sardes

Turkish K-3 filers!!!!

27 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
I just wanted to tell everyone hello. I have a couple (actually probably a thousand) questions. One, in your opinion, how does the consulate in Turkey compare in speed of processing/interviewing to other countries? Two, can a man still be required to do military service if he has this immigration stuff in the works?

I think the post-holidays, mid-winter, tired-of-waiting, missing-my-husband blues have set in. If I had the money, I'd book a flight right now....sighhh

Hi and welcome!

I'm not sure how the Turkish embassy compares in terms of processing times to other consulates.

From the information that me and my fiance have gathered, applying for a visa to the U.S. does not alter one's requirement to fulfill their military duty and is not a reason for delaying one's military service while you are still in Turkey (although you can apply to delay once married in the U.S.) The only reason for delay while still residing in Turkey that I have found is being enrolled in university. One is also able to delay their enrollment for another two years after finishing university/stopping university. But, enrollment cannot be delayed after the age of 29, unless enrolled in a graduate program - from what I understand.

Hope that helps!

Edited by JULIAFERNO

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

- 06/30/2009: Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

- 07/02/2009: AOS packet received

- 07/08/2009: Check cashed

- 07/10/2009: Received all 3 NOA1s

- 07/14/2009: Received biometrics appt.

- 07/29/2009: Case transferred to CSC

- 08/01/2009: Advanced Parole Documents Issued

- 08/06/2009: Biometrics appointment completed

- 08/11/2009: EAD issued (received 8/14)

- 11/12/2009: AOS approved

- 11/20/2009: Green Card in hand!

* Complete timeline in profile under "Signature and Story"

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Thank you! That does help. He just finished up school this week.

Also, does anyone know if USCIS waits until our I-130 comes up before looking at our I-129? Example: The timeline on here for CSC is showing they are looking at I-129 petitions from around Oct. 12, but the I-130's are back in July. Just trying to get an idea of what to expect..... :clock:

Filed: P-2 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Julia yes..I've just checked his one of emails..he says he was on his interview in november 2008.. but isn't it the same reason? name check? As he said to me he emailed to the embassy yesterday and asked when he will get his visa and he just wants to be with his wife.. I am sure you have emailed to the embassy too, what do they say?

By the way I emailed to the embassy yesterday and said I sent all our K-3 documents, hoping evertyhing is order..and also asked an interview date in February.. They emailed me back and said " all appointments are booked for february".. i am still hoping to get the earliest interview date.. they didn't say or ask anything about our documents.. I think it means our documents are okey.. Now i am just waiting for the interview date.. When do you think they can inform us about the date? My husband will buy his flight ticket to Turkey..

Sibel and Julia merhaba,

Italked to Amoure today..he was very happy..because his AP process is over!!! I just wanted give you the news..i think this will be a hope for you..

Talk to you later..

Hi Filiz - that is great news! Thanks for sharing. Although, I think he was in AP for a much shorter time than both Onur and Muhammet, so I don't know what that means. When was his interview?

Edited by sardes

"The truth is, you never know how strong your relationship is until it's tested. All too often, the stress of a crisis can pull a couple apart. But when you do make it through in one piece, you might just find yourselves tighter than ever."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
Julia yes..I've just checked his one of emails..he says he was on his interview in november 2008.. but isn't it the same reason? name check? As he said to me he emailed to the embassy yesterday and asked when he will get his visa and he just wants to be with his wife.. I am sure you have emailed to the embassy too, what do they say?

By the way I emailed to the embassy yesterday and said I sent all our K-3 documents, hoping evertyhing is order..and also asked an interview date in February.. They emailed me back and said " all appointments are booked for february".. i am still hoping to get the earliest interview date.. they didn't say or ask anything about our documents.. I think it means our documents are okey.. Now i am just waiting for the interview date.. When do you think they can inform us about the date? My husband will buy his flight ticket to Turkey..

Sibel and Julia merhaba,

Italked to Amoure today..he was very happy..because his AP process is over!!! I just wanted give you the news..i think this will be a hope for you..

Talk to you later..

Hi Filiz - that is great news! Thanks for sharing. Although, I think he was in AP for a much shorter time than both Onur and Muhammet, so I don't know what that means. When was his interview?

Hi Filiz,

Onur's interview was scheduled for 2 and a half months after the embassy received packet 3 from us. I think Sibel and Muhammet's interview was scheduled for 3 months after they sent in packet 3. As all February dates are booked, it sounds as if your interview will be sometime in March. You should find out in the next week or so what the exact interview date will be.

En iyi deliklerimle,

Julia

P.S. It is odd that amoure's AP was completed in merely 2 months. When Sibel and I visited the embassy in Ankara we were told that AP is currently taking a minimum of 6 months to be completed. Do you know what type of visa he applied for?

Edited by JULIAFERNO

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

- 06/30/2009: Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

- 07/02/2009: AOS packet received

- 07/08/2009: Check cashed

- 07/10/2009: Received all 3 NOA1s

- 07/14/2009: Received biometrics appt.

- 07/29/2009: Case transferred to CSC

- 08/01/2009: Advanced Parole Documents Issued

- 08/06/2009: Biometrics appointment completed

- 08/11/2009: EAD issued (received 8/14)

- 11/12/2009: AOS approved

- 11/20/2009: Green Card in hand!

* Complete timeline in profile under "Signature and Story"

Timeline

Hey Julia,

Thanks for the info about interview date.. Hope to hear from the embassy next week..then my husband will buy his flight ticket..

btw Amoure's visa type is K-3.

"The truth is, you never know how strong your relationship is until it's tested. All too often, the stress of a crisis can pull a couple apart. But when you do make it through in one piece, you might just find yourselves tighter than ever."

Timeline
Thank you! That does help. He just finished up school this week.

Also, does anyone know if USCIS waits until our I-130 comes up before looking at our I-129? Example: The timeline on here for CSC is showing they are looking at I-129 petitions from around Oct. 12, but the I-130's are back in July. Just trying to get an idea of what to expect..... :clock:

Unfortunately--they usually pair the 129f with the 130 for the K-3 so you will hear about them generally at the same time. I received the NOA2 on the same day. You should go by the 130 dates.

Yes, Filiz, you will hear about the interview date very soon--it might not be your ideal day though--mine was 3 months later.

Visa Journey:

Marriage: July 6, 2007

I-130 Sent: August 7, 2007

NOA1: September 24, 2007

I-129F Sent: September 25, 2007

NOA1: October 9, 2007

NOA2: March 7, 2008

Packet 3: March 28, 2008

Interview: June 24, 2008

AP: June 24, 2008

10 months in AP--will this ever end?

I just sent out K-3 forms and related documents to Ankara today! I've checked everything millions of times..i hope everything is fine and we can get the interview date for february!

Good luck to all!

Congratulations Filiz and Erika! I think the average wait time in Turkey for an interview is about 2 months, sometimes sooner (I've seen 3 weeks) and sometimes longer (3 months). You should hear back about your interview date in the next 10 days! :dance:

Yes Julia I have seen the 3 weeks to 3 months wait for an interview......gggrrrrrrrrrr My packet 3 was stupidly sent by USPS and so if it isn't there by Monday we will have to do a search for it. If this is the case I am using DHL or UPS to send it .....AGAIN but because I was so tired and burnt out I didn't make a copy, but have most of it on my computer. The thought of doing it all over again.......OMG I am waiting for the interview date so I can inform my work...geeezzzzzzzzzzzzz

Filiz, my packet 3 is somewhere posted a couple imes on VJ, but I will give you my table of contents here:

TABLE OF CONTENTS

1) Cover letter with contact information as directed

2) Official form signed, stating that copies are permitted to be submitted as long as originals are provided if requested

3) Copy of form I-797 approval of I-129 petition

4) Signed statement requesting extension of I-129 approval if needed (expires on Feb.07, 2009)

5) Fiancé letter of intent, signed

6) Copy of Hamit Demiral’s passport, all pages

7) Original forms: DS-230 part 1, DS-156 in duplicate, DS-156K, DS-157 in duplicate

8) Hamit Demiral’s birth certificate: 1 copy of original, 1 copy of official certified copy

9) Police certificate copy

10) Original form I-134 “Affidavit of Support” and supporting documents in following order: Employer letter, Letter of explanation for 2007 income, copy of last pay stub for 2008 showing gross income for 2008 (will bring 2008 tax return at interview), 2007 W2’s, 2007 tax return transcript copy

11) Copy of English translations: police certificate, birth certificate and signed statement by translator

12) Two passport style photos

13) Evidence of ongoing relationship with table of contents

AND here is the table of contents for the relationship part too:

TABLE OF CONTENTS FOR PROOF OF ONGOING RELATIONSHIP:

1) Letter and story of us with loose timeline included

2) Orbitz email itinerary for Istanbul trip September 2008 including proof of purchase of airline ticket

3) Receipt and postage when I sent Hamit English books in June 2008

4) 5 pages of color copies of my 1st page and all pages with my passport stamps/visas into Turkey and out

5) 5 pages of my and Hamit’s airline tickets, baggage tickets etc for our September trip to Istanbul

6) ATM and other receipts for 09/08 Istanbul

7) Movie ticket stubs/receipt for “Mirrors” we seen together in Istanbul

8) The Akdeniz Hotel business card copy and website page with photos of room we stayed in-- we stayed here in this same room both in May 08 and September 08 (see photos)

9) 3 pages of (12 photos total) pictures of us together and hotel room view from September 2008 trip

10) Supplement to proof of relationship explanation of missing chat logs

11) Screen shots of us on webcam examples

12) 1st page of daily chats: 1 per month included since May 2008

13) I full month of chats 10/2008 1st page only

14) Typical chat, full length (25 pages) example 9/10/2008

15) Random emails from day we met (December 24th 2007) online until recently

16) Telephone text messages from May 2008 until present

I tried to be organized as I am totally against dealing with details-it pains me and so you know this process was torture for a person like me :lol:

Prayers for all of us! Julia you will be together with Onur this year....and sooner rather than later...you just have to be...I know it!

389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Timeline

Erica thanks..

Good job! You are very well prepared.. My visa type is K-3. K3 is a little different from K-1..but many of forms and docs are similar. The embassy received our K-3 package on the Jan 14th. Has they received your package? Unfortunately our interviews can't be scheduled in February..I hope we can get the appointment at least in the first week of the March. I haven't done anything for the interview yet.. I'll start to organize all photos, cards, emails etc.. as soon as i learn the interview date.. The embassy is closed tomorrow.. Hopefully they'll inform me this week. Then my husband will buy his flight ticket to Turkey..I'll get the flight tickets to Ankara..and i should start to plan my moving etc.. There will be too much thing has to be done..

Good luck to all...

Edited by sardes

Erica thanks..

Good job! You are very well prepared.. My visa type is K-3. K3 is a little different from K-1..but many of forms and docs are similar. The embassy received our K-3 package on the Jan 14th. Has they received your package? Unfortunately our interviews can't be scheduled in February..I hope we can get the appointment at least in the first week of the March. I haven't done anything for the interview yet.. I'll start to organize all photos, cards, emails etc.. as soon as i learn the interview date.. The embassy is closed tomorrow.. Hopefully they'll inform me this week. Then my husband will buy his flight ticket to Turkey..I'll get the flight tickets to Ankara..and i should start to plan my moving etc.. There will be too much thing has to be done..

Good luck to all...

Yes Filiz we got our package on November 7th, 2008 and we received the instruction packet December 1st, 2008, but because my daughter was ill and i work so much and trying to get translations and everything organized it took me until January 12th, 2009 to send all the documents to Hamit in Batman, Turkey. It still hasn't arrived in Turkey....sigh..so if it doesn't arrive to Hamit's home by Wednesday I am going to send yet another packet 3 to Hamit, but this time via DHL and NOT the USPS (United States Postal Service). Once Hamit gets my package, he will add in his police record, nufus kayit ornegi, etc, and then send it all complete via UPS to Ankara. I heard through you that Ankara no longer has any February interviews? Wow. Insallah we don't wait until April or May.... :crying:

I know there is so much to be done.....Once I get that interview date in hand though I can inform my employer and buy tickets etc....then once we get there we have to worry about the small chance of not getting the visa and then once in hand we are home free!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

Insallah and prayers to us both!

389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Timeline

Hi guys,

Still waiting for the interview date but I've started to organize everything for the interview. I am thinking to put everything chronological..Photos will be in a file and the emails will be in another file..chronological.. My question is about our emails that we've sent eachother since 2007 summer. Of course I can't print them all.. How I am going to print them out to show that the emails are real..also there will be many pages..Is there anything to avoid this? Am I going to do printscreen or just simple print of email????

Thanks for help!

Edited by sardes

Timeline

Filiz,

Okay the others can help out here too--but they won't ask to see everything at the interview. Pictures of the wedding, definately, but the e-mails, just bring a sampling I would imagine. I wrote 100s of letters to Muhammet, and he brought them all and they were like, "oh, that is the most we have seen!" But, they did not actually read them all, maybe they looked at one, but were more interested in the photos. He took all his phone cards too, but I did not understand the point of that, since it was just and International phone card, and not a record. Bring all you want, but don't get stressed about having every scrap of evidence of your marriage.

Sibel

Visa Journey:

Marriage: July 6, 2007

I-130 Sent: August 7, 2007

NOA1: September 24, 2007

I-129F Sent: September 25, 2007

NOA1: October 9, 2007

NOA2: March 7, 2008

Packet 3: March 28, 2008

Interview: June 24, 2008

AP: June 24, 2008

10 months in AP--will this ever end?

Timeline

Thanks Sibel. You're right. I've printed 2-3 emails from each month..still too many papers...

I called the embassy today to find out if our interview date was scheduled. They said our file has not been processed yet and they will inform me about the interview date once they process the file. I am really frustrated! I sent the documents one week ago. When are they going to process it and inform us about the date :(

Edited by sardes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.