actually had bags vanish every other flight I took to Minsk. One time I didn't get my clothes for about three days. Now I always pack about two changes in the carry on. That was United/Lufthansa, by the way. Bags were everywhere, Frankfut, Vienna, etc.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Brad,

That VIP service sounds pretty good. I might have to check that out next time I go to Kyiv. So, are you experiencing any cold apartments. I know that Kyiv has its own gas supply but just wondering if certain parts of the city are colder than others. This whole Russian gas thing is such a mess. Both sides are accusing the other of underhanded tricks while much of Ukraine and parts of eastern Europe freeze.

Actually, the power did go out in our apartment for about twelve hours, but that was unrelated to the gas trouble. People hre ue lots of space heaters when it gets really cold, and it sometimes causes switch and circuit issues in the older buildings. I understand that Ukraine prbably has enough gas to last the winter. On the other hand, the eternal flame at the WWII museum was out yesterday - the joke being that Gazprom shut i off until the bill gets paid :lol:

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Yikes! I just reread my post above. Just shows that I cannot type or spell if I rush :no:

Just a note here. I just discovered that on flights from Kiev to Paris you cannot get VIP service any more. We were told that flights into Parisrestrict passengers to the full screening process at the main terminal.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

• 2 weeks later...

A follow up:

1) All three of our bags were lost on our trip back (they stayed in Paris). It took about two days to get them back.

2) Although we didn't use VIP service because Delta/Air France won't allow it, we did speed things up a bit thanks to the entrepenurial spirit of the Ukrainian airport employees. We were approached by a young guy in the airport to check-in without a line for 200 hrvna, and breezed through the process in 5 minutes. Another 100 hrvna to get a too-heavy bag through.

3) I had absolutely no questions from customs or passport control about anything at all. A HUGE difference from my experience in Odessa.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.