Dixie_Peach

Needing information

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey guys... I have a friend who is also going through the k1 visa... and her habibi is from Morocco also. She said that her fiance' told her that the numbers are getting low for the visas being granted through Casablanca, and that they are putting restrictions on k1 visas. The main one that she says her fiance' is worried about is this: she said that he told her that he needs to have $4000 in the bank before they will issue him a visa. I told her that the information that she received from him did not sound valid, and told her to come to VJ to join and ask questions. She is afraid to join, she says that her habibi may get angry with her. Could you guys please give me some information to send her so that she will know what is right or wrong concerning the money in the bank? Thanks!

Blessings,

Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I don't think thats true, but i do think its a little wierd that her fiance would get mad that she joined an online forum to help them both get information about the immigration process....

Morocco (like many countries, I am sure) is a rumor mill when it comes to visas. Its very easy for misinformation to spread. I have never heard anything about having money in the bank as a requirement for a K-1, although it is necessary for a tourist visa.

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Timeline
I don't think thats true, but i do think its a little wierd that her fiance would get mad that she joined an online forum to help them both get information about the immigration process....

Morocco (like many countries, I am sure) is a rumor mill when it comes to visas. Its very easy for misinformation to spread. I have never heard anything about having money in the bank as a requirement for a K-1, although it is necessary for a tourist visa.

Sara

That is what I thought too... and that is exactly what I told her. She said that her fiance' doesn't want her to join ANY kind of groups online... he doesn't want anyone to know their business. Well....... too late now... she confided in me this morning. I have never met her habibi... but I do know her - and she is a worry wart. When she told me what her fiance' told her, the first thing that I thought was that someone had lied to them... and th en I thought he may be using her... but then again, they have been "together" for about 2 years. I told her to tell him that VJ is NOT a place to "meet" or chat-up another man... it is a place to gain information. Maybe she will join... I hope so... but, even so... i can forward this to her so that she can talk to him about it. Thanks a lot! Blessings,

Lynne

114959908992789.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have never heard anything about having to have money in an account for a K1 visa. There have been plenty of people who are unemployed who have been granted the K1. It is however, helpful if both parties are employed, but this about money sounds fishy to me.

I also think him getting angry about her trying to help him is ridiculous (just my opinion). My fiance was very very happy I found VJ and even signed up himself. If it were not for VJ we would have ended up married already with a longer wait for the CR1/K3.

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hicham and I have talked about this in the past. When others in Morocco know you are going for a visa to the US, they come up with all sorts of stories and lies. Sometimes it is out of jealousy. Other times it is to try to get money from them (or find out if they have money).

I wish your friend the best of luck!

Twila

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Timeline

Thanks guys! I will pass along the information. I will keep talking to her about VJ... it has been a TREMENDOUS help to me and Jamal... but I think maybe it is what Twila says... that it could be jealousy... etc...

I know that I don't post as much as other people... but I am CONSTANTLY reading and searching for information here on VJ. I appreciate the help... and wish the best for all of you!

Lynne

114959908992789.gif

Thanks guys! I will pass along the information. I will keep talking to her about VJ... it has been a TREMENDOUS help to me and Jamal... but I think maybe it is what Twila says... that it could be jealousy... etc...

I know that I don't post as much as other people... but I am CONSTANTLY reading and searching for information here on VJ. I appreciate the help... and wish the best for all of you!

Lynne

Lynne,

It does seem that the K1 visas are getting harder to come by out of Casa, but VJ is only a limited sampling.

The beneficiary does not show any assets at all for a K1. A tourist visa, yes. Could be he is trying to extort money out of her, especially if he is trying to keep her from finding answers.

Rebecca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I was kinda thinking something like that too. Let her know that she doesn't nessessarily have to sign up and post to read and be as familiar with the process as possible. I think it would be nice if she at least knows where to find answers or support if she does ever want to reach out.

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I agree, bigtime. This having money in the bank...to the tune of 4,000 for a K1 visa is not true information. The only visa where the beneficiary is required to have ties like this is a tourist visa...and that is a fact.

Yes, it very well could be someone giving him this information out of jealousy, trying to steer him wrong or even find out if he has money. It is a sad fact that there are some men in Morocco who are fierce when it comes to this, if they can screw it up for someone, they will.

However, for him to not want her to find out information in a place like VJ and telling her that he needs 4,000 in the bank for this visa...something just does not smell right about this.

I can tell you this...if my fiance told me something like this when we started this process...a HUGE red flag would have appeared before my eyes. I would have heard a knocking in my brain saying..."Hello...something is really wrong here. Step back and look at everything twice...everything."

My fiance chooses not participate in this web site but only read, and he does not do that very often. He has been fully supportive of me being here though and is grateful for the help, information and support I get from this site. Let's face it...the government posts what to do regarding petitions, filing, etc. But they DO NOT tell us everything, every scenario and what to do if something happens, etc. This site has been very helpful in gathering information and sharing experiences throughout this process. My fiance is a very private person... and unless you actually know "me" you have no idea who I really am, or him...so our identities are really kept safe.

I would definitely advise your friend to join...even if she only reads. I know she wants to respect his wishes but I feel she has an even better chance in getting necessary helpful information if she actually participates...she does not have to give her or his real identity up here to participate. No one has to know who they really are.

I'm going to be brutally honest here...

I would also advise her to be careful and to pay very close attention to every single detail no matter how small. She may have been with him for 2 years, and they very well may have a very good relationship...but something like what he is telling her and him not wanting her to find information is not a good thing and only raises a red flag in my mind.

I would also advise her to be very careful about the money thing...I know many petitioners have sent their fiancees money at some point, but I still have no idea whether this is the reason why our petition is being sent back for review or not. I certainly never sent my fiance that anywhere near that amount of money...geez 4,000 is a HUGE amount. That is a REALLY HUGE amount to have in the bank in Morocco.

I wish her luck and I really hope she joins. She has nothing to lose...nothing at all.

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Timeline
Is he maybe telling a lie to get her to pay that kind of money to him? I dont know but the posts sound like some others are getting this too.

Jennie & Kiya

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT TOO... but she swears that is not the case. She says that her fiance is only telling her what he has been told... and that the reason he doesn't want her to join is because he doesn't want people knowing their business.... *duh*

I have sent her the replies... and also told her that she doesn't have to join, but can just still surf and gather knowledge. You guys pray for her please... she is so worried about this. As for her habibi... I don't know him, so I can't answer... But I pray that is not the case... that he is just using her for money... I haven't thought to ask her if she sends him money though... hmm...

Kiya, Jennie... and everyone else going through Morocco... I wish you all the best. Thanks!

*fingers crossed* hopefull soon Jamal and I will get our noa2... *sigh*

*hugs ya'll*

Lynne

114959908992789.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi lynne,

i m moroccan and went throuw this visa process .

during my medical exam i met some moroccan and they told me that i need to have 3000$ or more in my bank account to get the visa ,but when i asked them what type of visa they are appling for i found out that they win in the visa lottery program.

i think it s what exactely happened to your freind s fiance .

most moroccans beneficers don t understand neither the different visa types nor the visa process .

good luck

Farah

dev296pr___.png

My blog

quick funny jokes

http://www.mentallyjumbled.com/

01-22-2006:arrived to Miami airport with CR1 visa

02-06-2006 :Received 1st Welcome to America Notice

02-08-2006 :Received 2nd Welcome to America Notice

02-10-2006:Received GREEN CARD!!! EXP 01/22/2008

10-12-2007: I-751 received at TSC

12-01-2007 NOA For 1-Year Extention RECEIVED from CSC

12-20-2007:BIOMETRICS

1-12-2008-Card production-email notification received

1-15-2008:Approval notice -email notification received

1-18-2008: 10 y green card arrived!!

12-03-2008: N 400 RECEIVED at TSC

12-09-2008: CHECK $675 cashed

12-12-2008:NOA RECEIVED

03-30-2009: biometric date received locaton:Oakland park,FL

04-13-2009:biometrics

06-19-2008:INTERVIEW

06-24-2009:oath ceremony

Timeline

I just wanted to add my two cents worth. I think this is all probably just a mistake on the type of visa. Many people get them confused. My husband tried for a tourist visa back in 9/03 and you have to have money in the bank, they need to know you have strong ties to your country, so money is just one of them. Perhaps he is just passing on information he thought was correct. I know this whole journey is very confusing and you have to keep things clear. I would give him the benefit of the doubt and let him know that a K-1 doesn't require this, only tourist and maybe others. I also think many people from Morocco or elsewhere too, are very private. You can't think they are bad just because they don't want people to know their business and when they learn about VJ they will see it is all kept very private. I wish your friend the best. I think it was just a mistake on the information given and not some red flag (my opinion only).

Doreen :D

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

Timeline

I guess it is possible that he is trying to get money out of her, but as many here have stated, it could be simply a misunderstanding about the type of visa. These men there are certainly no visa experts! :lol:

I would like to point out that my husband is very careful about letting others in on his private business. This truly is part of the culture. He doesn't mind if I come here on VJ, but he cautions me against listening to all of the advise. And he is right, some of the advise we listened too for the interview was wrong. But he has stressed many times not to give out too much information as to who we are. We Americans are much more open and trusting. But I have seen many times where an Arabic man has tried to break up our relationship based purely on jealousy (I dated an Iraqi for over 4 years, they do it too).

I wouldn't be 100% sure that he is using her, but more cautious. Do you know how many times I have heard from friends and family that my husband is using me for a visa? If you don't know the person you can't make that judgement call.

Okay, here is how to explain it to her so she understands. The reason they want to see money in the bank and personal property for a tourist visa is because they want to make sure they have enough incentive to go back to their country. In a K-1/K-3/CR1/IR1 visa the consulates are already aware that they don't intend on returning, leaving out the reason to have money/property in their country.

I hope this helps!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.