BePatience

JANUARY APPROVAL, Let's do NVC together

534 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
Do I need to send my original birth certificate as part of the DS-230 package? I have my wife's original and a notorized copy already in the package.

Agree with sonia. No need to send yours only beneficiary BC needed.

Hello...Waithatter....Please explain me the rule for flipping an interview..... Lets say, my interview date is on April 6 for K3. Do I notify this to NVC when my case is complete? Do I have to send a copy or something to NVC or an application to make my schedule on April 6 for CR1?

Thanks...

Sonia

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
Do I need to send my original birth certificate as part of the DS-230 package? I have my wife's original and a notorized copy already in the package.

Hello...Waithatter....Please explain me the rule for flipping an interview..... Lets say, my interview date is on April 6 for K3. Do I notify this to NVC when my case is complete? Do I have to send a copy or something to NVC or an application to make my schedule on April 6 for CR1?

Thanks...

Sonia

Hello Sonia,

No you dont notify NVC about your k3 and even if you notify them they cant do anything about fliping your k3 into cr1. To flip k3 into cr1 you have to ask ask dhaka embassy for the procedure. if your cr1 case is complete and nvc assign interview date on 2nd week of march for april then your file should reach dhaka embassy before your k3 interview date then you can ask dhaka embassy to perform cr1 interview date on k3 interview date. Mostly all consulate/embassy are willing to convert k3 into cr1 if cr1 file is in there premises.

Good luck!

U.S. Passport

xx-xx-2012: Passport application sent

I-130 petition for Sibling

07-19-2012: Sent I-130 via Priority mail

07-23-2012: I-130 received by PHX lbx (forwarded to california)

07-23-2012: Priority date

07-30-2012: I-797 receipt received

1. CR1 [Completed: 2009/Total Days: 325]

2. ROC [Completed: 2011/Total Days: 222]

3. CITIZENSHIP [Completed: 2012/Total Days: 125]

4. US PASSPORT [Completed: 2012/Total Days: ]

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hey, just wanted to update you guys that my wife was able to put in the request for the Passport PCC at the Ahmedabad passport office today. I should have the scan by Thursday. I'm almost there :)

The Journey Home
04/27/2009 - POE at JFK (Quick and Easy!!!!)
05/07/2009 - Applied for SSN
05/09/2009 - Welcome Letter Received
05/14/2009 - SSN Received
05/11/2009 - GC Production Ordered
06/12/2009 - GC Production Ordered (AGAIN ?!?!?!)
06/19/2009 - Alien Registration Approval notice email
06/22/2009 - 2 Year Green Card Received!!!!!!

Naturalization
02/06/2013 - Application Sent
02/13/2013 - NOA (Priority Date Feb 8th)
02/13/2013 - Biometrics Appt. Letter Received
02/21/2013 - Early Bio Appt. (Original March 15th)
02/26/2013 - Place Inline for Interview

04/24/2013 - Interview scheduled

05/31/2013 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

XX/XX/2013 - Oath Ceremony

@@@ Anyone @@@

Okay I was able to call the NVC Live Operator in regards to my AVR message on 20th for my RFE. I found out that I need an original Birth Certificate of my wife. The NSO in the PHILIPPINES do not give it the original birth certificate instead they give u the copy versions of the ORIGINAL BC. I talked to nice lady there and she said she will put NOTE on my case. The BC was from the NVC and as far as the actual original of BC, they don't exist no more as NSO converted to their system. Anyone from the past have this problem...if your reading this.

I told the lady that NSO gave us the copy of the BC... not the actual original as they don't exist no more. They told me to call them in 10-14 days for further review of my case. I will jkeep sending them copy of the BC from NSO and a nice letter explaining to them my case.

Honey Bun and Sweet Bun Forevermore

Timeline

Thanks...

Sonia

Hello Sonia,

No you dont notify NVC about your k3 and even if you notify them they cant do anything about fliping your k3 into cr1. To flip k3 into cr1 you have to ask ask dhaka embassy for the procedure. if your cr1 case is complete and nvc assign interview date on 2nd week of march for april then your file should reach dhaka embassy before your k3 interview date then you can ask dhaka embassy to perform cr1 interview date on k3 interview date. Mostly all consulate/embassy are willing to convert k3 into cr1 if cr1 file is in there premises.

Good luck!

Thanks Krunal...

One more thing, NVC is saying that they have put AOS in their system, does it mean that everythin is alright and that is why they have it in their system? Or they will start reviewing once they put everythin in their system?

My DS 230 packet was delivered on 20th (friday) but till now they r not in the system....Please someone tell me the steps...both of us (me and my husband) are really worried.....in addition, it was really hard part to get someone from NVC to enquire as they seems to be very busy...

Sonia

Thanks...

Sonia

Hello Sonia,

Good luck!

Thanks Krunal...

One more thing, NVC is saying that they have put AOS in their system, does it mean that everythin is alright and that is why they have it in their system? Or they will start reviewing once they put everythin in their system?

My DS 230 packet was delivered on 20th (friday) but till now they r not in the system....Please someone tell me the steps...both of us (me and my husband) are really worried.....in addition, it was really hard part to get someone from NVC to enquire as they seems to be very busy...

Sonia

Hi Sonia,

First of all, don't worry that much ! I feel your pain because I exactly had the same situation like yours in my case.

Even though I don't really know how NVC works, but from my case I understand that, they put the documents on their system first and then they start reviewing it. If they receive the AOS earlier than DS-230 then they just wait for the DS-230 to be received .Finally after getting all 2 packages they start reviewing. Usually it takes 5 business days to review the packages.

I hope there is no RFE and your case is gonna completed by Feb 27.

Best of luck.

Savar

CR-1/IR-1

01/07/2009....Received by NVC and assigned a case number

02/05/2009....Case Completed

02/18/2009...Medical Exam

02/20/2009...Interview letter received by Applicant

03/09/2009..1st interview,got 221g/blue slip

Additional processing (14 Days)

03/24/2009...Got the VISA!!!

04/01/2009 Port of Entry!!!!

04/23/2009 Received Green Card

Timeline

Thanks...

Sonia

Hello Sonia,

Good luck!

Thanks Krunal...

Sonia

Hi Sonia,

First of all, don't worry that much ! I feel your pain because I exactly had the same situation like yours in my case.

Even though I don't really know how NVC works, but from my case I understand that, they put the documents on their system first and then they start reviewing it. If they receive the AOS earlier than DS-230 then they just wait for the DS-230 to be received .Finally after getting all 2 packages they start reviewing. Usually it takes 5 business days to review the packages.

Best of luck.

Savar

Thank you so much...Yes, they put DS 230 in the system, and please pray for us....

Savar, please keep in touch, keep posting ur experiences @ US Embassy Dhaka .... My husband is planning to attend the interview with me...

Take care...

Sonia

Timeline
@@@ Anyone @@@

Okay I was able to call the NVC Live Operator in regards to my AVR message on 20th for my RFE. I found out that I need an original Birth Certificate of my wife. The NSO in the PHILIPPINES do not give it the original birth certificate instead they give u the copy versions of the ORIGINAL BC. I talked to nice lady there and she said she will put NOTE on my case. The BC was from the NVC and as far as the actual original of BC, they don't exist no more as NSO converted to their system. Anyone from the past have this problem...if your reading this.

I told the lady that NSO gave us the copy of the BC... not the actual original as they don't exist no more. They told me to call them in 10-14 days for further review of my case. I will jkeep sending them copy of the BC from NSO and a nice letter explaining to them my case.

I am really not familiar with NSO in the philippines, but i am sure someone here will be able answer your question more in detail. BUt one quick question to you, Is copy of BC true copy from NSO? If so, then NVC most probably will accept it.

U.S. Passport

Timeline

Thanks...

Sonia

Hello Sonia,

Good luck!

Thanks Krunal...

Sonia

Hi Sonia,

Best of luck.

Savar

Thank you so much...Yes, they put DS 230 in the system, and please pray for us....

Savar, please keep in touch, keep posting ur experiences @ US Embassy Dhaka .... My husband is planning to attend the interview with me...

Take care...

Sonia

Great sonia. I agree with savar, It take 5 to 7 days for NVC to review your documents once they have it in there system. Good luck to both of you.

Edited by waithatter

U.S. Passport

@@@ Anyone @@@

Okay I was able to call the NVC Live Operator in regards to my AVR message on 20th for my RFE. I found out that I need an original Birth Certificate of my wife. The NSO in the PHILIPPINES do not give it the original birth certificate instead they give us the copy versions of the ORIGINAL BC. I talked to nice lady there and she said she will put NOTE on my case. The BC was from the NVC and as far as the actual original of BC, they don't exist no more as NSO converted to their system. Anyone from the past have this problem...if your reading this.

I told the lady that NSO gave us the copy of the BC... not the actual original as they don't exist no more. They told me to call them in 10-14 days for further review of my case. I will keep sending them copy of the BC from NSO and a nice letter explaining to them my case.

I am really not familiar with NSO in the philippines, but i am sure someone here will be able answer your question more in detail. BUt one quick question to you, Is copy of BC true copy from NSO? If so, then NVC most probably will accept it.

@ WAIT....

I was able to get a true copy AGAIN from my files, still have the receipt stapled to the BC from NSO. I just realized that the true copy from NSO have that magic ink, when copying the true copy from NSO, the magic ink do not get copied- it disappeared, it look like a worms throughout the BC paper or like our paper money, it has that streak line... <My BIGGEST MISTAKE was I was so worried that it will delay and I rush it overnight. WELL I FORGOT TO INCLUDE THE COVER SHEET and the lady told me it will delay UP TO A WEEK. The reasons for the cover sheet so when they scan the paperwork, they can tell whos reviewing it or what table/desk it goes to. You know I waited 10 months, what's an extra week, tired of waiting but life goes on...! I was hoping for APRIL interview...will wait and see!

Honey Bun and Sweet Bun Forevermore

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys, so I got a missing checklist for the DS-230. The question I have is do I send the checklist coversheet? or the IV Cover sheet? or both?

I should have the DS-230 package in the mail by Thursday morning.

The Journey Home
04/27/2009 - POE at JFK (Quick and Easy!!!!)
05/07/2009 - Applied for SSN
05/09/2009 - Welcome Letter Received
05/14/2009 - SSN Received
05/11/2009 - GC Production Ordered
06/12/2009 - GC Production Ordered (AGAIN ?!?!?!)
06/19/2009 - Alien Registration Approval notice email
06/22/2009 - 2 Year Green Card Received!!!!!!

Naturalization
02/06/2013 - Application Sent
02/13/2013 - NOA (Priority Date Feb 8th)
02/13/2013 - Biometrics Appt. Letter Received
02/21/2013 - Early Bio Appt. (Original March 15th)
02/26/2013 - Place Inline for Interview

04/24/2013 - Interview scheduled

05/31/2013 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

XX/XX/2013 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Aruba
Timeline

I would just send the one you get online, since that is automatic prove you paid too!

an1cCnE0f--0410MDAwMTg3NHN8MDAwMDEzZGF8Q2l2aWwgTWFycmllZA.gifas1cCx0-M3-0410MDM3ODEwc3wzNzcyNHN8Q2h1cmNoIFdlZGRpbmc.gif

an1cCsA-M000410MzAwMjY1MGp8NDc0Mjk2bGF8U3RhcnRlZCBWaXNhIFByb2Nlc3M.gif

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

09/02 Received DS-3032&I-864 Bill

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

26/02 Mail AOS&IV Package

Stuck at NVC :-(

10/3 Medical PASSED!

11/3 AVR states IV paid (1 month after it got paid)

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

19/02 Embassy gave me apt for K-3

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

04/04/09 POE: ARUBA

Timeline
Hey guys, so I got a missing checklist for the DS-230. The question I have is do I send the checklist coversheet? or the IV Cover sheet? or both?

Q,

Send the one from online payment. Many people received the same RFE even though there is case completed. I am one of those people. So, ignore the cheklist and send the documents you are suppose to send with DS230.

U.S. Passport

Timeline

Q,

Send the one from online payment. Many people received the same RFE even though there is case completed. I am one of those people. So, ignore the cheklist and send the documents you are suppose to send with DS230.

Hei Krunal,

what does this suppose to mean? What is that RFE all about? Please tell me so that I can keep myself prepared for anything anytime...

Sonia

Timeline

Q,

Hei Krunal,

what does this suppose to mean? What is that RFE all about? Please tell me so that I can keep myself prepared for anything anytime...

Sonia

Sonia,

Its basically requesting you to submit DS230 part I, but dont worry if you submited all the required documents by NVC then you should be fine. Dont get tensed I know its natural to get tensed but you should hear good news by either tomorrow or friday. Best of luck!

U.S. Passport

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.