skparker

Change in plans, Staying in country a week longer, problem?

7 posts in this topic

Hello all and thank you before hand with your replys.

So my fiance lives in the UK and I live here in the US (chicago). He flew into chicago on the 29th (december) and was staying til today. He doesn't want to leave just yet, as there is no work for him back home right now (its just really slow). So he was originally supposed to leave the 8th and we rescheduled his flight for the 17th instead.

Will this create any problems with the fiance visa we filed in October or will it create problems when he tries to come and visit again?

I was going to create a few letters for the immigration people stating that I had a family emergency and such and needed him there for support. I don't think it should be a problem because he can be in the US for 90 days anyway because of the Visa Waiver Program. I am just worried that immigration services will see that he slightly overstayed....I am just hoping it won't become a problem.

Question in the end is, has anyone ever over stayed their visit and had problems returning to the US to visit, or vise versa?

Thanks again :thumbs:

K-1 Journey - Please see our timeline

Got IL Drivers License: 7-18-09

New Job Started: 7-20-09

I-485

Sent: 5-20-09

Arrived: 5-25-09 (date on NOA1)

Cashed check: 6-2-09

NOA Date: 6-1-09

Touch: 6-3-09

Touch 6-5-09

Bio Apt Letter Received: 6-8-09 (letter dated 6-4-09)

Biometrics Apt: 6-19-09 @ 8:00AM DONE

Transfer Date: 6-19-09 to California Service Center

Touch: 6-22-09

Touch: 6-25-09

Touch: 8-17-09

Approval Date: 10-8-09 Card production & 10-14-09

Green Card Received: 10-17-09

EAD

Touch: 6-5-09

Touch: 6-22-09 (received and pending)

Card Production Ordered: 7-7-09

Touch: 7-8-09

Received Card in Mail: 7-10-09

AP

Approval Date: 6-30-09

Uscis says we were approved 6-30-09 but nothing was updated until 7-2-09 and i didnt receive any email until 7-2-09 from CRIS

Received in Mail : 7-6-09

File I-751: 7/2011

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

So my fiance lives in the UK and I live here in the US (chicago). He flew into chicago on the 29th (december) and was staying til today. He doesn't want to leave just yet, as there is no work for him back home right now (its just really slow). So he was originally supposed to leave the 8th and we rescheduled his flight for the 17th instead.

Will this create any problems with the fiance visa we filed in October or will it create problems when he tries to come and visit again?

I was going to create a few letters for the immigration people stating that I had a family emergency and such and needed him there for support. I don't think it should be a problem because he can be in the US for 90 days anyway because of the Visa Waiver Program. I am just worried that immigration services will see that he slightly overstayed....I am just hoping it won't become a problem.

Question in the end is, has anyone ever over stayed their visit and had problems returning to the US to visit, or vise versa?

Only if this would constitute an overstay of the time allowed when he entered. Was he allowed some other specific period of stay than 90 days?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Most are allowed to stay 3 months at a time, if thats the case then he can stay another week or month if he wanted :)

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Only if this would constitute an overstay of the time allowed when he entered. Was he allowed some other specific period of stay than 90 days?

He has NEVER stayed in the US longer then 13 days. Its usually just short visits here in the form of 7 to 13 days at a time. We usually see each other every 1.5-2.5 months with travel from each others countries.

K-1 Journey - Please see our timeline

Got IL Drivers License: 7-18-09

New Job Started: 7-20-09

I-485

Cashed check: 6-2-09

Touch 6-5-09

Transfer Date: 6-19-09 to California Service Center

Touch: 6-22-09

Touch: 6-25-09

Touch: 8-17-09

Approval Date: 10-8-09 Card production & 10-14-09

Green Card Received: 10-17-09

EAD

Touch: 6-22-09 (received and pending)

Card Production Ordered: 7-7-09

Touch: 7-8-09

Received Card in Mail: 7-10-09

AP

Approval Date: 6-30-09

Uscis says we were approved 6-30-09 but nothing was updated until 7-2-09 and i didnt receive any email until 7-2-09 from CRIS

Received in Mail : 7-6-09

File I-751: 7/2011

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

As long as he doesn't go beyond the date on his I-94 (arrival/departure record) he has not overstayed. I'm sure lots of people change their plans. :)

timeline.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.