Anna and Jeff

Days Hotel Tagaytay

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

J and I went to Tagaytay to spend the New Year together. Prior to his 2nd visit, he had look on the net places to stay and basically most hotels were fully booked all except for some few, Days hotel included. We took a cab to get there. We were welcomed with crisp cold air with some light showers and few hotel staff in the lounge area. My folks came along with us to see we get there safely. There were 3 front desk officers but only entertaining one customer at a time. A British guy was I think wanting to extend his stay til the 6th of January and maybe after bit of talk, he had gotten what he wanted. Finally it was J's turn. He presented the email - reservation and passport and few more minutes, he was given the keys to our room breakfast stub and remote control to the TV. I was excited and J as well, we were given the 'top' floor (E floor) but gotten bit dismayed eventually that it was on the ground floor. Our room was next to the laundry area and staff entrance and exit. We were on the far end of the room. That, at first didn't dampen my spirit. The room was quite spacious enough and the view from where we were was great, except that as J later told me, it's cut off simply because our room was at the far end of the floor.

Anyways, here are the following things we didn't really like much about the hotel:

1. Our room location----- they placed us next to the laundry area. Almost every night, we'd hear noise from the staff passing through, them opening and shutting their doors. They didn't have much sense or were considerate enough at least. brr.

2. Door sign. Out of curiosity, J placed out the sign (please change the cups) at the door but none came nor anyone bothered what we needed.

3. Number limit per stay in a room. I swear there were more than 6 persons (kids included or probably more) who stayed in the room next to us. Since all rooms were soooo close to each other, we were constantly woken up by some banging of the door, noise they made, programs they watch on the TV sets, and even the noise coming from their bath room!. The room itself I think is good enough to hold at least 4 or 5.

4. Complimentary items per day. On our first stay, we were not given complimentary coffee, sugar, etc. but we had 2 bottles of water (mind you, I think customers should get what they pay for, even complimentary things). The rest of our stay, we didn't get any. I had called the operator and she then referred me to their restaurant. I told that lady we'd like to have the complimentary bottled waters and she said she'd see to it. Til the day we checked out, none came!

5. Hot water. Their information book says that customers receive hot water for their bath and jacuzzi but when J checked that out on our first stay, it was neither hot nor warm--- it was cold! I brought this up to their customer assistant and she said she would send somebody over. Ten minutes after, nobody came, so I called in again and insisted to attend to this matter. It was so cold in Tagaytay, there was no way we could take a bath or jacuzzi with cold water. The third call, it was J this time who talked to the operator. We were tired from the trip (We had stayed quite late to welcome the New Year in Manila then the following day, packed our things to get to Tagaytay) and wanting to feel at least refreshed. As we were about to go to the front desk or talk to someone, maybe a manager several hotel staff (laundry) just passed by and we called their attention. They were kind of nice and they'd ask someone from the maintenance to fix the problem. Few minutes later, the maintenance guy came, tried to fix the problem up, we checked the water but it was only bit warm. That's the best their hotel could do since their water system (however you call it) was centralized. Bahh :bonk:

6. Shower room and floor. It looked somewhat like a portable shower room, it was so small, and there were molds round the corner. The floor on the other hand was so slippery that J almost slipped. Thank God nothing happened.

7. Entrance or Pathway towards the hotel. Their short cut entrance to the hotel was only for their staff!! I guess that's their way of saying, 'look we've got everything you need here in the hotel so best not walk through that small a hill on your way out of the hotel.' Bahh :bonk:

8. PHONE CALL. Takes about several tries before I could talk to the operator or their customer assistant lines. And when I tried to make an outside call, I'd have to call them first before they could open the line. They charge P12 per call. I had several tries of calling some fast food for our dinner but only one came through yet as we were about to check out, the front desk handed over to J incidental (phone) charge. There listed 4 successful calls! I pointed out that to the front desk officer that I had only one successful call. Pfff *bleep*

9. Wake up call ?. It was six o'clock in the morning or sometime around that when J was woken up by a noise coming from our door. There were several knocks on our door and few more seconds, that person was trying to get in but couldn't since J had used the other lock (secure lock-- I have no idea how you call it). Pfff! We didn't call their front desk to wake us up or anything! When J got up, he saw the news papers that's slipped through the door (Just a thought, maybe the staff was wanting to deliver it in person).

10. AND THE MEANEST OF THEM ALL, I think, THEIR RESTAURANT! They have TWO Menus of the same food but with different prices. One bit cheap for the locals and EXPENSIVE PRICE for FOREIGNERS! The waiter handed out the menus to us so candidly and at first I didn't notice it until J looked over at my menu. I told him, maybe they have updated it and simply handed the cheaper one by mistake. I called the waiter's attention and said we'd be using my menu instead. The food was served and J had better luck with the dish he ordered while I had boiled pork with ketsup all over instead of grilled pork ribs and barbecue. :bonk:

The following day, after our trip to people's park, we decided to have dinner again in their restaurant. We were greeted by their manager and told us about their special dish but eventually we turned it down . We were not wearing any sweat shirts thinking that the temperature wouldn't be that bad. The restaurant staff probably had let their windows open or that's just the way it is. There was no music, it was NOT cozy. There were only few who ate there, a group a family (foreigners) and the other, was a family (most likely the girl brought her family with them) and her fiance/husband. The manager handed the SAME MENUS we had the first time we dined in there. This time, it was NOT A MISTAKE! Mine was the cheaper menu while his was the expensive ones yet the list of their food was the same as mine!. J told the manager about this and he said he didn't know (balony). Since it was so cold, we decided to have the food to go. The manager asked if we'd like our food to be delivered but we declined because of their 20% SERVICE CHARGE. The manager took note of this. We were waiting for about 30 minutes, our toes, nose, fingers freezing! The bill was given to J and voila another minus points for the restaurant. They charged J additional 20% SERVICE CHARGE when we clearly said we'd bring the food ourselves. The manager pointed out it was the cashier's mistake but the latter grunted in Filipino that it was the manager's. Pff, never more in that crappy restaurant.

I like Tagaytay and it's view but it's the staff and their service that basically puts off people.

AnnaJeff's blog ****

th_PIC_1059.jpg

I love Jeff I Love Anna

725325v80m0346dj.gif7.gifTTT725325v80m0346dj.gif

725325v80m0346dj.gif

xoxoTTT

252682in41fsxg03.gif

Timeline
I like Tagaytay and its view but it's the staff and their service that basically puts off people.

(soz for some grammar errors)

11. Hotel's pool. They didn't have heating system for it. And their shower area's floor (most part of it) had grimes and ugh, more.

:wacko::bonk:

AnnaJeff's blog ****

th_PIC_1059.jpg

I love Jeff I Love Anna

725325v80m0346dj.gif

xoxoTTT

252682in41fsxg03.gif

Next time, you may want to check out Sonya's Garden. The view is not the volcano nor hte lake but the beautiful serene garden. Is like paradise on earth. Rooms are actually cottages and they are very very cozy and well separated from one another. Hot water? Definitely. Includes all three meals, which are all very very good with fresh dalandan juice. Th veggies they serve are grown in their own garden. Ambiance is very very nice for a quiet romantic getaway. From there, you can ask how to get around Tagaytay. We ventured as far as Talisay, down to Taal lake and took a boat ride to the volcano. Ohh....you can hav your wedding there too.

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

Timeline
Next time, you may want to check out Sonya's Garden. The view is not the volcano nor hte lake but the beautiful serene garden. Is like paradise on earth. Rooms are actually cottages and they are very very cozy and well separated from one another. Hot water? Definitely. Includes all three meals, which are all very very good with fresh dalandan juice. Th veggies they serve are grown in their own garden. Ambiance is very very nice for a quiet romantic getaway. From there, you can ask how to get around Tagaytay. We ventured as far as Talisay, down to Taal lake and took a boat ride to the volcano. Ohh....you can hav your wedding there too.

We've passed by that area. We were on our way to people's park. We've likewise passed the picnic grove of which basically caused traffic; that is, it seemed that everyone has thought of going there. The parking lot area was jam packed, not much space to go about unless you go on for a pony ride.

Apart from bad service the hotel gave, what was also annoying was the constant sticking the board sign up, 'boat ride' in my other half's face. Ah, they're relentless!

AnnaJeff's blog ****

th_PIC_1059.jpg

I love Jeff I Love Anna

725325v80m0346dj.gif

xoxoTTT

252682in41fsxg03.gif

Urgh! Sonya's Garden!, Wonderful! I would definitely suggest this place for newly weds, couples who'd like to taste the sweet nature.

But If I would be in that situation, My husband's is not gonna be happy. Coz I'm gonna be the customer they would wish never booked with them. I'll make it a point that this people will really understand how crappy their service is.

Btw, how's it goin Anna, were you two got married last Dec?

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Urgh! Sonya's Garden!, Wonderful! I would definitely suggest this place for newly weds, couples who'd like to taste the sweet nature.

But If I would be in that situation, My husband's is not gonna be happy. Coz I'm gonna be the customer they would wish never booked with them. I'll make it a point that this people will really understand how crappy their service is.

Btw, how's it goin Anna, were you two got married last Dec?

Yes, we have tied the knot December last year. :luv::dance:(L):D

AnnaJeff's blog ****

th_PIC_1059.jpg

I love Jeff I Love Anna

725325v80m0346dj.gif

xoxoTTT

252682in41fsxg03.gif

Timeline

Congratulations Anna!! Hi , Sorry about your bad experience during your stay there... for how long/how many days ?

My husband , our kids and I had a wonderful time at Days Hotel May 7-10 ,2007. We enjoyed dining in the hotel's cafe. Enjoyed their breakfast ,lunch and dinner.Dining also at the Gazeebo (poolside)..

Our room was just across the their swimming pool. overlooking the amazing view of taal lake/volcano. I am not sure,if I can remember something not good about Days tagaytay Hotel, but we were so "elated " and happy to be sharing those moments we spent, each day as a family. Spent our few days swimming, ( kids enjoyed that more) HHWW ( holding hands while walking ) outside to see the great view in the morning.

Im not sure why poor service na sila ,kunsabagay, tagal na ung pagcheck in namin don... Sayang naman kung ganon. My husband,kids and I have been wanting to go back, maybe on his next visit dito s Pilipinas . But maybe also we should check for more reviews... ( nangangarap, tagal n kaming di ngkita ng husband ko :crying: )

Maybe we can try the Sonya's Garden (gracey's suggestion ;) Pagdating ng panahon ...........................

Hello My Mahal kong Husband, I Love You very much!

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage : 2007-05-24

I-130 Sent : 2007-08-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-15

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-29

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-03

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-26

NVC Received : 2008-09-04

NVC Left : 2008-09-04

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2008-12-22, whtie slip -asked for marriage index + annotated marriage cert.

Submitted Add'l Documents : 2009-01-08

Approved on 2009-01-12.....visas for printing

Visa Received : 2008-01-19

US Entry : ...........

I-130 Approval : 2008-08-26

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your filing date.

Your I-130 was approved in 364 days from your filing date.

In regards to the Boat sign in your hubby's face....Grace and I hired a driver and had him stop a couple times and ask their prices. Of ocurse, when they saw MY face, their prices wnet through the roof. We were told of this before leaving QC. They acutally chased down the car with lower prices when we said no. YEs, EXTREMELY persistent.

Sonya's Graden is very nice, but its away from the lake and Volcano. Next time we go I would want something with a view of both.

05-21-06 - Met online

12-29-07 - Married at 6pm THE LAST TIME I'LL FALL IN LOVE

07-28-08 - Mailed I-130(Chicago, $355 X 2)

07-31-08 - NOA1(I-130 recieved in Chicago)

08-01-08 - Hard copy NOA1 (I recieved the NOA1 via mail)

08-25-08 - Hard copy NOA2(I-130 approved and recieved by me)

08-27-08 - NVC assigns case number(verified via telephone call)

09-05-08 - Received DS-3032 and AOS bill(checked by phone and noted on travel web site)

09-05-08 - Paid AOS bill online --- pending (paid on-line $70)

09-06-08 - Emailed DS-3032 --- auto response (email that NVC recieved an email from Grace, nothing more)

09-09-08 - AOS bill --- PAID!! (noted on travel web site as "PAID")

09-11-09 - Grace recieved DS-3032s, still no response to the email...(wife got a birthday package from her hubby :) )

09-12-09 - Mailed DS-3032 via FedEx. Also mailed out AOS(paper mailed just to be certain they get one)

09-15-09 - NVC accepts DS-3032..FINALLY!!!(verified via email response and telephone call)

09-15-09 - IV Bill paid online - in process($400 X 2)

09-16-08 - AOS revieced by NVC and being reviewed.(verified via telephone call)

09-17-08 - Immigrant VISA Bill fee "PAID" (verified on-line)

09-24-08 - AOS approved(verified via telephone call)

10-06-08 - DS230 recieved by NVC

10-10-08 - CASE COMPLETED AT NVC

10-29-08 - Appointment Schedule for 12-9-2008(verified by telephone call to NVC)

11-03-08 - Recieved Appointment letter via snail mail

11-25-08 - Medical Exam at St. Lukes Medical Center

12-09-08 - Interview at 630am.......VISAs APPROVED!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
In regards to the Boat sign in your hubby's face....Grace and I hired a driver and had him stop a couple times and ask their prices. Of ocurse, when they saw MY face, their prices wnet through the roof. We were told of this before leaving QC. They acutally chased down the car with lower prices when we said no. YEs, EXTREMELY persistent.

Sonya's Graden is very nice, but its away from the lake and Volcano. Next time we go I would want something with a view of both.

We enjoyed our stay there even though we experienced some of the same issues as Anna. It was cool there even in May so I'm sure December/January would be uncomfortable,,especially to use their unheated pool. Also, there were very few guests during our time there (we were there during midweek) so not a lot of noise and only one or two other families using the pool.

The hot water was definitely an issue even with so few guests there but it worked ok showering during non-peak times. I think we stayed near the same room as Anna because the laundry room was just down the hallway. We used the employee entrance sometimes and sort of ignored the sign for employees only. The door swipe card was always having to be re-programmed and I still wonder if the front desk clerk was just trying to give me a hard time (he didn't have the demeanor you'd expect in that position). I've seen ads for the Taal Vista Hotel,,has any VJers stayed there?,,maybe try that next time.

It isn't a 5 star or even 4 star hotel but for sure I've stayed in a lot worse places here in the states. It really didn't matter as long as I was with my wife and family.

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage : 2007-05-24

I-130 Sent : 2007-08-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-15 receipt date

I-130 NOA2: 2008-09-02 Hardcopy

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-29

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-03

I-129F RFE(s) : None

RFE Reply(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-26 (email)

I-129F NOA2: 2008-09-02 Hardcopy

NVC Received :2008-09-04

NVC Left : 2008-09-04

Consulate Received :2008-09-12

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Medical: 2008-09-23,24

Sputum Test Passed, complete medical: 2008-12-08

Interview Date : 2008-12-22, White Slips, need current marriage index and CENOMAR

Visa Received : 2009-01-19

US Entry : 2009-02-01

I-130 Approval : 2008-08-26

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your filing date.

Your I-130 was approved in 364 days from your filing date.

have you checked into stay in a lakeside bungalo or house? I did alot of research and there are many for rent at very reasonable prices. I had intended on renting an entire lakeside house for only $120 per night and that included meal servicest too. The next time we go, we wil be doing that.

It is our intention to eventually own some property there. It is a gorgeous area and teh views are incredible.

If you decided to take a boat ride to the volcano, be forwarded that the natives who live on the lsland will try to push gloves, maks, and beverages onto you..REALLY hard too. but none of that is needed. Even if you are taking the horse ride to the volcano...its not needed. Don't be fooled.

05-21-06 - Met online

12-29-07 - Married at 6pm THE LAST TIME I'LL FALL IN LOVE

07-28-08 - Mailed I-130(Chicago, $355 X 2)

07-31-08 - NOA1(I-130 recieved in Chicago)

08-01-08 - Hard copy NOA1 (I recieved the NOA1 via mail)

08-25-08 - Hard copy NOA2(I-130 approved and recieved by me)

08-27-08 - NVC assigns case number(verified via telephone call)

09-05-08 - Received DS-3032 and AOS bill(checked by phone and noted on travel web site)

09-05-08 - Paid AOS bill online --- pending (paid on-line $70)

09-06-08 - Emailed DS-3032 --- auto response (email that NVC recieved an email from Grace, nothing more)

09-09-08 - AOS bill --- PAID!! (noted on travel web site as "PAID")

09-11-09 - Grace recieved DS-3032s, still no response to the email...(wife got a birthday package from her hubby :) )

09-12-09 - Mailed DS-3032 via FedEx. Also mailed out AOS(paper mailed just to be certain they get one)

09-15-09 - NVC accepts DS-3032..FINALLY!!!(verified via email response and telephone call)

09-15-09 - IV Bill paid online - in process($400 X 2)

09-16-08 - AOS revieced by NVC and being reviewed.(verified via telephone call)

09-17-08 - Immigrant VISA Bill fee "PAID" (verified on-line)

09-24-08 - AOS approved(verified via telephone call)

10-06-08 - DS230 recieved by NVC

10-10-08 - CASE COMPLETED AT NVC

10-29-08 - Appointment Schedule for 12-9-2008(verified by telephone call to NVC)

11-03-08 - Recieved Appointment letter via snail mail

11-25-08 - Medical Exam at St. Lukes Medical Center

12-09-08 - Interview at 630am.......VISAs APPROVED!!

Timeline

I noticed a large number of Europeans. I don’t blame the people who are pushing things from trying to make money but it was a bit much at times. It reminded me of a holiday spent in Lake Tahoe (this is a large lake in the states of California and Nevada). The roads are all on a slope and packed. It isn't a sleepy out of the way area but a bustling tourist trap ready to seek out your money. We would walk around the road next to the hotel but have to wander through a maze of people holding up signs saying “Boat ride to Taal”. On two occasions we had trikes make U-turns in traffic and block our paths. It made the romance part hiccup just a little.

“Boat ride?”

“No thank you. Where was I honey? Oh yes, I love the way the sun shines off your-”

Another person shoves a sign in our faces calling out, “Boat ride?”

It’s funny that the Days Inn hotel has a mural painted in their restaurant where one of the scenes is of a person holding the sign up as if that was a highlight of the area.

We took a taxi there which was nice and a bus back. The bus will allow you a higher vantage point to see the surrounding area. I remember passing the Garden while on a jeepney and it seemed nice. I could see someone minding the garden area where fresh food was being grown. There are some large housing tracts being cleared on the mountain slopes surrounding the caldera. I saw some large beautiful houses which I am almost positive will be rented out. The view from the People’s Park is impressive. It was very windy and thankfully it wasn’t raining much. They will charge you a small fee to get inside the gate. A steep winding road must be walked to reach an excellent view of the countryside.

I am glad we went for the experience but my advice is to stay as much as you can away from Tagaytay itself. Find a great place to stay and spend the time there. Bad luck / bad timing definitely played a role in our experience. I wish it wasn't so well known as a money making spot; maybe in the off season things are not so crazy - Jeff

AnnaJeff's blog ****

th_PIC_1059.jpg

I love Jeff I Love Anna

725325v80m0346dj.gif

xoxoTTT

252682in41fsxg03.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.