Krikit

Weather & Road Report

842 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I just lit the fire! Rainy days and fireplaces go hand in hand. :)

Yes, I noticed that Thursdays... and especially Fridays.... have very reduced volume. For me, I would go in on Fridays because no one else was there so I could get more accomplished, then work from home on Mondays instead.

iagree.gif

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Found out today through my sister that the it's actually warmer in Quebec today than it is here! :huh: (Here being Virginia)

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We have had a steady downpour for 24 hours now. There are rivers of water running everywhere. I like the rain. :)

Can I have some of that? We got 0.09 inches of rain in September, and It hasn't rained at all in weeks. Almost everything is dead, including our grass. And it's windy, so I get to deal with those fantastic tumbleweeds and walls of dust. I thought I moved to Colorado, not New Mexico :hehe:

You get tumbleweeds? That's cool.

Yeah, we had some pretty great rainshowers and wind gusts. Lots of flooding. In fact, I thought it was pretty awesome that the radio kept cutting in with the emergency broadcast system warning of the floods. I can't say I recall Canada ever cutting into a radio program to warn of weather conditions. It was just in the regular news reports or on-air chatter. Definitely not the emergency broadcast system.

iagree.gif

Timeline

Thunderstorms without rain are wierd.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

You get tumbleweeds? That's cool.

Yeah, we had some pretty great rainshowers and wind gusts. Lots of flooding. In fact, I thought it was pretty awesome that the radio kept cutting in with the emergency broadcast system warning of the floods. I can't say I recall Canada ever cutting into a radio program to warn of weather conditions. It was just in the regular news reports or on-air chatter. Definitely not the emergency broadcast system.

Yep, darn tumbleweeds. I was really amused by them at first, but that changed really quickly. They get pretty big, so you hit them with your car and then drag them several miles before they'll let go. It's fun watching people drive down the road shaking their wheels back and forth like they're in a nascar race under caution, trying to shake the weed off the front of the car :lol:

We get the emergency broadcasts a lot in the spring/summer when we have Tornado warnings. I don't remember having anything like that in Canada, but it may have been because there weren't any extreme weather events to be on alert about? Here we get anything from Tornado warnings, extreme thunderstorm warnings and flash flood warnings to blizzard warnings. It's a state of diverse weather events I guess!

Thunderstorms without rain are weird! In the winter sometimes we get "thundersnow" Which is pretty funky.

We get the emergency broadcasts a lot in the spring/summer when we have Tornado warnings. I don't remember having anything like that in Canada, but it may have been because there weren't any extreme weather events to be on alert about?

What?!! Southern Ontario is tornado alley!!! I've been in a few of them. And what about the winter snow and ice storms?! How long have you been in the US? LOL

iagree.gif

Timeline

What?!! Southern Ontario is tornado alley!!! I've been in a few of them. And what about the winter snow and ice storms?! How long have you been in the US? LOL

Too long apparently! :lol: In my 21 years in Southern Ontario, I remember 1 tornado warning. I think something happened in Hamilton or something like that. Down in my corner, nothing. And yes, Ice storms sucked! But I don't think it was ever weather alert worthy. They would usually come in slow and you'd wake up the next morning and couldn't go anywhere.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Rain, rain and more rain here in NJ. Flood watches here as well but it's quite balmy...60 degrees right now. Headed for low 40s and flurries by Saturday.

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Timeline

Well, we did it. We turned the heat on for the season. Tonight's forecast low is 21 degrees and tomorrow's high is only going to be around 44 and windy. Today was 44 and windy and yesterday was 45 and windy but overnight it only went to about 32 so we were able to keep enough warmth in the house during the day to stay warm enough overnight. The coldest it got indoors was 58. We keep the house set at 64 and as it is now 63 inside and 38 outside - I don't think we can buy another day without heat unless we want to be really uncomfortable!

This cold spell is about 15 degrees below normal for us. Welcome to Georgia, new Canadian arrivals! You brought the Canadian weather with you! :P

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Whoa. You guys are hardy. I've had the heat on for weeks. We have two HVAC's so I keep the upstairs heat at 66 and the main floor (and downstairs) heat at 70. If I sit still for too long I also put the fire on because I tend to get chilly with inactivity. I think this extra HFCS weight I've put dry.gif on has insulated me from some of the cold, because I used to be freezing all the time. I did NOT like that big wind yesterday. It had the wind chill factor in the 20's somewhere. Reminded me of Canada. cold.gif

iagree.gif

Timeline

We had our first dusting of snow this morning in central NJ. It's gone now but still a chilly 32.

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We've got 6 inches of snow and anticipating 2-3 more inches by tomorrow. :(

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.