chiquita

VISA DENIED 2ND TIME!!!

206 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Chiquita you stated:

What did GH fiancee say that was wrong? Did i miss that part?

GH fiancee mentioned the religious ceremony the next day AFTER he was put in jail.

COERCION (forcing of somebody to do something: the use of force or threats to make somebody do something against his or her will) IS ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!

That's why I said, it is unfortunate, but true that it happens.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow talk about enough to scare you. After reading this im kind of scared my husband and I have more then a ten year age difference.

CSC

August 24, 2005 - Mailed I-130 petition

September 6, 2005 - Recieved NOA1

February 27, 2006 - Recieved NOA2 *APPROVAL*

NVC

March 8 - Case Number Assigned

March 13 - AOS Fee & DS-3032 generated

March 19 - Recieved AOS Fee & DS3032

March 20 - Mailed AOS Fee

March 20 - Sent DS-3032 Email Choice of Agent

March 24 - NVC recieved DS3032

March 24 - NVC recieved AOS Fee

March 27 - NVC generated I864

March 27 - NVC generated immigrant fee bill

April 04 - Recieved immigrant fee bill

April 05 - Mailed immigrant fee bill back

April 06 - Recieved I864 in mail

April 12 - NVC received immigrant fee bill

April 17 - NVC geneterated DS230

April 20 - Recieved DS230 in mail

April 27 - Mailed I-864 to NVC

May 10 - Recieved RFE due to DS-230 not being sent in yet.

May 23 - Mailed DS230 to NVC

May 26 - NVC recieved DS230

June 09 - NVC automated system says sent letter for missing or incomplete information

June 18- Mailed for DS230 RFE to NVC (Over Night Delivery!)

June 19 - NVC recieves DS230 RFE per USPS confirmation!!

June 22 - NVC system says recieved RFE for DS-230

July 6 - CASE COMPLETE!!

July 12 - Case sent to Morocco

August 10- @8am- INTERVIEW

August 11 - Visa Picked up and issued

December 15 -- 2006 -- ENTERS USA

Took 130 Days from NOA2 until case complete

**Waiting..Waiting..**

July 31, 2007- Our three year anniversary

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Wow talk about enough to scare you. After reading this im kind of scared my husband and I have more then a ten year age difference.

We don't mean to scare you, sorry. Hopefully you aren't going through Morocco. So far this is the only place I have seen this done on visa journey.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I know you didnt mean to scare me but its scary. We have a 16 year age difference, and yes Im going through the horrible consular Morocco. :unsure: what fun this will be for us!

CSC

August 24, 2005 - Mailed I-130 petition

September 6, 2005 - Recieved NOA1

February 27, 2006 - Recieved NOA2 *APPROVAL*

NVC

March 8 - Case Number Assigned

March 13 - AOS Fee & DS-3032 generated

March 19 - Recieved AOS Fee & DS3032

March 20 - Mailed AOS Fee

March 20 - Sent DS-3032 Email Choice of Agent

March 24 - NVC recieved DS3032

March 24 - NVC recieved AOS Fee

March 27 - NVC generated I864

March 27 - NVC generated immigrant fee bill

April 04 - Recieved immigrant fee bill

April 05 - Mailed immigrant fee bill back

April 06 - Recieved I864 in mail

April 12 - NVC received immigrant fee bill

April 17 - NVC geneterated DS230

April 20 - Recieved DS230 in mail

April 27 - Mailed I-864 to NVC

May 10 - Recieved RFE due to DS-230 not being sent in yet.

May 23 - Mailed DS230 to NVC

May 26 - NVC recieved DS230

June 09 - NVC automated system says sent letter for missing or incomplete information

June 18- Mailed for DS230 RFE to NVC (Over Night Delivery!)

June 19 - NVC recieves DS230 RFE per USPS confirmation!!

June 22 - NVC system says recieved RFE for DS-230

July 6 - CASE COMPLETE!!

July 12 - Case sent to Morocco

August 10- @8am- INTERVIEW

August 11 - Visa Picked up and issued

December 15 -- 2006 -- ENTERS USA

Took 130 Days from NOA2 until case complete

**Waiting..Waiting..**

July 31, 2007- Our three year anniversary

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Aaawww... kaluoy pud :(

(F)

(CHECK MY PROFILE INFORMATION FOR COMPLETE SIGNATURE)

August 19, 2006 VISA ON HAND!!!

September 5, 2006- POE @ SFO

September 8, 2006- Applied for SSN

SSN arrived more than a month after.. GRRR!!

November 8, 2006- MARRIED @ San Francisco City Hall

November 21, 2006- Received official marriage certificate

Dec. 19, 2006- sent out AOS

Jan. 3, 2007- Cashed cheques for AOS and EAD

March 15, 2007- AOS interview; APPROVED!!

March 23, 2007- Welcome letter/notice received from mail

March 27, 2007- GREENCARD

Sept 5, 2007 - my first anniversary in the U.S

Jan 30, 2009 - Mailed I-751 removal of conditional residence status

Feb 2, 2009 - Package mailed 10:22 AM at Laguna Niguel, CA (CSC)

Feb 5, 2009 - Check cashed

Feb 26, 2009 Biometrics

The Newlyweds: DJ and PRINCESS

watch clearer version[/color]

mylove.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I know you didnt mean to scare me but its scary. We have a 16 year age difference, and yes Im going through the horrible consular Morocco. :unsure: what fun this will be for us!

Well then Icy is right, you are lucky you have us to learn from. The first thing is to pin point all of your red flags. Obviously one of them is the age difference. You must be prepared to address that, and anything else that comes up. If I knew then what I know now, when they asked my husband about the age difference I would have instructed my husband to mention that if its good enough for the Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) then I would be happy to follow in his shoes. Instead he answered that the age difference isn't a problem for either of us, because that is the truth.

I'm sorry to scare you, but you do need to be prepared for a tough interview.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Since we went through casa and had our case returned to USCIS "due to the validity of the relationship" IE... age difference...

my thoughts to you would be:

Try to be there when your husband has the interview. I think this is the best advice for anyone who has red flags!!! (No matter what they are!)

Make sure you have lots of proof, ie, pics, e mails logs since you met, any letters that you sent, travel itinery copies including copies of your passport stamps, any type of paper trail between you and your husband at all. And I mean anything, the more the better!!!

Get some letters from people who know you to include with your proof of relationship. Be sure they have their full name, full address and phone number in the letter to show they can be contacted if casa so desires. Your husband can get some too and translate them. Get as many as you can. I had 8. I kept the originals and provided copies, just in case...

Most of all, make sure your husband shows the proof even if the CO does not ask for it!!! Make sure your husband understands this is a MUST!!!

A great idea already submitted here was about the the prophet marrying an older woman. This should be included in a letter from both you and your husband since casa seems to think marrying an older woman is unheard of in Morocco. And we know it is not.

I hope this helps you Vonnie.

chi

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sorry the bad news about your friend. I think they should try again and get a lawyer to help them. They have been married 2 years. The third time is the charm

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Timeline

Since we went through casa and had our case returned to USCIS "due to the validity of the relationship" IE... age difference...

Try to be there when your husband has the interview. I think this is the best advice for anyone who has red flags!!! (No matter what they are!)

Make sure you have lots of proof, ie, pics, e mails logs since you met, any letters that you sent, travel itinery copies including copies of your passport stamps, any type of paper trail between you and your husband at all. And I mean anything, the more the better!!!

Get some letters from people who know you to include with your proof of relationship. Be sure they have their full name, full address and phone number in the letter to show they can be contacted if casa so desires. Your husband can get some too and translate them. Get as many as you can. I had 8. I kept the originals and provided copies, just in case...

Most of all, make sure your husband shows the proof even if the CO does not ask for it!!! Make sure your husband understands this is a MUST!!!

A great idea already submitted here was about the the prophet marrying an older woman. This should be included in a letter from both you and your husband since casa seems to think marrying an older woman is unheard of in Morocco. And we know it is not.

chi

I agree!..

I had added my husband to a few things like to my work benifits. he has a card.

he was added to anything that I could add him too. the adjudicator in our case - thought I could not add him to nothing til I show the benifit cards in his name. I also showed her a paper showing when I added him. it even had his name on the envelope showed her that too.. :D added him to leagal insurance

has his name on that too. even my mama sent a fax to the Adjudicator - she put all her credentals on there so if the adjudicator needed to call my mama she could.. :D

shon.gif

Timeline

In one case, the petitioner WAS with the beneficary at the Casa consulate on the interview day and they still gave a 221(g) and humiliated him... I don't know if being there really does help change the CO's decision?

Edited by iceyspots

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

In one case, the petitioner WAS with the beneficary at the Casa consulate on the interview day and they still gave a 221(g) and humiliated him... I don't know if being there really does help change the CO's decision?

Who was that? Did the CO know the petitioner was there?

chi

I agree!..

I had added my husband to a few things like to my work benifits. he has a card.

he was added to anything that I could add him too. the adjudicator in our case - thought I could not add him to nothing til I show the benifit cards in his name. I also showed her a paper showing when I added him. it even had his name on the envelope showed her that too.. :D added him to leagal insurance

has his name on that too. even my mama sent a fax to the Adjudicator - she put all her credentals on there so if the adjudicator needed to call my mama she could.. :D

I did the same thing! Added my husband to my health insurane, dental and life insurace.

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Timeline

Who was that? Did the CO know the petitioner was there?

I know it was somewhere in the ME/NA thread ... this was quite a while back, I think in January (yes my memory sucks).. I'm pretty sure it was Moroccogirlny. But I could be wrong about that... anyways the petitioner was there for the interview and was waiting outside and the CO knew the petitioner was there. In no way am I saying it hurts to be at the interview, I'm just saying in the past it just shows that there is a possibility it doesnt make a difference to them, it seems like they think denying visas gets them brownie points or something.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Make sure your fiancee/husband is very careful about being pushy to show your evidence. There are differences in what you can get away with, with demanding the CO's to look at your evidence. The worst of the CO in Morocco will probably find ways to deny you if you piss her off. But instead use tricks to get your evidence out there. 1) Make sure you have folders and make sure they are clearly marked what evidence you have in them. 2) When the CO asks a question, then make sure your fiancee/husband digs out the evidence that goes along with it. For example if they are asked how do you communicate. He or she should say we communicate by phone, online and by snail mail. At the very same time he should be grabbing the phone bills, the copies of the e-mails and instant message print outs. That question from the CO asks for evidence and is your chance so they will not take offense later when in their mind it's not the time to show since they didn't ask for it. In short you have to know how to play the game to interview these CO's based on their personalities and what you can get away with. So practice and prepare what you will do for questions you know you will get then it's a habit and you will do fine.

Going to be with your fiancee/husband during their interview is good advice but I do not feel it is 100% necessary since some Consulates do not let you go in with them. Plus you probably have limited vacation time and money to make the trip at the last minute and the CO's realize this. If you have all the other proof and how you present it most likely will be enough. But if you can afford the time off and the money and feel better go to the interview, it sure can't hurt either. But do not skip all the other more important prep work to make your interview successful. Do not come out of the interview regretting you took the short cut and didn't practice and prepare, you will only have yourself to blame if you fail. Do not only blame CO for your case being denied if you didn't do your work. I am not saying the CO is always right, but it's not their fault to see through your dumb mistakes and approve you anyway just because you are nicer than the last couple that failed their interview just like you did. I know some people will get offended because they were denied, but I ask them to be honest with their cases and take their own blame if they messed up.

I only offer my advice because all the work I did paid off with a visa from Morocco and it has helped other couples get their visas from Morocco also. In fact every couple I and my husband helped has gotten their visa. And I hope my advice helps others.

Paula

chi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.