Big Papa Zone

Countdown

229 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I've been having this conversation on the phone with certain other VJ'ers, so I thought it might be an idea to put it up here, see what plans those of us fortunate to have visa-in-hand are making.

I'm all set to fly March 31st. I told my boss as soon as I got the visa in October (because she's one damn fine lady) so work know I'm off, as do all friends and family. I have to admit I did have a little "####### am I doing" moment for a bit, but totally over that now and just wanna GO!!!

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I told my supervisor in a verbal way but I haven't resigned yet with a formal letter. My idea is not to leave pending matters here at work. He knows I will leave.

My interview is on March. I started selling unwanted stuffs and cleaning my son and myself closets. :thumbs:

Edited by YMR

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

No visa yet, but I'm aiming to leave end of August (so I get my bonus and run!). My boss and colleagues knew when I first started in this department that I would be leaving for the US and they are always asking me whether I've had any knews on the visa.

I told my Director, very drunkenly, at the Christmas party that I was leaving!

I've been having this conversation on the phone with certain other VJ'ers, so I thought it might be an idea to put it up here, see what plans those of us fortunate to have visa-in-hand are making.

I'm all set to fly March 31st. I told my boss as soon as I got the visa in October (because she's one damn fine lady) so work know I'm off, as do all friends and family. I have to admit I did have a little "####### am I doing" moment for a bit, but totally over that now and just wanna GO!!!

WOy YOY Dames!! Mate I've noticed you're writing the date March 31st instead of 31st March.lol.

I am here til 'April 10th'lol and pray time flies by quicker than it has...my employer knew the moment I got back from my interview in October too. They are begging me to stay. NOT A CHANCE. Clearing debt out that seems to find me all the time and any other sale in my wardrobe before I depart into the loving arms of my other heart I left in Seattle. COME ON!!! :P

No visa yet, but I'm aiming to leave end of August (so I get my bonus and run!). My boss and colleagues knew when I first started in this department that I would be leaving for the US and they are always asking me whether I've had any knews on the visa.

Good on ya!! I hope you get your interview and visa soon!! :thumbs: Come August come hither!!

Timeline

That's always risky, Laura: "Oi...............I'm leaving you c**t.....................yeah that's right............f**k you.........."

:rofl:

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That's always risky, Laura: "Oi...............I'm leaving you c**t.....................yeah that's right............f**k you.........."

:rofl:

I think he was the only person in the dept that didn't know I was marrying an American and leaving for the US. I had to check the next day wether I had said anything I shouldn't have. Apparently I was just very animated telling him what a wonderful person Tom was and dug around in my handbag for a pic I could show him.

Luckily I haven't seen him this year yet.

well I sent my packet 3 off today so as soon as I get the visa in hand I will resign give a months notice and then after that take a couple of weeks to tie up loose ends and off I go, so at the moment I still dont have a fuckin clue ha ha

I have not told my bosses about it as thought that it might effect my bonus but we did not get one this year anyways........bastards

But Daymo me old mucker you will be kept informed of the proceedings you never know we might be flying out on the same day, hope I get my interview soon

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Don't have the visa just yet, but Sarah's interview is Jan 13th, and we're set for her to move here February 11th!

Not long to go now!

K1 Visa Process:

I-129F Sent : 2008-05-23

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-05-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-10-01

NVC Received : 2008-10-03

NVC Left : 2008-10-21

Consulate Received : 2008-10-24

Packet 3 Received : 2008-11-06

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-11-10

Packet 4 Received : 2008-12-04

Interview Date : 2009-01-13 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

Visa Received : 2009-01-19

US Entry : 2009-02-11

AOS:

Date Filed : 2009-04-14

NOA Date : 2009-04-20

Bio. Appt. : 2009-04-30

AOS Transfer: 2009-05-06

Approval / Denial Date : 2009-08-07 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Greencard Received: 2009-08-21

ROC:

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2011-07-22

NOA Date : 2011-07-25

Bio. Appt. : 2011-08-25

Approved : 2011-10-21 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Green Card Received : 2011-10-26

event.png

Timeline

T minus 82 days.

Another day, another dollar. I'm on a serious wind-down now, slowly but surely transfering all my responsibilities to my number 2. He can't wait for me to #### off so he can take my position. :lol: .

Oh, and Shaz/Dor, virgin and sex pest were both officially fired yesterday! :dance: Fair play to virgin, he fell on his sword before I shoved it up his #######, thus saving us a load of HR grief. Sex pest says he's gonna appeal, but I know who's hearing the appeal, and she's gonna tell him to #### off! :dance:

Life is good right about now. B)

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Spurs and I fly back tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM. It's crazy--I can't believe this is all really happening! Of course, I just had a massive vent at our letting agent about our landlord here, so it's probably good that we're getting out of town before he can really make our lives miserable...

Not to wax too poetic, but I am really, really going to miss Birmingham. I'm looking out of our front window over the city centre--the new Town Hall, the clock tower, the library, and Victoria Square, and it's really, really beautiful. I hope we come back soon.

Spurs and I fly back tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM. It's crazy--I can't believe this is all really happening! Of course, I just had a massive vent at our letting agent about our landlord here, so it's probably good that we're getting out of town before he can really make our lives miserable...

Not to wax too poetic, but I am really, really going to miss Birmingham. I'm looking out of our front window over the city centre--the new Town Hall, the clock tower, the library, and Victoria Square, and it's really, really beautiful. I hope we come back soon.

I wish you both all the luck in the world, good luck with wedding and aos

Let us know how it goes

yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee for you

Shaz

Have my interview 20th Jan, flight booked for 28th !

I cant wait!!!

K1 129 days to approval

K1 179 days to interview

EAD 45 days to approval

AP 45 days to approval

AOS 69 days to approval

30676823812870142081311.th.jpg 29163923186364479831311.th.jpg 24342521234856493351311.th.jpg 28087022132678138331311.th.jpg

Nick and I in Sept '11, 2 pics of Ryan - 2 yrs old - handsome as EVER!, and one of the whole family (including Shan's mom) at Becca's 16th birthday dinner.

tND8m4.png

Timeline

I've heard Brum called a lot of things, VS, but never beautiful!!!! :lol: But you know what? I'm really gonna miss it too. It's the people that make any place what it is, and Brummies are the best bunch you could wish to find.

T minus 81 days.

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.