sardes

Turkish K-3 filers!!!!

27 posts in this topic

Filed: P-2 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Merhaba :)

This is a great place to share experiences and give strength to one another. I met Sibel, Berrin and Julia here.. Sibel and I also met in person :) I got much support from you all.. Thanks.

I know Sibel and Julia's case.. I am wishing lots of luck! This should be the hardest period in our relationships.. After we make it through our marriages will be much stronger and the other problems in the relationship will seem very little.. I've read something the other day i just wanted share.. it explains us i think :)

"The truth is, you never know how strong your relationship is until it's tested. All too often, the stress of a crisis can pull a couple apart. But when you do make it through in one piece, you might just find yourselves tighter than ever."

My husband and I will send our package 3 very soon and hope to get the interview date in February.. After I read some negative interview experiences here I have to say that I am getting nervous for the interview.. My husband will come to the interview with me..just wishing to go back home together..

I am sure we all will make this in one peace and give each other good news very soon...

Edited by sardes

"The truth is, you never know how strong your relationship is until it's tested. All too often, the stress of a crisis can pull a couple apart. But when you do make it through in one piece, you might just find yourselves tighter than ever."

This is a great place to share experiences and give strength to one another. I met Sibel, Berrin and Julia here.. Sibel and I also met in person :) I got much support from you all.. Thanks.

I know Sibel and Julia's case.. I am wishing lots of luck! This should be the hardest period in our relationships.. After we make it through our marriages will be much stronger and the other problems in the relationship will seem very little.. I've read something the other day i just wanted share.. it explains us i think :)

My husband and I will send our package 3 very soon and hope to get the interview date in February.. After I read some negative interview experiences here I have to say that I am getting nervous for the interview.. My husband will come to the interview with me..just wishing to go back home together..

I am sure we all will make this in one peace and give each other good news very soon...

Hello! I am getting ready to send my package 3 in also and wishing for a feb or mar intreview in Ankara. Are you going to be able to go to the interview?

389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Wishing you both speedy interview dates and pleasant outcomes! Don't worry Filiz--you will do fine at your interview, you are confident, knowledgeable, and love your husband--who could ask for anything more?

Sibel

Visa Journey:

Marriage: July 6, 2007

I-130 Sent: August 7, 2007

NOA1: September 24, 2007

I-129F Sent: September 25, 2007

NOA1: October 9, 2007

NOA2: March 7, 2008

Packet 3: March 28, 2008

Interview: June 24, 2008

AP: June 24, 2008

10 months in AP--will this ever end?

Timeline

Thank you Sibel! my best wishes with you as well...I had a dream last night..my husband was here and we were flying back home together :)

Yes my husband -who will come from NY- and I will go to the interview together. We think if he can be at the interview with me, the interview will be smoother.. also I don't think we can visit Turkey this summer, so this will be a good chance for my husband to see my family as well.. actually my parents don't speak english and he can't speak turkish other than saying annecim, babacim,seni seviyorum etc..but they get along very well.. :)) Also it will be easier to say good bye to my family if i leave turkey with him...

Hello! I am getting ready to send my package 3 in also and wishing for a feb or mar intreview in Ankara. Are you going to be able to go to the interview?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

You are so right, Sardes. It takes a strong and committed couple to make it through this process without completely falling apart. I never thought I would be capable of enduring something like this, but it is my love for Onur and his love for me that makes it possible. It is all so bittersweet!

I believe that your interview will go just fine - as a woman, I think you have a smaller chance of AP. Do you have a common name? The more common the name, the more likely AP. Onur has a very common first and last name. There are 100 people on facebook alone with the same name as him.

Thanks for your encouraging words! Keep us updated on your progress.

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

- 06/30/2009: Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

- 07/02/2009: AOS packet received

- 07/08/2009: Check cashed

- 07/10/2009: Received all 3 NOA1s

- 07/14/2009: Received biometrics appt.

- 07/29/2009: Case transferred to CSC

- 08/01/2009: Advanced Parole Documents Issued

- 08/06/2009: Biometrics appointment completed

- 08/11/2009: EAD issued (received 8/14)

- 11/12/2009: AOS approved

- 11/20/2009: Green Card in hand!

* Complete timeline in profile under "Signature and Story"

Timeline

Thanks Julia! My name is Filiz.. My maiden name is really unique! When I search my name on google i just see myself :)) I work for a public relations agency..so my name is only on the press releases that i wrote for my clients..There is nobody else by this name..I am the only one by this name in the world..Ha ha!

I wish to hear your good news very soon!

Edited by sardes

Timeline

I just sent out K-3 forms and related documents to Ankara today! I've checked everything millions of times..i hope everything is fine and we can get the interview date for february!

Good luck to all!

I just sent out K-3 forms and related documents to Ankara today! I've checked everything millions of times..i hope everything is fine and we can get the interview date for february!

Good luck to all!

I mailed my packet 3 to Hamit in Turkey 2 days ago. He should get it in less than a week, but we are hoping for a March interview...anyhow we will both see! I asked to have all of March off....so hopefully. Keep us updated...I want to see how far out Ankara is doing the interviews after packet 3 is received. What did you send Sardes? Did you see my list? :lol:

389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Timeline

Hi Erica,

My husband sent his papers (I-130 form, tax returns, pay stubs, w2 forms, copy of noa2) on Monday morning.. I got them this morning.. It took 2 days with UPS..

I've filled out DS-230 Part I, 2 forms of DS-156.. I don't need to fill out DS-157 because it is for the iranian and turkish male.. also full copy of my passport, the original birth certificate and its translation and copy, the original (because they asked me to send the original) marriage certificate and its translation and full copy of it, the police certificate and i put 4 photos (just in case extra 2).. Also i filled out the form that was in the end of the K3 instructions which the us embassy e-mailed me.. It was Turkish so i filled that form in turkish.. but i downloaded all the other forms in english from the embassy's website and filled them out. I've checked everything many times.. I hope everything is ok.. and we can get the interview date before the march.. I'll keep you posted when they inform me about date. We may see you in Ankara!

btw i haven't seen your list :)

Gorusmek uzere...

Edited by sardes

Timeline

Good luck to all!

Congratulations Filiz and Erika! I think the average wait time in Turkey for an interview is about 2 months, sometimes sooner (I've seen 3 weeks) and sometimes longer (3 months). You should hear back about your interview date in the next 10 days! :dance:

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

Timeline

Oh, we are all anxious to find out the date of your interviews--please keep us posted!

Visa Journey:

Marriage: July 6, 2007

I-130 Sent: August 7, 2007

NOA1: September 24, 2007

I-129F Sent: September 25, 2007

NOA1: October 9, 2007

NOA2: March 7, 2008

Packet 3: March 28, 2008

Interview: June 24, 2008

AP: June 24, 2008

10 months in AP--will this ever end?

Timeline

Thank you Sibel and Julia! We'll keep you posted.. My best wishes with you also.. I hope to hear your good news very soon!!!

Timeline

Sibel and Julia merhaba,

Italked to Amoure today..he was very happy..because his AP process is over!!! I just wanted give you the news..i think this will be a hope for you..

Talk to you later..

Timeline
Sibel and Julia merhaba,

Italked to Amoure today..he was very happy..because his AP process is over!!! I just wanted give you the news..i think this will be a hope for you..

Talk to you later..

Hi Filiz - that is great news! Thanks for sharing. Although, I think he was in AP for a much shorter time than both Onur and Muhammet, so I don't know what that means. When was his interview?

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

Timeline

I just wanted to tell everyone hello. I have a couple (actually probably a thousand) questions. One, in your opinion, how does the consulate in Turkey compare in speed of processing/interviewing to other countries? Two, can a man still be required to do military service if he has this immigration stuff in the works?

I think the post-holidays, mid-winter, tired-of-waiting, missing-my-husband blues have set in. If I had the money, I'd book a flight right now....sighhh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.