11 posts in this topic

by the way this is the email that they sent me, does this mean they approved me already?

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: WAC0825450422

Application Type: CRI89 , PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On December 30, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

someone will come along that knows more - it looks to me like your card is in production (greencard? have you already gone thru AOS and got the EAD and AP?)- could answer more if your timeline was linked!

Timeline:

3/11/08 I 129 F filed

3/20/08 NOA1

6/20/08 NOA2

7/05/08 Packet 3

12/22/08 Interview

12/29/08 Visa Delivered

1/26/08 POE

3/20/08 Wedding

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
by the way this is the email that they sent me, does this mean they approved me already?

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: WAC0825450422

Application Type: CRI89 , PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On December 30, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Congratulations u r approved and u will receive ur Green Card between 1 to 2 weeks.

February 01, 2010 Filed N-400 Citizenship.

February 08, 2010 Check Cashed.

February 10, 2010 NOA.

February 17, 2010 RFE Email.

February 22, 2010 Biometric Letter Received.

March 03, 2010 Biometric done.

March 13, 2010 Yellow Letter Received.

March 23, 2010 Email ( case transferred to local office for interview.

March 25, 2010 Interview Letter Arrived.

April 29, 2010 Interview (Rescheduled)

May 24, 2010 Interview (Passed)

June 17, 2010 Oath Letter Received

July 14, 2010 Oath Date ...........

July 14, 2010 DONE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, that is the approval notice. Congratulations.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

But after i received this email, today the immigration people came to my house to look for me and my husband.. it was strange because if they already approved my GC, why would they come to our house and check up on us? is this a random pick to visit or should i worry?? im starting to worry..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
But after i received this email, today the immigration people came to my house to look for me and my husband.. it was strange because if they already approved my GC, why would they come to our house and check up on us? is this a random pick to visit or should i worry?? im starting to worry..

Maybe because the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing?

Perhaps these visits were scheduled a while back and they only just got around to doing it, but in the meantime another adjudicator took a look at your file and decided that you had enough evidence after all and don't need to jump through any more hoops, so approved your file.

Based on your description in your other thread of what they did, I think you should be fine and have no need to worry. They talked with your Mom. She had no way to expect their visit yet she corroborated the fact that the two of you do indeed live there together and are married. If they can't trust your Mom in such circumstances, who could they trust?

I think you are fine and don't have anything to worry about. Strange? yes. I guess just remember this is USCIS we're dealing with and they don't even know what they're doing most of the time. How on earth can we begin to guess except they sure sound incredibly disorganized.

Hope you get your green card in the mail very soon so you can relax.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

yeah i was thinking about that too.. immigration is kind of clumsy and they have so much work to do that i surprised that they have time to come ans visit to check if were leaving in the same house.. i was thinking also that maybe because of me and my husbands' age gap that they are getting suspicious about it.

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Ninzie,

Hmmm...interesting theory you have there about the age gap thing. However, I honestly don't think that this is the case here, as if age were a factor, then they probably wouldn't have approved you for your first green card in the first place because of this. Rather, it was probably just a random thing that they did (again, are you sure it was the USCIS at your door?) visit you...

If it makes you feel any better, my husband and I have an larger age gap too, and we haven't had any problems with the USCIS because of it. Heck, we don't even think much of it, as "age is just a number" anyways, and "one is as old and/or as young as they feel that they are" and "there is no age barrier to love". Lol...if the larger age gap is a reason for them visiting, then by all means, let the USCIS visit, and see that just because two people of significantly different ages it doesn't mean that the marriage is a fake one (and then by all means, approve the applicants then)...

Good luck on the rest of the immigration journey too.

Ant (Still waiting at the VSC, Still waiting for Baby...)

i was thinking also that maybe because of me and my husbands' age gap that they are getting suspicious about it.

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Other Timeline

Post re-edited for grammar (and re-posted)....oops...

Hi Ninzie,

Hmmm...interesting theory you have there about the age gap thing. However, I honestly don't think that this is the case here. If age were a factor, then they probably wouldn't have approved you for your first 2yr green card and your second 10yr green card in the first place because of this. Rather, it was probably just a random thing that they did visit you (again, are you sure it was the USCIS at your door?)...

If it makes you feel any better, my husband and I have a larger age gap too, and we haven't had any problems with the USCIS (or with anybody else) because of it. Heck, we don't even think much of it, as "age is just a number" anyways, and "one is as old and/or as young as they feel that they are" and "there is no age barrier to love". Lol...if the larger age gap is a reason for them visiting, then by all means, let the USCIS visit, and see that just because two people of significantly different ages are happily married to each other, it doesn't mean that the marriage is a fake one. And by all means, if they see that the large age gap marriage is truly genuine, then approve the applicants as soon as possible instead!

Good luck on the rest of the immigration journey too.

Ant (Still waiting at the VSC, Still waiting for Baby...)

i was thinking also that maybe because of me and my husbands' age gap that they are getting suspicious about it.
Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.