Big Papa Zone

Countdown

229 posts in this topic

Awesome advice.

I left everything to the last week or so too, and only started getting stressed towards the end when there were millions of things I couldn't shift. I would come back from going out with my friends (who wanted to spend every minute with me) to my room that looked like an obstacle course with all sorts of fun piles!

I kept asking friends what they wanted and they never ended up giving me a definite answer (more like "hmm what kinda books? yeah I'll come over soon and have a look" when there were days to spare) and stuff wasn't being sold on amazon because I left it too late. I ended up giving loads of books, clothes and random ####### to the charity shop - and then giving my best friend TONS of things to take in her car (including a hamster).

I know this is naughty, but I also just LEFT things on the actual day because my coach was arriving and I didn't have time. Whoever got my old room was either very happy or very annoyed. :P

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Awesome advice.

One tries one's best B)

I know this is naughty, but I also just LEFT things on the actual day because my coach was arriving and I didn't have time. Whoever got my old room was either very happy or very annoyed. :P

:lol:

I did this too. I was so fvcked on the morning I left, I just looked around the house at the assortment of clothes, kitchen utensils, and other nic-nacs that I'd not been arsed to shift and thought, "meh....bollox.." and just pissed off. :lol:

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

:lol:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one. Everyone else here seems to be so organised and set on clearing everything that I felt a little bit ashamed.

Nik left a lot of stuff at his parents'. Actually, when he moved to London, he left a lot of stuff at his parents', and this move wasn't much different. ;) We will be bringing one suit case over and two (or three) back for a couple of years.....

I guess he was "lucky" in that he had never established his own house hold with kitchen utensils and big furniture - always living with others, so not a lot of that sort of stuff to have to deal with.

Moving can be hard! I asked some people to come and help me move furniture and such that wouldn't fit in my car, and when my mother arrived to find I hadn't boxed up anything (I was going to take it in my car myself....later! I swear!) she was fuming. Ha!

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.