842 posts in this topic

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so cold here you almost need a winter coat :(

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Timeline
Can't wait. :D Will be good to come during late Fall/Winter so it's not a huge shock for hubby during summer.

That's for sure. I know all my BC relatives/friends could not take the heat and humidity of an Ontario summer, let alone a Florida one. I hope your husband will be okay. Landing here in the Fall/Winter so he can adjust slowly is a good move. :lol:

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Can't wait. :D Will be good to come during late Fall/Winter so it's not a huge shock for hubby during summer.

That's for sure. I know all my BC relatives/friends could not take the heat and humidity of an Ontario summer, let alone a Florida one. I hope your husband will be okay. Landing here in the Fall/Winter so he can adjust slowly is a good move. :lol:

You mean be lulled in to a false sense of normal weather !

Actually my second summer in Florida was much much better than the first, just takes some getting used to. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well today can accurately be described as 'pregnant with rain'. Everything is gray and overcast with nary a breath of air. It's only 80 degrees so quite comfortable, although very humid.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Ok - it's no longer pregnant - the skies have given birth and we are having downpours complete with thunder and lightning and high winds. We got 5 inches of rain the day before yesterday and it looks like we are in for a few more inches of rain by the time this stops sometime tomorrow. I think we will lose a lot of our tomatoes - too much rain for them at the wrong time.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

we need some rain over here.. there are a couple big fires going on here... one is pretty close to where we live.. we are not in danger or anything but if you drive down the freeway you can see the big cloud of smoke in the mountains.. first time since I have moved here that I have seen that.....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Something close by got struck by lightning during the storm. I was indoors looking out the window and saw the lightning and heard a 'sizzle' at the same time as the lightning struck somewhere over top of the hill and there was a flash with an instantaneous, horrendously loud bang of thunder that vibrated the house. There were no sirens right afterwards so it was either the ground or a tree instead of a building. I'll have to see if I can see anything when I go out tomorrow - it was in the vicinity of the entrance to our subdivision. I've never heard lightning 'sizzle' while being inside a building before :o

Edited by Kathryn41

Timeline

Whoa, that's creepy, Kathryn! In July, we had a bad thunderstorm roll through Vancouver one Saturday night. We were sitting in our living room with my aunt and her boyfriend eating dinner and watching the light show. Lightning struck one of the transformer's just up the road and it exploded - lots of sparks and bright light. Was unreal!

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Filed: Timeline
Something close by got struck by lightning during the storm. I was indoors looking out the window and saw the lightning and heard a 'sizzle' at the same time as the lightning struck somewhere over top of the hill and there was a flash with an instantaneous, horrendously loud bang of thunder that vibrated the house. There were no sirens right afterwards so it was either the ground or a tree instead of a building. I'll have to see if I can see anything when I go out tomorrow - it was in the vicinity of the entrance to our subdivision. I've never heard lightning 'sizzle' while being inside a building before :o

Wow. Cool.

iagree.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

It's cool and windy here today, with lots of sunshine. It's getting chillier at night. Low of like 8 last night and around the same for the rest of the week with highs around 20.

Actually had to put the quilt on the bed last night!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.