karkalec

frequency of oath ceremonies

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Can anyone tell me approximately how often oath ceremonies are held? My wife just got her Interview letter today :dance: , and I'm wondering about how long after that interview she will actually be sworn in. We're in Charlotte, NC. I've seen a month or so in some signatures but wondered what your experience was.

Thanks,

Justin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Some do them the very same day!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Can anyone tell me approximately how often oath ceremonies are held? My wife just got her Interview letter today :dance: , and I'm wondering about how long after that interview she will actually be sworn in. We're in Charlotte, NC. I've seen a month or so in some signatures but wondered what your experience was.

Thanks,

Justin

You can call Federal Court House to find out.

It is varied from district office to district office.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks,

Justin

Congrats on getting the interview letter...

Justin I live in charlotte, NC too and was wondering what was ur wife's timeline. When did she submit her application, how long did it take for her to get her appointment.. I am planning on sending in my application soon in a month or so...

Thanks,

Karen

Edited by karenros

I-751

1/12/08 - sent I-751 to TSC

2/7/08 - money order cashed

1/24/08 - Transferred to VERMONT

1/26/2008 - NOA

2/23/2008 -Biometrics

12/16/2008 finally Approved

N-400

12/03/08 Eligible to file N400

10/03/09 Mailed N-400

10/07/09 NOA

10/13/09 Check cashed

10/30/09 FP appointment

11/07/09 Case sent to Local office for interview

11/23/2009 Received interview letter with an as of date of 11/18/2009

12/15/2009 Interview scheduled ---Approved

01/06/2010 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thanks,

Justin

Justin I live in charlotte, NC too and was wondering what was ur wife's timeline. When did she submit her application, how long did it take for her to get her appointment.. I am planning on sending in my application soon in a month or so...

Thanks,

Karen

Really confusing, at St. Paul can either be at any number of court houses, the stadium, at a college, or right smack in the field office where the manager can handle the oath, they can do it the same day as your interview, or schedule it out several months. It must depend upon how they feel when they get up in the morning. Took pressure from my senator to have my wife's oath taken at the field office, just three days after I notified him, St. Paul was running close to a year behind trying to find a federal judge with a couple of minutes to spare, or when the Vikings weren't playing.

Feel the key word here, is disorganized.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thanks,

Justin

Thanks,

Karen

Really confusing, at St. Paul can either be at any number of court houses, the stadium, at a college, or right smack in the field office where the manager can handle the oath, they can do it the same day as your interview, or schedule it out several months. It must depend upon how they feel when they get up in the morning. Took pressure from my senator to have my wife's oath taken at the field office, just three days after I notified him, St. Paul was running close to a year behind trying to find a federal judge with a couple of minutes to spare, or when the Vikings weren't playing.

Oh, and as long as the DOS buys that piece of paper, and the SS, really don't care who signs it, nobody else even wanted to see it. Her photo was pasted to the certificate that can be easily pulled off, but they did use that USCIS stamp on half of her face and the other half on the certificate. Who cares, it worked for getting her passport. But she was upset, just said, at least it is on your photo, and not on your actual face.

Thanks,

Justin

Thanks,

Karen

Oh, and as long as the DOS buys that piece of paper, and the SS, really don't care who signs it, nobody else even wanted to see it. Her photo was pasted to the certificate that can be easily pulled off, but they did use that USCIS stamp on half of her face and the other half on the certificate. Who cares, it worked for getting her passport. But she was upset, just said, at least it is on your photo, and not on your actual face.

Karen,

I didn't keep track of the exact dates, but we applied at the end of October. Actually, we applied in early October, but they rejected my first check because they couldn't read the date (I guess) and said it was more than 6 months old. Our application was accepted (with a new check) around 10/24 or so. She got the biometrics appointment about 3 weeks later, then went and got fingerprinted. The naturalization interview letter came yesterday, so just over two months after the N-400 was accepted. I'm impressed with the speed considering lots of bad past experiences with INS in Arizona.

Good Luck,

Justin

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Karen,

I didn't keep track of the exact dates, but we applied at the end of October. Actually, we applied in early October, but they rejected my first check because they couldn't read the date (I guess) and said it was more than 6 months old. Our application was accepted (with a new check) around 10/24 or so. She got the biometrics appointment about 3 weeks later, then went and got fingerprinted. The naturalization interview letter came yesterday, so just over two months after the N-400 was accepted. I'm impressed with the speed considering lots of bad past experiences with INS in Arizona.

Good Luck,

Justin

Thanks for the reply your timeline is really helpful cause my husband and i are planning to visit India from apr 9 to 21 and we have already bought our tickets so i just wanted to know a time frame as to what would happen if i apply in now.. or should i wait until feb to apply...

Edited by karenros

I-751

1/12/08 - sent I-751 to TSC

2/7/08 - money order cashed

1/24/08 - Transferred to VERMONT

1/26/2008 - NOA

2/23/2008 -Biometrics

12/16/2008 finally Approved

N-400

12/03/08 Eligible to file N400

10/03/09 Mailed N-400

10/07/09 NOA

10/13/09 Check cashed

10/30/09 FP appointment

11/07/09 Case sent to Local office for interview

11/23/2009 Received interview letter with an as of date of 11/18/2009

12/15/2009 Interview scheduled ---Approved

01/06/2010 Oath Ceremony

Karen,

Good Luck,

Justin

Thanks for the reply your timeline is really helpful cause my husband and i are planning to visit India from apr 9 to 21 and we have already bought our tickets so i just wanted to know a time frame as to what would happen if i apply in now.. or should i wait until feb to apply...

If I were you I would wait and apply later. If you apply now you might get your interview before April 9 but the oath ceremony could be scheduled for while you are out of the country. I would apply a month or so before you plan to leave just to be safe.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.