Chuck and Grace

How does K2 approval come?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I sent in the I-129F for my Fiancee and listed her daughter on the application as well. I recieved the NOA2 (I-797) which lists my fiancee as a beneficiary, but not her daughter. Also, received letter from NVC stating same thing.

When I filed the application, I didnt send in a G-325A for her daughter or Visa Pictures (I never thought about it or considered I might need to), I also never saw anything about in on the VJ guide.

So things seem to be moving, but I dont know about the K2. How does that work? Do they need a Visa photo and G-325A? Can my fiancee bring it to the interview with the passport for her and her daughter?

Any help would be appreciated.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Our timeline:

9/3/08: Submitted I-129

9/5/08: CSC received

9/8/08: NOA1 date

11/12/08: Requested expedite (promised response by 11/17/08)

11/19/08: Received status info by calling USCIS - Additional info sent

12/4/08: Call from CSC & "Touch"

12/4/08 to 12/22/08: Too many calls & faxes to mention, NO RESPONSE!

12/22/08: NOA2 Approval!

12/30/08: NVC forwarded petition to Embassy in Tokyo

12/31/08: Letter from NVC stating they forwarded petition

1/4/09: Received Letter from NVC

1/7/09: Packet Issued from Tokyo Embassy

4/18/09: Tokyo still unable to grant interview, moved to Philippines.

6/22/09: Our daughter was born (more embassy paperwork)

6/30/09: Reqeusted transfer of case to Manila

8/26/09: Visited embassy in Manila AGAIN, personally requested transfer of case (no record in their system)

11/4/09: Case Transferred from Tokyo to Manila - no notice sent

12/5/09: Notification that Manila received the case.

12/30/09: Interview packet received from Manila

1/25/10: Medical check in Manila (took 4 days)

2/1/10: Interview - requested additional docs,

2/2/10: Additional docs submitted, Embassy kept passports - expect visa soon.

4/5/10: Received Visa FINALLY!

4/12/10: Entry to USA

8950.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Chuck I am in the same boat as you - looked on the forums but didn't have much success in finding the information. We aren't as far as NOA2, but we don't want to find out that she has a visa and her son doesn't (I'll be in more than just the dog house).

Thanks in advance.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I sent in the I-129F for my Fiancee and listed her daughter on the application as well. I recieved the NOA2 (I-797) which lists my fiancee as a beneficiary, but not her daughter. Also, received letter from NVC stating same thing.

When I filed the application, I didnt send in a G-325A for her daughter or Visa Pictures (I never thought about it or considered I might need to), I also never saw anything about in on the VJ guide.

So things seem to be moving, but I dont know about the K2. How does that work? Do they need a Visa photo and G-325A? Can my fiancee bring it to the interview with the passport for her and her daughter?

There is not USCIS approval specific to the dependant child. They will now be invited with their parent to apply for a visa. Their approval is derivative.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

There is not USCIS approval specific to the dependant child. They will now be invited with their parent to apply for a visa. Their approval is derivative.

Thanks, that helps a little. My Fiancee lives in Japan, her daughter in the Philippines currently. She has been working in Japan to support her daughter. Anyway, my fiancee's interview will be in Tokyo, but her daughter doesnt have a visa for Japan, so any suggestions on how to get her daughter an interview in Manilla?

One more thing, since the approval is derivative of the parent, does that mean Visa photos and G-325A is required or not?

Our timeline:

8/26/09: Visited embassy in Manila AGAIN, personally requested transfer of case (no record in their system)

8950.gif

Timeline

Thanks, that helps a little. My Fiancee lives in Japan, her daughter in the Philippines currently. She has been working in Japan to support her daughter. Anyway, my fiancee's interview will be in Tokyo, but her daughter doesnt have a visa for Japan, so any suggestions on how to get her daughter an interview in Manilla?

One more thing, since the approval is derivative of the parent, does that mean Visa photos and G-325A is required or not?

Well, earlier I would have advised you to indicate your fiancee would interview in Manila so they could go together. This is a mess. Perhaps that change can be requested. The daughter's visa is contingent on the mother's. I guess she could follow to join. I'd contact Tokyo or NVC on this to see what to do. The daughter will need a passport and probably a medical. Then there's the issue of custody. I'm afraid you're addressing this far later in the process than is optimum.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
Well, earlier I would have advised you to indicate your fiancee would interview in Manila so they could go together. This is a mess. Perhaps that change can be requested. The daughter's visa is contingent on the mother's. I guess she could follow to join. I'd contact Tokyo or NVC on this to see what to do. The daughter will need a passport and probably a medical. Then there's the issue of custody. I'm afraid you're addressing this far later in the process than is optimum.

Thanks. I actually did post this question before filing the I-129F, but got no responses. I posted it again later, but also got no response. I probably posted it in the wrong location. Anyway, I will make some calls and see what I can find out. Thanks for the advice.

Our timeline:

8950.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

So basically when we get to the consulate for our interview, she gets approved, then they automatically issue a K2? And for the K2, I assume that we need to have the childs photos and passport ready at the interview?

Thanks for the further clarification,

Charles

Timeline

So basically when we get to the consulate for our interview, she gets approved, then they automatically issue a K2? And for the K2, I assume that we need to have the childs photos and passport ready at the interview?

Charles

The child will get their own P3 and P4. Follow the instructions in the packets.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Charles

I called NVC today to ask about this. They said our daughter needs to be at the interview also, so now I need to try to get her a visa for Japan. But in the mean time, since this will be a rush and there are other complications that require this to be expedited, can you help me out with P3 and P4? what is this? What is required of them? I have the birth Cert (no father named, so shouldnt be a question of custody), what else do we need for the children?

Our timeline:

8950.gif

Timeline

Charles

I called NVC today to ask about this. They said our daughter needs to be at the interview also, so now I need to try to get her a visa for Japan. But in the mean time, since this will be a rush and there are other complications that require this to be expedited, can you help me out with P3 and P4? what is this? What is required of them? I have the birth Cert (no father named, so shouldnt be a question of custody), what else do we need for the children?

Read the Guides with regard to P3 and P4. Also see the Consulate's website for their requirements. Can the daughter travel alone?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Charles

Read the Guides with regard to P3 and P4. Also see the Consulate's website for their requirements. Can the daughter travel alone?

No, the daughter cant travel alone (She is only 8, Very Shy, and this will be her first time to fly), but if I move quickly and Japan can approve a visa quickly, my Fiancee is actually in the Philippines right now, so maybe she can go to Japan with her mom. The problem is, my fiancee hasnt got the packet from the embassy yet (The embassy should receive from NVC today), so no proof right now that I can use to get her daughter an expedited japan visa, unless they will accept other documents, but most of those are in Japan also. When the embassy does send the packet, they will send it to the Japan address, so unless my Fiancee is back in Japan, she wont get it. Seems like yet another trip to the Philippines will be required.

Regarding P3 and P4, I am obviously asking a stupid question, because I dont even know what P3 and P4 is, but I will try to find it. Thanks.

Our timeline:

8950.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Charles

No, the daughter cant travel alone (She is only 8, Very Shy, and this will be her first time to fly), but if I move quickly and Japan can approve a visa quickly, my Fiancee is actually in the Philippines right now, so maybe she can go to Japan with her mom. The problem is, my fiancee hasnt got the packet from the embassy yet (The embassy should receive from NVC today), so no proof right now that I can use to get her daughter an expedited japan visa, unless they will accept other documents, but most of those are in Japan also. When the embassy does send the packet, they will send it to the Japan address, so unless my Fiancee is back in Japan, she wont get it. Seems like yet another trip to the Philippines will be required.

Regarding P3 and P4, I am obviously asking a stupid question, because I dont even know what P3 and P4 is, but I will try to find it. Thanks.

P3 is packet 3 - the first packet your fiancee receives from the embassy. The P4 is packet 4 and contains the interview appt letter.

K-3

11/15/2006 - NOA1 Receipt for 129F

02/12/2007 - I-130 and I-129F approved!

04/17/2007 - Interview - visa approved!

04/18/2007 - POE LAX - Finally in the USA!!!

04/19/2007 - WE ARE FINALLY HOME!!!

09/20/2007 - Sent Packet 3 for K-4 Visas (follow to join for children)

10/02/2007 - K-4 Interviews - approved

10/12/2007 - Everyone back to USA!

AOS

06/20/2008 - Mailed I-485, I-765 (plus I-130 for children)

06/27/2008 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130s

07/16/2008 - Biometrics appointment

08/28/2008 - EAD cards received

11/20/2008 - AOS Interviews - approved

Citizenship

08/22/2011 - Mailed N-400

Timeline

Charles

P3 is packet 3 - the first packet your fiancee receives from the embassy. The P4 is packet 4 and contains the interview appt letter.

Study this. http://tokyo.usembassy.gov/e/visa/tvisa-niv-k.html

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

In case anyone else ever has a similar problem, here is the email I got back from Tokyo Embassy (Cost about $21 to ask a question - Sure am glad this site is Free).

Note: Questions are limited to 1000 words.

<Question>

Your web-site says my Fiancee's daughter is required to attend interview with her. My Fiancee lives in Japan, but her daughter lives in Philippines. Her daughter doesn't have a visa to visit Japan. NVC told me the interview must take place in country where my Fiancee resides. NVC said they can't separate the visas for another interview for her daughter in Manilla. I read not all embassy's require children to attend the interview. I requested an expedite on this case because my Fiancee is pregnant with complications. Do to pregnancy, I need Visa quickly for her & the baby's health & financial reasons. Since the visas are tied together it's likely this will delay the process for months in efforts to get a Japan visa for her daughter. Can you wave the requirement for her daughter to attend the interview & expedite my fiancee interview? If not, please let me know what I can do to quickly resolve this situation.

<Answer>

In accordance to the immigrant regulation, each visa applicant regardless of age must present at his/her visa final interview for Fiancée visa application. Under no circumstances can this requirement be waived. Since you have filed the K petition for both of your wife and daughter, if they wish to obtain a visa in Japan, both of your wife and daughter need to attend their finial interview at US Embassy in Japan. In the case that your daughter cannot come to Tokyo to have her visa interview, you may request the case to be transferred to Manila once your wife's application has been finalized in Japan. Your daughter may apply for her visa at the US Embassy in Manila once the case has been transferred there.

Once the Embassy receives a K case from the NVC, we will send the visa applicant instructions to prepare all of the required forms and documents. The length of processing time varies from case to case according to its circumstances. It is important that to avoid delays, you follow the instructions sent to you by the Embassy and take immediate action. Failure to respond to the instructions or take action in a timely manner may result in the delay of your application.

Sincerely,

Tokyo Visa Service/s

So, Now I have two choices. Try to expedite a Japan visitors visa or have my Fiancee have her interview, then transfer the case to Manila for her daughter. I think quickest way will be to try to expedite a visa to japan, but at least there is a back-up option also if that is denied.

Our timeline:

8950.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.