Sweetgirl

Notice of Removal of Conditional Basis of Lawful Permanent Residence : APPROVED!!!

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi Everyone!

I just would like to share with the good news! My Removal of the conditional basis of Permanet Resident Status has been approved!!! :thumbs:

I went to check my mailbox tonight and received a letter from Nebraska.

It states:

RE: NOTICE OF REMOVAL OF CONDITIONAL BASIS OF LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENCE

Your request for the removal of the conditional basis of your permanet resident status has been approved.You are deemed to be lawful permanet resident of the United States as of the date of your original admission or adjustment of status.

You must obtain a new alien registration receipt card (Form I-551). To do so,appear in person at your local INS office.Bring this letter plus two recent photos of the same type as on your present alien card.

(If needed,exact specifications may be obtained from the INS office). Your new alien registration receipt card will be mailed to you within six month.

You should not travel outside the United States before receiving your new card unless you have first received a passport endorsement from yout local INS office indicationg that your new card is being processed.

Sincerely.

and here the signature of the officer...

then name andNSC

Now ,i have a question what do i supposed to bring with me to the INS office ,just 2 photos and thats it as they have taken my Conditional Card away.Also do i need to bring the copy of the I-751 file with me?

Do i need to grab my husband with me too. ?.

As we have realized that this is not the interview invitation letter right?., as i am basically approved without an interview? :unsure:

I appreciate any of the suggestions!

Thank You!

Sincerely.

Hi Everyone!

I just would like to share with the good news! My Removal of the conditional basis of Permanet Resident Status has been approved!!! :thumbs:

It states:

Your request for the removal of the conditional basis of your permanet resident status has been approved.You are deemed to be lawful permanet resident of the United States as of the date of your original admission or adjustment of status.

You must obtain a new alien registration receipt card (Form I-551). To do so,appear in person at your local INS office.Bring this letter plus two recent photos of the same type as on your present alien card.

(If needed,exact specifications may be obtained from the INS office). Your new alien registration receipt card will be mailed to you within six month.

You should not travel outside the United States before receiving your new card unless you have first received a passport endorsement from yout local INS office indicationg that your new card is being processed.

Sincerely.

then name andNSC

Now ,i have a question what do i supposed to bring with me to the INS office ,just 2 photos and thats it as they have taken my Conditional Card away.Also do i need to bring the copy of the I-751 file with me?

As we have realized that this is not the interview invitation letter right?., as i am basically approved without an interview? :unsure:

Thank You!

Sincerely.

Thank you for your condrats,Jenny!

Also if anyone would like to know that i forgot to write about,that we have Filed I-751 on January 26,2006

I also don;t rememeber the exact dates after that.

So NOA letter was received in the beginning of the February with the one year of the Conditional Card extention. In the middle of the February i have received the yellow letter and attached the original Conditional Card to the bottom of the letter and mailed it to the INS.

Tonight as its probaly a June 9 th ? i have received a letter of an Approval dated with the Decision date of the June 6,2006.

Thats pretty it by now :yes:

Sincerely.

Hi Everyone!

It states:

Sincerely.

then name andNSC

Thank You!

Sincerely.

Also if anyone would like to know that i forgot to write about,that we have Filed I-751 on January 26,2006

So NOA letter was received in the beginning of the February with the one year of the Conditional Card extention. In the middle of the February i have received the yellow letter and attached the original Conditional Card to the bottom of the letter and mailed it to the INS.

Tonight as its probaly a June 9 th ? i have received a letter of an Approval dated with the Decision date of the June 6,2006.

Sincerely.

Hi, My friend, who has a receipt date for her 751 of November 4, 2004 in Newark NJ received the same letter on May 29, 2006. She went for an infopass appointment on June 6, 2006. She brought her passport and pictures and waited about 4 hours, beginning to end and came home with a 551 stamp and was told to wait for the 10 year card to come in the mail. Now she asks me every day when it will come. She did wait a long time for the adjustment, so I can see why she is anxious. Please keep us updated when you receive your card. Some are saying 6 months, others are saying a couple of weeks!

Good Luck!

Sincerely.

then name andNSC

Thank You!

Sincerely.

Hi Everyone!

It states:

Sincerely.

then name andNSC

Thank You!

Sincerely.

Sincerely.

Hi, My friend, who has a receipt date for her 751 of November 4, 2004 in Newark NJ received the same letter on May 29, 2006. She went for an infopass appointment on June 6, 2006. She brought her passport and pictures and waited about 4 hours, beginning to end and came home with a 551 stamp and was told to wait for the 10 year card to come in the mail. Now she asks me every day when it will come. She did wait a long time for the adjustment, so I can see why she is anxious. Please keep us updated when you receive your card. Some are saying 6 months, others are saying a couple of weeks!

Good Luck!

Sincerely.

then name andNSC

Thank You!

Sincerely.

HI! Ok,i will defenetely keep you informed and will let you know when i receive my Green Card.

I just also wanted to make sure that i was approved without an interview? :unsure:

So ,i basically dont need to bring anything with me except the passport ,the photos and probably the copy of

the Conditional Card and thats it?

All right.

Sincerely.

HI! Ok,i will defenetely keep you informed and will let you know when i receive my Green Card.

I just also wanted to make sure that i was approved without an interview? :unsure:

So ,i basically dont need to bring anything with me except the passport ,the photos and probably the copy of

All right.

Sincerely.

Sweetgirl, if I were you, I'd take your passport, the pictures, the copy of your conditional card, the yellow letter asking you to send the conditional card, and maybe the NOA-1 (as well as the NOA-2, obviously) for your I-751.

What service center did you file through? Nebraska? I seem to be the only one on here that's going to have to deal with Texas ...

Congratulations!!

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

All right.

Sincerely.

Sweetgirl, if I were you, I'd take your passport, the pictures, the copy of your conditional card, the yellow letter asking you to send the conditional card, and maybe the NOA-1 (as well as the NOA-2, obviously) for your I-751.

What service center did you file through? Nebraska? I seem to be the only one on here that's going to have to deal with Texas ...

Congratulations!!

HI Sparkofcreation! Thank you for Condratulations!

Yes,i have filed with Nebraska,but if you have filed with the Texas office and according to the processing dates they are doing, they seem to be working faster then the Nebraska does :unsure:

Basically the Nebraska processing the January,09 ,2006 applications right now but we have a NOA for the January 26,2006. So im beginning to realize that the processing dates dont have much to do with the application approvals. :unsure: I have a feeling that if you file all the necessary documents correctly and the file look good and the marriage is real ,they will approve the petitioner probably faster. :hehe:

Thank you and Good luck!

Sincerely.

All right.

Sincerely.

Congratulations!!

Also i would like to tell you guys if you file the petitions ,doesent matter if its for the Adjustment of Status,for the Removal Conditions or for the Citizenship ,always include the Police Report with your petition from your local Police Department Office .The Police Report gonna state that you have no criminal background and i think this is the one of the important things which should be included with the applications and also more different pictures should be included also!

Sincerely.

Filed: Country: Sweden
Timeline

Sweetgirl -- yes you are approved! Congrats! FYI most I-751s are not interviewed.

Your husband does not need to go with you. Just make the appointment and bring your passport and the photos as they requested. You only need your passport if you want to get it stamped. Bring the rest of your immigration file (that would be every scrap of paper you have ever filed or received from them) just in case.

"When all else fails, read the instructions."

Sweetgirl -- yes you are approved! Congrats! FYI most I-751s are not interviewed.

Your husband does not need to go with you. Just make the appointment and bring your passport and the photos as they requested. You only need your passport if you want to get it stamped. Bring the rest of your immigration file (that would be every scrap of paper you have ever filed or received from them) just in case.

Dear Hcj and iceyspots thank you very much for the Condratulations! (F)

Ok, so now i have to make an infopass appointment ,take 2 photos,take my passport,take the copy of the I-751 file and grab my husband just in case... and I'm ready! :thumbs:

Sincerely.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congratulations, Sweetgirl!

Take everything the letter says to bring; we were not asked for anything additional.

You must take the letter (the officer gave us a photocopy of it with his signature, showing that we had been in, "for our records").

Take your husband if you want, but there is not much happening at this appointment. I do recommend that if you are interested in Naturalization that you ask them for a printed copy of the Guide to Naturalization. It's a very big file to print out on your own paper!

Congrats on your success. :)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Congratulations, Sweetgirl!

Take everything the letter says to bring; we were not asked for anything additional.

You must take the letter (the officer gave us a photocopy of it with his signature, showing that we had been in, "for our records").

Take your husband if you want, but there is not much happening at this appointment. I do recommend that if you are interested in Naturalization that you ask them for a printed copy of the Guide to Naturalization. It's a very big file to print out on your own paper!

Congrats on your success. :)

Thanks for the Condratulations Meauxna !

OK,i will defenetely ask them about the Naturalization guide as i am eligible to apply for the Naturalization on January,26,2007 ,seems pretty soon :yes:

My Best wishes and Good luck with your Naturalization stuff as well !

Sincerely.

P.S... I forgot to ask about ,how long did it take in your case to receive a physical 10 year card after that appointment in your Local INS office? As it seems that you had to go to the same appointment as i am going to?

Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.