JoBri

Interview scheduled

7 posts in this topic

We got interviewed scheduled for February 2. At first they offered January 13, but I told them that is too soon. then they offered Jan 15, then Jan 21... all too soon for physical and other things. So I chose Feb 2.

Am having a hard time getting my spouse to put it into gear... to get her passport photos taken (we need 3 moe photos) and hard time getting her to see that the packet from embassy is the very same thing I keep sending her via their web site. She is getting confused, and having a hard time getting her to understand her end of things.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

congratz! that was fast. but pls tell me, is K3 or CR1 interview? and if is CR1, when was yr case complete at NVC? I am trying to estimate for myself, as we r very close to finish line at NVC too.

enjoy life,

Andreea

met Lee: sept 2005

married here: 23 feb 2008

I 130 sent :16 march 2008

I 130 NOA1: 20 march 2008

I 129F sent: 11 april 2008

I 129F NOA1: 11 april 2008

I 130 and I 129F NOA2: 12 dec 2008

NVC process:

NVC received and assigned case number for both: 18 dec 2008

(break in the process- Lee comes to spend holidays here 22 dec-5th jan 2009)

DS 3032 generated :? ?

DS 3032 sent : 26 dec 2008 (friend sends it, based on how fast Ds-3032 was generated for Sracastillo and others who had same NOA2 date as me-risky, but worked)

received AOS package and IIN number in mail : 29 dec 2008 (same friend picks up mail and sends us the IIN)

pay the AOS bill online: 29 dec 2008

AOS shows as PAID: 30 dec 2008

my husband goes back and bags with our papers get lost : 5th jan 2009

package IV fee bill generated and paid online: 7th jan 2009

recieved bags and papers: 9th jan 2009

sent AOS package: 9th jan 2009

package IV bill shows PAID and sending package IV : 12 jan 2009

case complete: jan 20th

interview march 30th 2009

I129F

NVC mails I129F package to bucharest embasy

up to this day, no package received at embasy here -one more reason to prove in my case I129F was just useless

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
We got interviewed scheduled for February 2. At first they offered January 13, but I told them that is too soon. then they offered Jan 15, then Jan 21... all too soon for physical and other things. So I chose Feb 2.

Am having a hard time getting my spouse to put it into gear... to get her passport photos taken (we need 3 moe photos) and hard time getting her to see that the packet from embassy is the very same thing I keep sending her via their web site. She is getting confused, and having a hard time getting her to understand her end of things.

Wow! Congrats!

zachsmile2ym1.jpg

Married 3/15/07

USCIS:

NOA1: 5/23/2008

NOA2: 9/12/2008

NVC:

They received: 9/24/2008

Case Complete: 12/1/2008

Interview: 03/24/2009

Received approved visa (after RFE in interview): 04/21/2009

I am just going the k-3 route. I decided that it is more important at this point for my wife and I to be together sooner rather than later. We will be together, and work on AOS together here. [i know that supposedly takes longer in the end, and costs more, doing it this way, but being together outweighed that concern.

check my timeline below, in my signature. It all moved faster than they could even notify me. I got a letter dated the 22nd of December saying that within a week the K-3 would probably be sent to the embassy in Manila, when in actuality the K3 was already forwarded on the 19th of December. and the 17th of December the US Embassy Manila already had been notified electronically, and we had already been assigned a case number at the embassy there.

quote name=andreea' date='Jan 12 2009, 03:54 PM' post='2547950]

congratz! that was fast. but pls tell me, is K3 or CR1 interview? and if is CR1, when was yr case complete at NVC? I am trying to estimate for myself, as we r very close to finish line at NVC too.

enjoy life,

Andreea

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Awesome!

Your wife is probably just super nervous and now the ball is in her court, so to speak. Im sure she will get it together before the interview :D

Good luck with the interview!!!

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Right now I am working on getting everything, from interview appointment letter to the packet from embassy, including documents needed and the information about the physical... am getting it all in "MS PictureIt" as jpg images. At 4:30 this morning (5:30PM her time) we will meet online. I will just take her through it all, step by step, using yahoo messenger and bringing up one image at a time as I explain it to her. That way we can be "on the same page" literally and figuratively as we talk, almost like sitting down with her at the table and going through it. It is the best way I could think of to explain it to her. I hope that goes successfully.

I sent her a lot for the interview. Total weight of what I sent her was 17 pounds! I know that is too much... But I have extra stuff I sent, just in case they call her back for another date to bring more proof. But there are 5 3-ring binders she MUST bring, with everything divided up in plastic pouches in the biders, so she can take out just what they ask for. Each binder has a table of contents, and there is one master table of contents for all 5 binders for her to find what she needs. Each binder is named "book 1", "book 2", ...etc. The embassy says she doesnt need the copies of the I-129F or I-130 packets, but am having her bring those anyways. In the packets are a lot of supporting documentation too, so... Also she has a binder with emails, letters with envelopes, postcards, and a sampling of chats. What I did was printed every chat I had, in 6 point font, full pages, 404 pages, almost 1 million words, 6 million characters. hehe I sent all that to her, but selected out only a sampling for her to bring to interview. I took pages 1, 11, 21, 31..201, 211..401-404 (you get the picture), a total of 44 pages of chat everr 10 pages, covering the entire time since I knew her minus 3 months I accidentally had deleted. Also have all phone bills with times I called her hilighted, daily. I have a photo album I sent, but consolidated the pages of the album on 2 pages of photo paper, and have several seperate photos too. Anyway, all that kinds of stuff is in the binders, divided up in hte plastic pouches.

I am sending her money Friday, for taxi fare, so she doesnt have to go through a big ordeal traveling to the embassy by jeepney or train or bus. She can go by cab to the physical, then cab back to her job later (as principal of an elementary school). She will take taxi to interview too, and back to work again. Hopefully the taxi will eliminate some stress.

Right now I want her to focus on getting the physical, mainly, since that has to come first. It is pretty much cut and dry what she has to do. She needs to bring a passport photo, passport, and a fee in Philippine Pesos. Also will have her bring with her a copy of the interview appointment letter. First come first serve at the clinic, can request woman doctor. Doors open at 7:30 and 2 blocks directly behind a chinese restaurant her and I ate at, across street from US Embassy.

Will go over it all with her, about interview too, but right now want her to focus on just getting the physical.

Awesome!

Your wife is probably just super nervous and now the ball is in her court, so to speak. Im sure she will get it together before the interview :D

Good luck with the interview!!!

Lisa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.