chiquita

VISA DENIED 2ND TIME!!!

206 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

The advice given is good yes, but it doesn't always work. That is the reason for the complaints here. We have people offering basic advice but they don't necessarily know whether or not this person actually already did what they say will work. Emotions are high here because we are being told that we screwed up, when we know that isn't the case.

Obviously this thread is going nowhere.

Chi, I wish I had some advice that would help her in the future efforts rather than the misguided advice you have received here. Please tell your friend that our prayers are with her and her husband.

I learned something new about our case today. The consulate actually told our representative that they screwed up our case by not looking at our evidence, and they wish they could take it back, but they can't at this point. Now this is something I never expected from them!

WOW!! SO THEY MAKE MISTAKES!!

same thing sorta happened to us...the CO was so sorry for what we went through, she spent so much time going through our file (over 5 inches thick by this time) and reading everything.

WELL, AN UPDATE ON MY FRIEND...

The CO's decision stands, that is it. Since she doesn't believe he loves her, after 3 years of marriage, they will have to wait until she hears from USCIS to find out the new reason it was returned. According to Marc, it can't be sent back for the same reason it was sent before...hmmm....we will see.

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Some people just cannot be helped.

Endless posts about how things aren't fair or how they "should" be handled aren't addressing the realities of the situation.

Continue on ... stick by what you "want" to be the case. Don't go to any extra trouble because you think it shouldn't be necessary. Feel better because so many are in the same boat. At least you will have the comforting feeling of righteousness in your defeat.

I don't know where you're getting this from. Yes, there has been a lot of complaining around here, and rightfully so - some people have been waiting a very long time here to be with their loved one. But there has also been a lot of effort in trying to figure out how to achieve successful resolutions in some of the trickier cases. I think everyone around here HAS gone through extra trouble because we know it IS necessary, even if we believe that it SHOULDN'T be.

Please don't step into one thread and spout sarcastic remarks when you haven't been around through it all. You obviously haven't seen all of the constructive advice given around here as much if not more than the comiseration.

And maybe, it's not that some people can't be helped, it's just that they can't be helped by you and others with similar comments. What solutions have any of the non ME/NA posters propsed here? Instead it's been a whole lot of, "Well, that's the way it is. Why don't you try to find a solution instead of complaining? The CO has a right to deny you if she thinks you smell funny." Which I sort of take as a euphemism for, "I agree with the COs, you all are a bunch of shams, and you deserve what you get for playing with your boytoys."

Sure, we can all turn off our "emotion switch", ummmm...and then what??? What is everyone REALLY trying to say here?

I have been following this thread...every post...and I've seen much advice given that was picked apart and disregarded ... perhaps because the advice was not what some wanted to hear... at least is appeared that way. What I have seen is a whole lot of debate about wheter this or that should be allowed by the CO... if it's right for them to make the judgements they do.

The advice given is good yes, but it doesn't always work. That is the reason for the complaints here. We have people offering basic advice but they don't necessarily know whether or not this person actually already did what they say will work. Emotions are high here because we are being told that we screwed up, when we know that isn't the case.

Chi, I wish I had some advice that would help her in the future efforts rather than the misguided advice you have received here. Please tell your friend that our prayers are with her and her husband.

I learned something new about our case today. The consulate actually told our representative that they screwed up our case by not looking at our evidence, and they wish they could take it back, but they can't at this point. Now this is something I never expected from them!

I'd like to clarify something in the fairness of all that have spent time participating in this thread, and admittedly, I have not re-read each of the 11 pages, but I think to the best of my recollection that the majority of the posts in this thread have not been offering advice that a member in the ME/NA should follow, but rather it's been a case reiterating the protocols defined in the DOS and USCIS regulations and of offering possible explanations for why things might have occurred the way they have. There is a distinction, and I know that most VJ members refrain from directing others to do what they are not qualified to do.

And I hesitate to agree that any of that which has been offered is "misguided". That's a stretch, don't you think? Or if you don't and matters are entirely different in this region of the world, then would it be fair to state that what works here, doesn't work elsewhere? In that regard, wouldn't it also be prudent to bear that in mind when participating in threads that pertain to other areas of the world? I don't think one can adopt one point of view, in one instance, and then disregard it in another.

I think you misunderstood why I said misguided information. I consider it misguided not because the advice is bad, but rather the advise has already been followed and it was still denied. What the OP was asking is what should be her next step, not what did she do wrong. I do believe a lot of what you and others are saying as being good advice for the first time around. You must identify your red flags, you must expect a tough interview, and you must be prepared. Our red flag is the age difference and that we met on a dating site. I knew it would be a tough interview, and my husband and I were prepared with everything imaginable to contradict what we are sure they were thinking. What happened in our case totally threw us off. Instead of thinking he duped me, they think I have been paid. Its a long story, but they think that his sister that is here in the US came on a sham marriage and is now divorced and that she paid me. In the CO's defense he did try to find information on his sister on the computer, but couldn't for some reason. The problem with the CO's theory is that even if his sister did come over on a sham marriage and then divorced (btw, she is still married to the man that brought her over), what has that got to do with our case? If my brother robbed a bank does that mean I did as well?

The reason I am telling you this is so you can see that being prepared is not always going to cut it, they didn't even look at our evidence, they were too busy asking about his sister. If they had followed their own procedures and guidelines it would have saved extra work for the CIS and for themselves when this petition is reaffirmed.

Now of course, I have strayed from the original topic as well. What I hope to see is someone who has some valid advise for this couple on how to proceed next.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

You say that USCIS "found him to be eligible 2 times". Meaning, USCIS confirmed that there is a US citizen who has a legal "immediate relative" realtionship with him. That's it, period. That is all a petition establishes.

He must then qualify for the visa in his own right.

And after he has it, he must qualify for entry to the US in his own right, at the discretion of the CBP.

WELL, IF THAT IS THE "LEGALEZ" THAT IS USED THEN YES YOU ARE RIGHT.

THE US CITIZEN ESTABLISHED SHE HAS A 'VALID MARRIAGE' BY SENDING IN THE PROOF (THAT WAS PRESENT AT THE INTERVIEW BUT THE CO REFUSED TO LOOK AT) AND THEN SOME MORE.

ONE USCIS REAFFIMS THE CASE THEY THEN SENDS A NOA TO THE PETITIONER THAT THEY HAVE SENT NOTICE REQUESTING DOS TO TAKE ACTION ON THE CASE.

QUALIFY? YOU MEAN MORE HOOPS TO JUMP THROUGH?

Oh brother! Chiquita, you wanted to have the law cited, and here you are questioning it. USCIS handles the petitioner's request for a visa to be issued to his/her immediate relative beneficiary. USCIS reviews the request and if evidence demonstrates that the beneficiary indeed has an immediate relative relationship with the petitioner, the petition is approved. Period.

Next stage is DOS, a completely different process involving different eligibility requirements, but related and dependent upon an approved petition by USCIS. They have their own set of criterion to meet. The "Immediate relative" beneficiary (already established that the legal union exists, but what is not decided is *why* and for *what purpose* it was entered into). DOS then takes it from there.

I AM LEARNING THIS...

What I would like to say is >>>>

WHY DOSEN'T THE GOVERNEMENT TELL US ALL THIS STUFF????

3 hoops to jump through!!! why are we criminals until proveb innocent?

The "why" is because we love each other!

The "what purpose" si we want to be together!

How difficult is that to understand?

This makes no sense to me, but then many things don't. Live and learn.

Some people just cannot be helped.

Endless posts about how things aren't fair or how they "should" be handled aren't addressing the realities of the situation.

Continue on ... stick by what you "want" to be the case. Don't go to any extra trouble because you think it shouldn't be necessary. Feel better because so many are in the same boat. At least you will have the comforting feeling of righteousness in your defeat.

I don't know where you're getting this from. Yes, there has been a lot of complaining around here, and rightfully so - some people have been waiting a very long time here to be with their loved one. But there has also been a lot of effort in trying to figure out how to achieve successful resolutions in some of the trickier cases. I think everyone around here HAS gone through extra trouble because we know it IS necessary, even if we believe that it SHOULDN'T be.

Please don't step into one thread and spout sarcastic remarks when you haven't been around through it all. You obviously haven't seen all of the constructive advice given around here as much if not more than the comiseration.

And maybe, it's not that some people can't be helped, it's just that they can't be helped by you and others with similar comments. What solutions have any of the non ME/NA posters propsed here? Instead it's been a whole lot of, "Well, that's the way it is. Why don't you try to find a solution instead of complaining? The CO has a right to deny you if she thinks you smell funny." Which I sort of take as a euphemism for, "I agree with the COs, you all are a bunch of shams, and you deserve what you get for playing with your boytoys."

Sure, we can all turn off our "emotion switch", ummmm...and then what??? What is everyone REALLY trying to say here?

I have been following this thread...every post...and I've seen much advice given that was picked apart and disregarded ... perhaps because the advice was not what some wanted to hear... at least is appeared that way. What I have seen is a whole lot of debate about wheter this or that should be allowed by the CO... if it's right for them to make the judgements they do.

I'd like to clarify something in the fairness of all that have spent time participating in this thread, and admittedly, I have not re-read each of the 11 pages, but I think to the best of my recollection that the majority of the posts in this thread have not been offering advice that a member in the ME/NA should follow, but rather it's been a case reiterating the protocols defined in the DOS and USCIS regulations and of offering possible explanations for why things might have occurred the way they have. There is a distinction, and I know that most VJ members refrain from directing others to do what they are not qualified to do.

And I hesitate to agree that any of that which has been offered is "misguided". That's a stretch, don't you think? Or if you don't and matters are entirely different in this region of the world, then would it be fair to state that what works here, doesn't work elsewhere? In that regard, wouldn't it also be prudent to bear that in mind when participating in threads that pertain to other areas of the world? I don't think one can adopt one point of view, in one instance, and then disregard it in another.

FINALLY!

THANK YOU!

This is the biggest problem of all>>>>

Saying waht worked here will work there...

hi again, about the age and those stuffs,i believe inside usa there r ones who married and they have age difference,especially the famous people there some is 30 to 40 yrs difference from donald trump to the woman married the wheelchair 80yrs man.i want to ask, what the younger woman has and the older doesnt have? if it's about beauty, they r beautiful olders.weights? it's not important as it's easy to lose and gain and there youngers much fat.energy? there r youth but they have no energy no high spirit and so on.that desert fox said there r people (muslims like he said) want to go there,but he forgot or wanted to ignore there r europeans,canadians,australians,japaneses ... r doing the same visa process and all say they r worry and being sick of waitting and waitting.there r countries u can live better in too, but lots like usa as they want to see and live the american life they see in tv in movies,but not all of them just use every way to be in there.to go to usa is nice but to be with a sweet love in ur side is the nicest and the sweetest.

P.S: my friend aunt (here in morocco) is up 42 yrs and she's married to a 30ies man,they r moroccans muslims,he has the house and the work and she doesnt work,so he didnt look for a fortune from a woman with no salary.and my nighbor is married to a divorced lady with a 2 yrs kid. so not all what some read about muslims from the non muslims writtings r true.

~'~ THAT WAS MY OPINION N YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO AGREE AND DISAGREE JUST TALK NICE ~'~

THANKS FOR YOUR KIND WORDS, THEY ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

WOW!! SO THEY MAKE MISTAKES!!

same thing sorta happened to us...the CO was so sorry for what we went through, she spent so much time going through our file (over 5 inches thick by this time) and reading everything.

WELL, AN UPDATE ON MY FRIEND...

The CO's decision stands, that is it. Since she doesn't believe he loves her, after 3 years of marriage, they will have to wait until she hears from USCIS to find out the new reason it was returned. According to Marc, it can't be sent back for the same reason it was sent before...hmmm....we will see.

I'm sorry to hear that. My guess is that since they can't send it back for the same reason they found something new. Has your friend and her husband taken the time to really pick apart the interview question and answers? I would suggest that they file for a FOIA ASAP. One thing I have learned is that if you file the FOIA at the wrong place you won't get the information you are seeking. If your friend decided to do this you must file for the FOIA at the Department of State, not the Department of Homeland Security. This should give you information from the consulate rather than the CIS.

Please keep us informed. It looks like she is in for another long ride, I'm so sorry.

Edited by Morocco4ever

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Timeline
Oh brother! Chiquita, you wanted to have the law cited, and here you are questioning it. USCIS handles the petitioner's request for a visa to be issued to his/her immediate relative beneficiary. USCIS reviews the request and if evidence demonstrates that the beneficiary indeed has an immediate relative relationship with the petitioner, the petition is approved. Period.

Next stage is DOS, a completely different process involving different eligibility requirements, but related and dependent upon an approved petition by USCIS. They have their own set of criterion to meet. The "Immediate relative" beneficiary (already established that the legal union exists, but what is not decided is *why* and for *what purpose* it was entered into). DOS then takes it from there.

I AM LEARNING THIS...

My point, and perhaps that of others is that this is not the preferred stage at which anyone should be learning. This is basic.

How did I learn it, how did others? The information is out there, if you are willing to do the research,

I'm not inclined to consider them hoops, as you call them. They are processes. If something becomes a hoop that one has to jump through, it suggests that the circumstances are not the norm.

Not at all difficult to understand, but the onus is on both of you to demonstrate that.

FINALLY!

THANK YOU!

I'm not meaning to appear condescending, Chiquita, because I say this with all sincereity, but there is a comprehension problem. You appear to see what you wish to see. You appear to ignore the obvious, and perhaps, just perhaps, this is why things appear to you to be less than straightforward. My comment above was not at all worded to refer to the recommendations in this thread, but rather to your own words! YOU claim that all is different in the ME/NA world of consular reviews. I'm not going to challenge that opinion, because I can neither prove nor refute that, but what I concluded is, and I repeat to make sure you clearly understand me..."If procedures are different within the consulate with which you are working, and those who are not dealing with that consulate cannot and should not offer boilerplate advice or suggestions that work elsewhere because that will not and has not worked, then by all means consider that when offering advice to others elsewhere" ;)

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Timeline

Oh brother! Chiquita' date=' you wanted to have the law cited, and here you are questioning it. USCIS handles the petitioner's request for a visa to be issued to his/her immediate relative beneficiary. USCIS reviews the request and if evidence demonstrates that the beneficiary indeed has an immediate relative relationship with the petitioner, the petition is approved. Period.

[/quote']

I AM LEARNING THIS...

My point, and perhaps that of others is that this is not the preferred stage at which anyone should be learning. This is basic.

How did I learn it, how did others? The information is out there, if you are willing to do the research,

I'm not inclined to consider them hoops, as you call them. They are processes. If something becomes a hoop that one has to jump through, it suggests that the circumstances are not the norm.

Not at all difficult to understand, but the onus is on both of you to demonstrate that.

FINALLY!

THANK YOU!

I'm not meaning to appear condescending, Chiquita, because I say this with all sincereity, but there is a comprehension problem. You appear to see what you wish to see. You appear to ignore the obvious, and perhaps, just perhaps, this is why things appear to you to be less than straightforward. My comment above was not at all worded to refer to the recommendations in this thread, but rather to your own words! YOU claim that all is different in the ME/NA world of consular reviews. I'm not going to challenge that opinion, because I can neither prove nor refute that, but what I concluded is, and I repeat to make sure you clearly understand me..."If procedures are different within the consulate with which you are working, and those who are not dealing with that consulate cannot and should not offer boilerplate advice or suggestions that work elsewhere because that will not and has not worked, then by all means consider that when offering advice to others elsewhere" ;)

I AM LEARNING THIS...

BASIC? BASIC TO WHOM? I FOLLOWED EVERYTHING AND THEN SOME. AS THE AVERAGE JOE(ETTE) AT IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES WHICH DO SEEM BASIC TO FOLLOW, I DID SO. THE PROBLEM HEREIN AGAIN IS SOME CONSULATES DO NOT FOLLOW THEM. PERIOD. AGAIN PERIOD.

AS TO MY COMPREHENSION, ARE YOU SAYING HOW STUPID I AM? I AM SURELY NOT EDUCATED IN IMMIGRATION LAW, THAT IS TRUE. THE PROBLEM IS THERE ARE A SECRET SET OF RULES THAT THE AVERAGE JOE(ETTE) IS TOTALLY UNAWARE OF...UM THAT BEING ME AND MULTIPLE OTHER PEOPLE.

LETS SUFICE IT TO SAY THAT IF A COUPLE MAKES IT THROUGH CASA THEY WERE LUCKY, NOT THAT THEY DID IT BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE. THOSE WHO CLAIM ANYTHING OTHER ARE JUST GLOATING IN THEIR OWN IGNORANCE.

Not at all difficult to understand, but the onus is on both of you to demonstrate that

WE WANTED TO DO JUST THAT!!!! WE WERE NOT ALLOWED TO DO THAT!!!!! FIVE MINUTES AND THE CO LIES TO MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!! HELLO, ARE YOU READING?

YOU claim that all is different in the ME/NA world of consular reviews.

I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE TO CLAIM THIS.

..."If procedures are different within the consulate with which you are working, and those who are not dealing with that consulate cannot and should not offer boilerplate advice or suggestions that work elsewhere because that will not and has not worked, then by all means consider that when offering advice to others elsewhere

I WAS AGREEING WITH YOU ON THIS POINT.

ONCE AGAIN, I AM NOT THE EXPERT ON THIS IMMIGRATION STUFF. How many times do I have to say it? I followed what should be a simple procedure and then it all came to a halt due to one person who failed to do their job. Please tell me how difficult is that to understand? Even the next CO who interviewed us apologized for it. How more plain can it be?

BOTTOM LINE FOR ALL GOING THROUGH CASa...

BE AWARE ! BE EDUCATED!!! BE SLY!!! BE ON THE OFFENSIVE AND MAKE SURE YOUR MAN GIVES THE PROOF OF YOUR RELATIONSHIP!!!!!!! MAKE SURE HE IS AGGRESSIVE!! THEY DON'T SEEM TO LIKE PASSIVE/GENTILE MEN.

I think it would be a very good thread for all of us to post to those yet waiting for the interview the pitfalls about the red flags.

Age of course is the biggest one. One needs to have that addressed very clearly.

In my opinion...just my opinion, be there for the interview. BE THERE!!

Make sure the CO knows you are there! That is the first bit of advice I give. The first sentance out of his mouth should be "MY WIFE/FIANCE IS HERE WITH ME WAITING OUTSIDE SHOULD YOU LIKE TO INTERVIEW/MEET WITH BOTH OF US".

And remember one thing..what worked for one will not always work for the other.

.png

Married in 04

chiqa.jpg

Timeline

I THINK YOU ARE SAYING LIKE ICY SAID...ROSE COLORED GLASSES.

I SUPPOSE THAT IS RIGHT. I JUST BELIEVED IN THE AMERICAN SYSTEM.

I WAS DUPED.

I WASN'T THINKING FRAUD.

I WASN'T THINKING AGE.

I WASN'T THINKING MUSLIM COUNTRY.

SO MANY THINGS I FAILED TO THINK OF.

PERHAPS THAT'S BECAUSE I LIVE A QUITE LIFE LIVING IN THE WOODS AWAY FROM MY HECTIC JOB OBEYING THE LAWS OF LIFE AND COUNTRY AND MEETING AND FALLING IN LOVE WITH MY SOULMATE.

THOUGHT I HAD THE RIGHT TO HAVE MY HUSBAND BY MY SIDE TO SPEND THE REST OF OUR LIFE TOGETHER. HE MAKES ME SO HAPPY.

WRONG WRONG WRONG

I HAVE SINCE CHANGED THE COLOR OF MY GLASSES. ACTUALLY MY HUSBAND BOUGHT ME A NEW PAIR ON MY LAST VISIT AND I SEE SO WELL WITH THEM!

.png

Married in 04

chiqa.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
LETS SUFICE IT TO SAY THAT IF A COUPLE MAKES IT THROUGH CASA THEY WERE LUCKY, NOT THAT THEY DID IT BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE. THOSE WHO CLAIM ANYTHING OTHER ARE JUST GLOATING IN THEIR OWN IGNORANCE.

We made it through Casa, but I don't think we were "lucky". It just so happened that we did not have the red flags in our case that many others face. I in no way think that we did it better than anyone, it's just that our case wasn't so complicated.

For those have a very straightforward case, I would say that Casa is comparable to your average consulate. I would hate for someone just beginning this process to be scared out of their wits if there's no reason to be.

Yes, be prepared, but to a level that is appropriate to address whatever red flags you have, if any.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am not sure what to think of the Consulate in Casa...In our case you may say that we had few of the so called red flags...I am older 8yrs than Jamal, was married once before, I am not Muslim, the only common language that we have is Spanish...but our case process in under 5 months including AP...and to top it all we did have the female officer that is famous for a lot of refusals and prejudice...It is hard to judge the outcome of our case in comparison with others...We knew each other only 8 months at the time of the interview and as for the evidence the officer only asked for e-mails...nothing else...There were a lot of questions that covered our relationship, his past and previous employment as well as my background and employment history...we had nothing to hide all was disclosed as Jamal was asked questions...and was given 221g for the AP...So as you can see I had some of the so called red flags that could have worked against our case but thanks God they did not...I am lost for words why Casa seems to be selective in their approvals or rejections...it seems that there is some hidden rule that they apply when conducting an interview...I have totally no idea...I still believe that the truth is the best policy and it should come out sooner or later...some one said that one consulate admitted to an omission when adjudicating their decision...It is sad to see all this taking place...I am aware that Morocco is still considered a high fraud country but I guess their guidelines should be revised...that is just my two cents...

Chi, I feel so sorry for your friend and I will pray for a positive resolutions...

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Timeline

We made it through Casa, but I don't think we were "lucky". It just so happened that we did not have the red flags in our case that many others face. I in no way think that we did it better than anyone, it's just that our case wasn't so complicated.

For those have a very straightforward case, I would say that Casa is comparable to your average consulate. I would hate for someone just beginning this process to be scared out of their wits if there's no reason to be.

Yes, be prepared, but to a level that is appropriate to address whatever red flags you have, if any.

I AM GLAD FOR YOU.

BUT TO SAY THAT CASA IS COMPARABLE TO THE AVERAGE CONSULATE IS UNTRUE.

SOME HAD NO RED FLAGS, YET WERE DENIED. HOW TO EXPLAIN THAT?

WE HAD A FIVE MINUTE INTERVIEW JUST BEFORE LUNCH. WAS THE CO HAVING A BAD DAY? COULD BE. WHO IS TO SAY WHY ALL THIS IS GOING ON WE WILL NEVER KNOW. I DO KNOW MISTAKES HAPPEN. THERE IS MORE TO THIS TOPIC THAN HAS BEEN WRITTEN BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECTS HAVE BEEN POSTED.

I SAY TO THOSE STARTING OUT IN THIS PROCESS GOING THROUGH CASA...BE SCARED BE VERY SCARED AND PREPARE PREPARE!!!!!!

I AM STILL GLAD YOU MADE IT!!!!!

.png

Married in 04

chiqa.jpg

I understand all the emotion involved in this case, but one thing we all have to remember whether we like it or not is that as a USC we do not have an absolute right to bring anyone into this country. It is a privilege so we have to be very careful when stating how unfair immigration is because we can't help whom we fall in love with, as the government and its representatives do have a right to withold immigration privileges from anyone it deems to not warrant such. That's just the way it is.

If indeed such a privilege is not granted to your SO, then are you willing to relocate to Morocco? Obviously that would be the next logical step. As you say, we can't help whom we fall in love with but we also have to look at how much we are willing to sacrifice to be with that person - if it really is love then we would be willing to go to the ends of the earth to be with that person - love knows no bounds - so in point of fact the fact that you can't get a visa for him to come to the US isn't the end of the world or the relationship - just means a reversal of process - you go there instead of him come here. No big issue - problem solved - everyone happy! That's the real test of how much you love someone - what are you prepared to give up for them if your initial plans can't be realised.

Edited by perfect

OUR TIMELINE

K1 VISA & MARRIAGE - 8 MONTHS

17 February 2004 Sent I-129F petition CSC - It was APPROVED in 147 days

3 September 2004 INTERVIEW IN LONDON SUCCESSFUL VISA APPROVED! MARRIED OCTOBER 16, 2004

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS - 5 MONTHS

4 January 2005 - Submitted applications for AOS and EAD - 12 May 2005 Conditional Permanent Residency Approved - interview in Santa Ana

4 June 2005 CPR 2-year Green Card arrives in mail

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - 3½ MONTHS

8 May 2007 - I-751 sent to CSC - 23 August 2007 - Approved - Card production ordered

30 August 2007 - 10 year Green Card received

K2 TIMELINE (Stayed behind in UK to finish school)

28 March 2005 - embassy interview & medical London - visa granted

01/18/06 Applications for AOS/EAD sent - 03/28/06 EAD approved

4/3/06 - RFE for AOS - requested new medical and vacc supplement

4/26/06 - approved without interview and welcome letter sent

05/02/2006 - Greencard arrives in mail

03/14/08 - Petition to Remove Conditions mailed to CSC delivered - 7/2/08 APPROVED

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE (for myself and son) 5 MONTHS

April 18, 2011 - N-400 Applications Mailed to AZ lockbox

April 21 (received April 25) NOAs

May 12 - FP Letters mailed

May 16 - Received FP appointment letters for June 8 at 11am

August 1 - Interview - approved for Oath Ceremony - OATH CEREMONY 28 SEPTEMBER

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
THERE IS MORE TO THIS TOPIC THAN HAS BEEN WRITTEN BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECTS HAVE BEEN POSTED.

That is so insulting. First of all, IMO, you have no business posting someone else's case for them. Much is lost in translation.

Then you present one "fact statement' and argue with the replies you get.

Now you reveal that you *do* have more knowledge (which might have influenced the replies received) but yoiu're not going to share it. How helpful to others.

You're playing a game with someone else's life; I hope she has the sense to seek legal assitance from a more thorough source, but I doubt she will. And then you'll both wonder why her case takes forever or never gets apoproved. And then you can blame it on racisim or the CO's PMS or persecution.

As for messageboard manners, posting in all caps is the equivilant of screaming (and since you're already 'yelling' at many replies the effect is trebled) and you really need to learn how to quote. The combination makes it difficult to figure out what you're saying anyway.

I'll say a prayer for your friend and hope that the other Casa petitioners follow the lead of the other, successful women who went before them.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

SOME HAD NO RED FLAGS, YET WERE DENIED. HOW TO EXPLAIN THAT?

Chiquita,

I was not aware of any cases where someone was denied with absolutely no red flags. Would you mind being more specific? Every case I am aware of involved at least some age difference (I think 9 years was the smallest) and/or previous marriages to foreign men and/or multiple previous marriages and/or the exchange of money. Obviously I am not aware of all the denials. Are there actually cases where none of these factors exist? Is it frequent?

I am feeling more lucky every day we got through.

Rebecca

Timeline

THERE IS MORE TO THIS TOPIC THAN HAS BEEN WRITTEN BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECTS HAVE BEEN POSTED.

That is so insulting. First of all, IMO, you have no business posting someone else's case for them. Much is lost in translation.

Then you present one "fact statement' and argue with the replies you get.

Now you reveal that you *do* have more knowledge (which might have influenced the replies received) but yoiu're not going to share it. How helpful to others.

You're playing a game with someone else's life; I hope she has the sense to seek legal assitance from a more thorough source, but I doubt she will. And then you'll both wonder why her case takes forever or never gets apoproved. And then you can blame it on racisim or the CO's PMS or persecution.

As for messageboard manners, posting in all caps is the equivilant of screaming (and since you're already 'yelling' at many replies the effect is trebled) and you really need to learn how to quote. The combination makes it difficult to figure out what you're saying anyway.

I'll say a prayer for your friend and hope that the other Casa petitioners follow the lead of the other, successful women who went before them.

I am sorry.

I meant there is more to tell about my situation. Nothing that would be of importance in the forum. Not hers. And yes she is seeking professional help. I don't see why you tell me I should not post about her. I am not playing games with anyones life.

I had a question and I asked.

I posted her situation as she gave it to me. The interview was short. The CO said simply she did not believe that he loves his wife.

I am well aware of the caps. It was not meant as screaming. I was just trying to separate my comments from the others. I will try to learn the quote system, just haven't figured it out yet. I am sorry it upsets you so much.

I could say more, but I am so weary in all of this banter which amounts to nothing but petty remarks that help no one here at all.

My anger is not towards anyone, not even the CO. My anger is towards a system that does not work. If you feel it works then you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I just disagree.

.png

Married in 04

chiqa.jpg

Filed: Timeline
I meant there is more to tell about my situation. Nothing that would be of importance in the forum. Not hers. And yes she is seeking professional help. I don't see why you tell me I should not post about her. I am not playing games with anyones life.

Now that you have clarified that the "more" that was not disclosed pertains to your case, I'm sure no one would take issue with it, and I'm taking a huge leap of faith to suggest that I doubt Meauxna would have either (sorry, Mo), but the point is, "Do you see how one little word can change the outcome or people's reaction?" Perhaps you can adopt this thinking when you are ready to vouch for someone else's "clearly approvable case" when you were not in attendance, or comment the way cases are processed, CO's reactions, responses from members etc. It may seem harsh but it's the truth in the world of immigration.

I could say more, but I am so weary in all of this banter which amounts to nothing but petty remarks that help no one here at all.

I take exception to this comment, also. Petty? Like we all have nothing better to do than to waste bandwidth and our time with trivialities! I, for one, have spent more time on this thread than any other. If that's your appreciation for someone trying to help another understand the process, perhaps my time would be better spent elsewhere. Further, you may not perceive any comments placed on this thread as helpful, but I certainly would refrain from representing the entire VJ community's opinions, with your "remarks that help no one here" I've learned from this thread, as I suspect others have as well.

My anger is not towards anyone, not even the CO. My anger is towards a system that does not work. If you feel it works then you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I just disagree.

The system may work very well, even in Casa, as is evidenced here by other's success. Perhaps it would be better to express it as the system is cumbersome when one's case has specific needs and irregularities. I'd be willing to go along with a comment like that!

Edited by diadromous mermaid

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.