hr33

Immigration lawyer

18 posts in this topic

My N-400 is under process. My green card is marriage based. I was interviewed (and passed the test) on August 10,2007. Since then I am waiting for the oath ceremony. I have contacted USCIS many times and even my congressman's office (on my request) contacted them, they told that the delay is not because of my name check , but they are not telling how long it will take to call me for the oath ceremony.

I want to know if an immigration lawyer can help me in this situation? I mean can a lawyer make this process go faster? if so how much it will cost? --- Thanks.

My N-400 is under process. My green card is marriage based. I was interviewed (and passed the test) on August 10,2007. Since then I am waiting for the oath ceremony. I have contacted USCIS many times and even my congressman's office (on my request) contacted them, they told that the delay is not because of my name check , but they are not telling how long it will take to call me for the oath ceremony.

I want to know if an immigration lawyer can help me in this situation? I mean can a lawyer make this process go faster? if so how much it will cost? --- Thanks.

My senator has done wonders for myself and some of my friends. I'd try a different representative.

I don't know what a lawyer can do!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Probably not much.

If you don't know the exact reason, attorney can not help that much.

Probably you have to ask your congressman's office for the reason since your case is out of normal processing time.

After interview, USCIS needs to notify the decision within 120 days.

If they have some internal resource issue. attorney may not help you at all.

If I were you, I will ask for congressman's office to find out why it is delayed.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

What state do you live in? Many Senators have staffs that know how to deal with USCIS and get answers to questions. Probaby no one can get USCIS to hurry up, except a court of law.

What state do you live in? Many Senators have staffs that know how to deal with USCIS and get answers to questions. Probaby no one can get USCIS to hurry up, except a court of law.

I live in Illinois but the USCIS office where I was interviewed is in St. Louis, Missouri.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I live in Illinois but the USCIS office where I was interviewed is in St. Louis, Missouri.

Wife's friend also living in Illinois and also having problems, each state only has two senators, and one of them wasn't hanging around the state, her congress person is worthless. While I have a darn good attorney, he prefers not to take on I-751 or N-400 cases due to the wait because his clients would be jumping on him constantly.

Can tell you one thing that works, an attorney would charge at least a thousand, when you send your inquiry in, send a check for half of that amount for the campaign fund, that works. Other option if you waited over 120 days is to take the USCIS to court, it's the law where they have to give you an answer, wife's friend doesn't want to do that, nor does she have the money for a campaign contribution, so she waits. And you only have on senator at present, could be that half the Illinois politicians would end up in jail. Could move to another state.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Sen. Chuck Schumer is known to be effective in dislodging cases that seem to be stuck in the system. Of course your other senator is soon to be president, and so the seat is now vacant. A senator in Missouri doesn't represent you and has no clout over the USCIS office there.

I contacted my congressman, John Shimkus. Do you think I should contact my senator too? How can I contact the senator? and do the senators help in these kinds of matter? Thanks for your replies.

[/q

The more people you contact,the better.Yeah,Senators help in these kinds of matter.

I130 for mom

NOA1 March 1,2010

touched April 8,2010

email approval 6/23/10

NOA2 received 6/28/2010

NVC case# assigned 7/2/2010

aos fee bill&ds3032 received 7/8/2010

aos fee paid and emailed ds3032 7/8/2010

iv bill paid 7/12/10

iv packet mailed 7/13/10

aos packet scanned 7/20/10

iv packet scanned 7/22/10

case complete 8/18/10

I contacted my congressman, John Shimkus. Do you think I should contact my senator too? How can I contact the senator? and do the senators help in these kinds of matter? Thanks for your replies.

Google your senator or look in your phone book!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

Google your senator or look in your phone book!

http://senate.gov/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Lawyers are worthless. I resent the fact I ever hired one...

Do what everyone else says and keep trying your Congressmen. I am one of many others who has had great success going through Congressmen.

Edited by mnbinth

K1 Journey

03/22/07 - Mailed I-129 Application

08/18/07 - Thai Wedding

09/06/07 - Interview Successful!

10/25/07 - P.O.E. San Francisco

11/01/07 - U.S. Wedding

AOS Journey

11/09/07 - Mailed AOS & EAD

12/12/07 - Biometrics

02/04/08 - Transferred to CSC

02/16/08 - EAD Card Received

05/27/08 - Green Card!

Naturalization Journey

08/28/08 - Filed N-400 via Section 319(b)

10/29/08 - NOA

11/20/08 - Biometrics

01/15/09 - Interview

01/29/09 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Lawyers are worthless. I resent the fact I ever hired one...

Do what everyone else says and keep trying your Congressmen. I am one of many others who has had great success going through Congressmen.

Ha, found myself asking attorneys if they had a brother-in-law holding a higher position in the USCIS, was told they were no better off than I was, contact your senator of congressman. Hint, does help to ask if you can contribute to their campaign fund. Kind of gather if you can contribute millions, can even run this country. Hate to say that, but it's true.

Ha, found myself asking attorneys if they had a brother-in-law holding a higher position in the USCIS, was told they were no better off than I was, contact your senator of congressman. Hint, does help to ask if you can contribute to their campaign fund. Kind of gather if you can contribute millions, can even run this country. Hate to say that, but it's true.

It is really depending on how good your lawyer is...

But given the situation that it is very hard to find good lawyer, I guess you may have better chance to knock the door of your congressman, and push hard for them.

Timeline

It is really depending on how good your lawyer is...

But given the situation that it is very hard to find good lawyer, I guess you may have better chance to knock the door of your congressman, and push hard for them.

Ha, rather than ask, is there a way I can bribe someone, simply ask, are there any expedient fees I can pay, DOS has them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.