LovinLiberia

Sub-Saharan Cyber Cafe #3

2,283 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
still kinda dead around here. is everyone on vacation?

well, as for me :D , I just lurk B) a couple of times a week, and post when I see something that strikes my fancy :P

(F)

poink poink poink. where is your fancy? :devil:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

OK, I did the same buttering up. LOL but didn't get back much information. I think I did some begging too.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sent and email to embassy requesting information, offering any assistance, also let them know I understood the reasoning for the process and thanked them for their time & energy (buttering up never hurts :))

Here's their response:

"This process will take several weeks or even a few months. Thank you, if we do need anything we will ask. We have learned from experience not to discuss what we are researching; when we do, our clients tend to get involved and compromise the integrity of our research."

Good morning sub! Half my work week is over. I have Thursday and Friday off again this week. Going camping on my mom's property out in east gish. Next to the white mountains.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

I sent another email saying it made sense to not talk about what they were researching and said our lives are an open book and they can read whatever they wish. I told them if they would speed read we'd love it! (humor doesn't hurt either does it??) Then I told them I was planning a trip to visit my husband and if there was a good time to meet with someone there to let me know. When I called DOS this morning they told me that an email had been logged into the system that said I was planning a trip. So, they are at least aware of and documenting my contacts with them.

OK, I did the same buttering up. LOL but didn't get back much information. I think I did some begging too.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sent and email to embassy requesting information, offering any assistance, also let them know I understood the reasoning for the process and thanked them for their time & energy (buttering up never hurts :))

Here's their response:

"This process will take several weeks or even a few months. Thank you, if we do need anything we will ask. We have learned from experience not to discuss what we are researching; when we do, our clients tend to get involved and compromise the integrity of our research."

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Filed: Other Timeline
still kinda dead around here. is everyone on vacation?

well, as for me :D , I just lurk B) a couple of times a week, and post when I see something that strikes my fancy :P

(F)

poink poink poink. where is your fancy? :devil:

:unsure: its....ummmm.....ahhhh.....neva u mind, Charles! :blush:

{ :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: }

(F)

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good morning! Another quick week for me. I am feeling a little mroe stress about elaving early this week. I have lots of work due by the end of August.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Timeline

good morning all. have a happy hump day!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Per Sarah at DOS the embassy received my email letting them know I am planning a trip to see SO and the notes say they would love to interview with me :-). She said there weren't any notes as to when so I'll email embassy to see what they have to say!

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

TOTAL 80 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

TOTAL 29 DAYS

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

Timeline

good morning all. it's almost friday!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Email from Embassy in Dakar!!!!

Ms. WhidbeyGirl,

We can offer you an interview date of 24 Sep at 1500hr if that will work with your schedule? If not let us know and we will look for another date. As before remember to bring anything you feel will support your case. Just give us a reply to this e-mail attention Eligibility Review Unit.

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

TOTAL 80 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

TOTAL 29 DAYS

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Ms. WhidbeyGirl,

We can offer you an interview date of 24 Sep at 1500hr if that will work with your schedule? If not let us know and we will look for another date. As before remember to bring anything you feel will support your case. Just give us a reply to this e-mail attention Eligibility Review Unit.

Oh, good! I'm glad that you're going to have the opportunity to present your case. Good luck! (F) We may end up being in Dakar in the same time period.

Whidbey-did you have problems with the doctor in Dakar? My fiance completed all of his blood work and chest x-rays and everything came out well, but the doctor is taking his sweet time preparing the final paperwork that my fiance needs prior to the interview (or to scheduling the interview).

event.png

Ms. WhidbeyGirl,

Oh, good! I'm glad that you're going to have the opportunity to present your case. Good luck! (F) We may end up being in Dakar in the same time period.

Whidbey-did you have problems with the doctor in Dakar? My fiance completed all of his blood work and chest x-rays and everything came out well, but the doctor is taking his sweet time preparing the final paperwork that my fiance needs prior to the interview (or to scheduling the interview).

SO spent 3 weeks in Dakar getting medical done!! Dr didn't have paperwork until day before interview.

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

TOTAL 80 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

TOTAL 29 DAYS

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

Timeline

Ms. WhidbeyGirl,

SO spent 3 weeks in Dakar getting medical done!! Dr didn't have paperwork until day before interview.

Nooooo.....I'm going to be at the interview, but I can't afford to buy a plane ticket and risk not having the paperwork done from the doctor. He's done with everything but this final visit with the main dr. The doctor keeps asking him when his interview is, but we're not supposed to schedule the interview until we have the medical. I feel like he's just waiting until he has a deadline to work with. Grrrr... I don't know what to do. My fiance has called him four or five times a day, and he just keeps saying "Oh, you don't have an interview scheduled? Don't worry about a thing. I'll call you tonight and we'll set up an appointment." Three evenings later, and he still hasn't called, but is still giving the same speech every time my SO calls. Tomorrow, we're going to schedule the interview and see if that forces him to move a little more quickly. I'm nervous about doing this, though, and then not having the paperwork in time for the interview.....

event.png

Ms. WhidbeyGirl,

Nooooo.....I'm going to be at the interview, but I can't afford to buy a plane ticket and risk not having the paperwork done from the doctor. He's done with everything but this final visit with the main dr. The doctor keeps asking him when his interview is, but we're not supposed to schedule the interview until we have the medical. I feel like he's just waiting until he has a deadline to work with. Grrrr... I don't know what to do. My fiance has called him four or five times a day, and he just keeps saying "Oh, you don't have an interview scheduled? Don't worry about a thing. I'll call you tonight and we'll set up an appointment." Three evenings later, and he still hasn't called, but is still giving the same speech every time my SO calls. Tomorrow, we're going to schedule the interview and see if that forces him to move a little more quickly. I'm nervous about doing this, though, and then not having the paperwork in time for the interview.....

Has your fiance told him that he can't schedule interview until medical is complete? It's different than the IR1/CR1 visa since we get the interview date first and then schedule the medical. Dr may not realize that.

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

TOTAL 80 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

TOTAL 29 DAYS

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

Timeline

Ms. WhidbeyGirl,

Has your fiance told him that he can't schedule interview until medical is complete? It's different than the IR1/CR1 visa since we get the interview date first and then schedule the medical. Dr may not realize that.

He does realize that. My fiance has explained it every time he's called. The doctor just keeps saying that he'll call my SO in the evening and that they'll set up an appointment.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.