Krikit

Weather & Road Report

842 posts in this topic

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 inches of snow yesterday. It is deep enough in the back yard that my husband shoveled a path for the dog....who is an Alaskan malamute!

My sister lives in Kentucky, where they were predicting up to 2 inches of ice from the same storm. Considering they underestimated the snowfall we would get (usually it is the opposite), I'm really kind of worried about her.

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

I witnessed a six car pile up today. Bridge had ice. Driver saw the school zone warning flashing, hit the brakes on the bridge. It is common here, most people here never driven on ice or snow. :wacko:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We're in Kentucky and it is/was nasty. We were very lucky here. We lost the roof of the front porch. Well, we didn't lose it... it's just lying *on* the front porch now. We have numerous trees and branches down everywhere, but we managed to keep electricity. They are estimating over 200,000 people without power, and at least 7-10 days before it's restored. They declared a State of Emergency here and in Indiana.

I think the final totals were between 1 1/2 to 2 inches of ice, then around 3 inches of snow on top of that here in Louisville. I didn't sleep a wink Tuesday night. We live in a trailer, surrounded by huge trees and every minute or so you could here a loud crack, then the crash of ice/branches falling. I finally tried to lay down around 2am, but every time I would hear another branch fall, I would be up running from window to window, checking on the kids etc. Like I said, the roof of the porch collapsed, and we were trapped inside until my father came over and cleared enough away from the door to open it a bit and slide out. We have a few large limbs on the trailer, but thankfully, not too much damage. Very very very lucky.

Alf & Christy’s Journey

4/05/2005 - I met the love of my life

11/21/2006 - First meeting in person <3 (Alf in Kentucky)

5/21/2007 - Second meeting in person (Alf in Kentucky)

5/30/2007 - First trip to Vancouver! (Christy in Canada)

6/13/2007 - Beautiful, romantic proposal :)

7/26/2007 – Application mailed to VSC

04/07/08 - INTERVIEW!!!! @1pm - APPROVED!! :))

04/09/2008 - Moving day!!

04/10/2008 - Alf will finally be home!

05/31/2008 - Wedding! :)http://www.flickr.com/photos/ctrubenbach

The journey continues...

09/10/2008 - Mailed AOS package

09/16/2008 - NOA1 received (all 3)

09/25/2008 - Biometrics letter

10/02/2008 - Case transferred to CSC

10/09/2008 - Biometrics Appointment

11/26/2008 - EAD Card production ordered/AP approved!! :)

12/04/2008 - AP documents received

12/06/2008 - EAD Card in hand!

12/08/2008 - Applied for SSN

02/10/2009 - Social Security card *finally* received

02/23/2009 - Notice of Welcome Letter sent!! :D

Filed: Timeline
We're in Kentucky and it is/was nasty. We were very lucky here. We lost the roof of the front porch. Well, we didn't lose it... it's just lying *on* the front porch now. We have numerous trees and branches down everywhere, but we managed to keep electricity. They are estimating over 200,000 people without power, and at least 7-10 days before it's restored. They declared a State of Emergency here and in Indiana.

I think the final totals were between 1 1/2 to 2 inches of ice, then around 3 inches of snow on top of that here in Louisville. I didn't sleep a wink Tuesday night. We live in a trailer, surrounded by huge trees and every minute or so you could here a loud crack, then the crash of ice/branches falling. I finally tried to lay down around 2am, but every time I would hear another branch fall, I would be up running from window to window, checking on the kids etc. Like I said, the roof of the porch collapsed, and we were trapped inside until my father came over and cleared enough away from the door to open it a bit and slide out. We have a few large limbs on the trailer, but thankfully, not too much damage. Very very very lucky.

WOW!!!!!!! :o Glad you're all safe, Aaralyn.

iagree.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank Krikit... we are too ;)

My sis and best friend are both without power. Sis is staying with friends... 5 adults, 4 kids, a ferret, and 4 big dogs (boxers). :blink: I think it's a 3 bedroom house... I would be out of my mind.

Edited by Aaralyn

Alf & Christy’s Journey

4/05/2005 - I met the love of my life

11/21/2006 - First meeting in person <3 (Alf in Kentucky)

5/21/2007 - Second meeting in person (Alf in Kentucky)

5/30/2007 - First trip to Vancouver! (Christy in Canada)

6/13/2007 - Beautiful, romantic proposal :)

7/26/2007 – Application mailed to VSC

04/07/08 - INTERVIEW!!!! @1pm - APPROVED!! :))

04/09/2008 - Moving day!!

04/10/2008 - Alf will finally be home!

05/31/2008 - Wedding! :)http://www.flickr.com/photos/ctrubenbach

The journey continues...

09/10/2008 - Mailed AOS package

09/16/2008 - NOA1 received (all 3)

09/25/2008 - Biometrics letter

10/02/2008 - Case transferred to CSC

10/09/2008 - Biometrics Appointment

11/26/2008 - EAD Card production ordered/AP approved!! :)

12/04/2008 - AP documents received

12/06/2008 - EAD Card in hand!

12/08/2008 - Applied for SSN

02/10/2009 - Social Security card *finally* received

02/23/2009 - Notice of Welcome Letter sent!! :D

Filed: Timeline

56 and still raining here. I had to go and rescue the plants I had put out there yesterday. They were drowning. Kinda hard to go for my daily walk in that, too. Especially since I haven't been able to find a proper raincoat anywhere. I even looked everywhere in England and couldn't find one! :o What the heck?! :bonk:

Oh, speaking of coats. I'm going to need a winter one before we head back to Canada. I sure hope Burlington Coat Factory has a sale on them by then, because I refuse to pay full price for something I'm going to use for a week. :lol:

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
56 and still raining here. I had to go and rescue the plants I had put out there yesterday. They were drowning. Kinda hard to go for my daily walk in that, too. Especially since I haven't been able to find a proper raincoat anywhere. I even looked everywhere in England and couldn't find one! :o What the heck?! :bonk:

Oh, speaking of coats. I'm going to need a winter one before we head back to Canada. I sure hope Burlington Coat Factory has a sale on them by then, because I refuse to pay full price for something I'm going to use for a week. :lol:

10 degrees (50 F) here and raining. At least the cat doesn't really want to go out much.

Timeline
10 degrees (50 F) here and raining. At least the cat doesn't really want to go out much.

We're now at 54. It's just dropped two degrees in the last hour! :o Haha, the cat. Does she poke her nose out and sniff, with a paw hesitantly in the air? LOL

:lol:

She probably would like one of these (maybe you could get one too??)

Nice_Rain_Coat.jpg

Timeline
All I can hear right now is people scraping ice and cars trying to get traction on ice.. I'm taking that it's cold and icy out there this am.. could be tricky on the walk into work :P

Ahhhh, memories. :luv:

Everytime I see this I think of that thread where you sang memorieees :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.