HOHOHO

Police Certificate: need MULTIPLE ones?

3 posts in this topic

confusing Request for more information from NVC...

I THINK it means they want not just the Police certificate/translation/copy sent for my spouse's town, but one PER each city she has lived in since age 16..

Is that right?

She's ready to book travel to get the extra police certificates...just want to know if that's really needed.

So damn hard to get through to the NVC on the horn...

thanks for input.

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Indonesia

Marriage : 2007-08-10

I-130 Sent : 2007-08-21

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-01-18

I-130 Approved : 2008-09-15

NVC Received : 2008-09-24

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-09-27

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-09-28

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-09-28

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-10-02

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-10-17

Receive IV Bill : 2008-10-30

Pay IV Bill : 2008-10-31

Receive Instruction Package :

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-01-28

NVC Left : 2009-01-30

Consulate Received : 2009-02-20

Packet 3 Received : 2009-02-20

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-02-24

Packet 4 Received : 2009-02-26

Interview Date : 2010-03-18

Visa Received : 2009-03-23

US Entry :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 241 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 792 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Police Records

Available for both Indonesian and Non Indonesian citizens as follow:

For Indonesians: Applicants that have lived in any one city in Indonesia for six months or longer, should obtain a Police Certificate (Certificate of Good Conduct) for each city from the City Police (POLDA) of that jurisdiction or from the Police Headquarters (MABES POLRI, Jalan Trunojoyo No.3, Kebayoran Baru) which covers all the districts in Indonesia.

Applications for the Certificate of Good Conduct must be accompanied by the following documents:

Copy of all passport pages (old and current passport).

Letter from Kelurahan (Head of District) and Letter from Kecamatan (Sub Region)

Four recent color photographs with red background (40cm x 60cm).

Marriage certificate (if applicable).

Copy of Birth Certificate, KTP (Indonesian Identification Card) and KK (Family Card).

Fingerprints (to be taken at the time the application is submitted).

Applicants should apply in person. Processing time for the certificate is approximately one week from the date of submission.

Note: The quality of Police Clearance information depends on the area and office from which it comes. Records kept at the Police Headquarters are generally reliable. Police Certificates from Police Stations outside the capital city are not reliable and need to be carefully examined.

For Non-Indonesians: Applicants that have lived in Indonesia for more than one continuous year at anytime should obtain a Police Certificate from Police Headquarters at MABES POLRI only.

Applicants should apply in person at:

MABES POLRI

Jalan Trunojoyo No.3

Kebayoran Baru

Jakarta Selatan

Applications for the Certificate of Good Conduct must be accompanied by the following documents:

Copy of all passport pages (old and current passport).

Four recent color photographs with red background (40cm x 60 cm).

Copy of KIMS/KITAS (Temporary Stay Permit).

Copy of letter from current employer while hiring in Indonesia stating dates of employment.

Fingerprints (to be taken at the time the application is submitted).

The processing time for the certificate is approximately one week from the date of submission.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3584.html

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

WHAT exactly did they write or ask for on the RFE letter?

confusing Request for more information from NVC...

I THINK it means they want not just the Police certificate/translation/copy sent for my spouse's town, but one PER each city she has lived in since age 16..

Is that right?

She's ready to book travel to get the extra police certificates...just want to know if that's really needed.

So damn hard to get through to the NVC on the horn...

thanks for input.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.